Rick Scott ignored calls from Hollywood, FL nursing home where folks died (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:48:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rick Scott ignored calls from Hollywood, FL nursing home where folks died (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rick Scott ignored calls from Hollywood, FL nursing home where folks died  (Read 2080 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 15, 2017, 06:08:08 PM »

Tgat sound is his 2018 chances going up in smoke

The company of which he was the Chief Executive was found guilty of fourteen felony fraud charges pertaining to its business and Medicare billing practices (although he was not found personally guilty). That didn't prevent him from winning the GOP Primaries and the Gubernatorial election twice. I doubt this will hurt him much among Florida Republican voters.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 01:06:52 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2017, 01:08:40 PM by Jacobin American »

Just imagine these ads next year:

As Trump was urging Scott to run for Senate in the middle of a storm, Scott was ignoring calls for help from a nursing home that he personally gave his number and told to call for help. 8 people died from Scott playing politics"

Yeah, but it's a Medicare facility, so their lives aren't worth more than anything but campaign smears and temporary moral outrage. Millions of elderly living in similar conditions will continue to be neglected throughout Florida and our country; wealth determines a person's worth. Had this been a facility for upper-class residents you can bet the response would've been considerably more prompt and facility more prepared.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 02:33:29 PM »

I haven't talked to a single person - even the most ferocious Scott critics, of whom I know plenty, that haven't at least begrudgingly praised his handling of the storm.

I'll at least concede that, aside from this nursing home situation (Scott's role in this awful situation is questionable, although the fact that there is widespread disregard for the conditions of Medicare facilities by government at all levels, which certainly led to these deaths, is not questionable), he has handled the Hurricane Irma crisis quite well.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 02:35:19 PM »

Yes, but that doesn't absolve Scott of any blame if he TOLD them to call him on that number and there was no action taken.
Do you idiots know how many ing calls he got that day? Scott handled the storm flawlessly. Let the actual storm survivors judge his handling of it.
As opposed to the ones who died under his watch?  Roll Eyes

I'm glad the doctors didn't handle your brother's overdose so flawlessly.

Why do so many people on this forum keep bringing this up? Shut the hell up about his brother.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies