YouGov: Most Democrats don't want Sanders to run again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:30:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  YouGov: Most Democrats don't want Sanders to run again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: YouGov: Most Democrats don't want Sanders to run again  (Read 1807 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2017, 07:00:24 PM »

Just so it doesn't get buried...note that Clinton is more popular than Sanders among Democrats.

Yet another reason why Democrats are awful people.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2017, 07:09:30 PM »

wonder if TYT will report this
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2017, 07:32:06 PM »

Just so it doesn't get buried...note that Clinton is more popular than Sanders among Democrats.

Yet another reason why Democrats are the best people.

FTFY Wink
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2017, 07:41:21 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2017, 07:43:07 PM by Jacobin American »

FTFY Wink

Would you draw on a Rembrandt painting with a crayon you savage??
cvparty
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2017, 08:39:24 PM »

Is there any Democrat in the country where a majority of Democratic voters want them to run? I doubt anyone could crack 50%.
fair point though
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 09:00:25 PM »

FTFY Wink

Would you draw on a Rembrandt painting with a crayon you savage??

No, but Id doodle on a digital version of it in MS paint Wink
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2017, 09:28:14 PM »

This poll has Sanders at a 44% favorability with 18-29 year olds and 27% not sure LOL. Did they try to push the undecideds at all?
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2017, 09:38:08 PM »

Sanders will run, Sanders will win, and Democrats will like it. Bookmark this post.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2017, 09:39:58 PM »

Sanders will run, Sanders will win, and Democrats will like it. Bookmark this post.

And then we won't like it in 4 years because he'll be an astonishingly mediocre President. Bookmark this post too
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2017, 09:52:55 PM »

And then we won't like it in 4 years because he'll be an astonishingly mediocre President. Bookmark this post too

Who cares. All he has to do is win the nomination and fundamentally remake the Democratic party like WJB did.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2017, 09:54:35 PM »

This poll has Sanders at a 44% favorability with 18-29 year olds and 27% not sure LOL. Did they try to push the undecideds at all?

27% undecided among 18-29 year olds isn't that unusual.  PPP, for example, regularly has polls in which the 18-29 undecided number is high on everything.  E.g., look at this poll:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2017/PPP_Release_National_82317.pdf

64% of 18-29 year olds are uncertain on whether or not they have a favorable opinion of Russia, to take one of the more extreme examples.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 10:13:50 PM »

I mean I don't want him to run again due to age reasons and the fact that I'd want someone who kind of fits in that ideological axis but is younger,  but I'd support him 100% if he did. I assume a lot of people think the same way.

The thing is, Sanders' ideological wing of the party will probably be as divided as the Clinton faction. Warren, Franken, Brown, Merkley, Murphy, and even Harris would all be able to rip some parts of the coalition that gave Sanders 43% of the primary last year. All of those people are younger than him, so I don't know what decision you'd make if he isn't the only candidate that occupies the space in the Democratic Party that suits you. I'm sure this is a dilemma a lot of people with similar views as you will face.

Bernie really needs to run so that the only progressive candidate isn't someone the media completely ignores while having to raise a ton of money to compete in California and all of the extra states that decide to go early.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2017, 12:06:10 AM »

Unskewing 2020 polls already?
Cashew
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 12:11:14 AM »
« Edited: September 20, 2017, 12:12:48 AM by Cashew »

I mean I don't want him to run again due to age reasons and the fact that I'd want someone who kind of fits in that ideological axis but is younger,  but I'd support him 100% if he did. I assume a lot of people think the same way.

The thing is, Sanders' ideological wing of the party will probably be as divided as the Clinton faction. Warren, Franken, Brown, Merkley, Murphy, and even Harris would all be able to rip some parts of the coalition that gave Sanders 43% of the primary last year. All of those people are younger than him, so I don't know what decision you'd make if he isn't the only candidate that occupies the space in the Democratic Party that suits you. I'm sure this is a dilemma a lot of people with similar views as you will face.

Bernie really needs to run so that the only progressive candidate isn't someone the media completely ignores while having to raise a ton of money to compete in California and all of the extra states that decide to go early.

I will obviously vote for him if he is the nominee, but I would prefer a younger candidate. It would be pretty anticlimactic if we went through all the effort to get him elected and win both houses of congress only for him to die in his first term and have an establishment VP kill any momentum and/or realignment that had been building up.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 10:28:46 AM »

And then when we’re all suffering from massive debt, crippling taxes, businesses leave the country, and people are dying from crappy healthcare, we’ll think to ourselves, “The Beeniebros were right: Sanders did win!”
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2017, 11:16:05 AM »

Is there any Democrat in the country where a majority of Democratic voters want them to run? I doubt anyone could crack 50%.

Barack Obama.

Biden

An underrated scenario is Biden winning 3/4 of the early states and then cleaning up pretty handily after that, becoming the presumptive nominee in March. Pretty clearly, he has the broadest potential primary coalition.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2017, 11:21:30 AM »

And yet I was ridiculed when I said that the next Democratic nominee won't be in the mold of Bernie Sanders (who got crushed in 2016, something many people like to forget)

1) This doesn't even kind of prove you "right."

2) There is a huge amount of middle ground between "in the mold of Bernie Sanders" and your perceived "average Democrat."  Where you get it comically wrong is thinking that the "Clinton Wing" of the Democratic Party is some type of fiscally moderate, elitist group of people.  They share the exact same ideology of economic egalitarianism, government intervention, taxing us into prosperity, believing that dragging down the economically successful to prop up the unlucky/poor actually works, etc. as the "Bernie Wing."  The difference is 110% in substance, style and (mostly) personal dislike.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2017, 11:35:32 AM »

Barack Obama.

Biden

An underrated scenario is Biden winning 3/4 of the early states and then cleaning up pretty handily after that, becoming the presumptive nominee in March. Pretty clearly, he has the broadest potential primary coalition.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2017, 11:38:26 AM »

Correction: A plurality of Democrats don't want Sanders to run again.

43+14 > 50.

Or is this the new "Bernie math" I'm hearing about?

FAKE NOOS
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2017, 11:41:45 AM »

But it's his turn!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2017, 02:06:55 PM »

Or is this the new "Bernie math" I'm hearing about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHS-K7OuLAc
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2017, 05:38:20 PM »

Every time a Democrat thinks about voting for Sanders in 2020 then looks at his history, they change their minds to no. So it's no wonder a majority of Democrats don't want him to run.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies