College students don't understand the 1st Amendment, at all (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:48:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  College students don't understand the 1st Amendment, at all (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College students don't understand the 1st Amendment, at all  (Read 4196 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 20, 2017, 08:35:55 AM »

I saw this survey as well. It's not really the fault of Democrats or Republicans in this group for why this group has such illiberal views. For one illiberal view 60% of Democrats have on 1A, 40% of Republican youth hold the same view. For one illiberal view 60% of Republicans have, the Democratic kids hold it at a rate of 40%.

There is one thing I agree with such "illiberal" views. I think its something worth trying but I am not passionate about it. That view is that maybe there should be some sort of experimentation with "fairness doctrines" on college campuses.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 08:46:25 AM »

The events would be the same on the other side. Just go look, not hard to find.
I don't understand this statement.

Yeah, not surprised but conservatives want CNN and MSNBC shut down because of their content. They want all liberal protesters shot, etc. They don't believe in free speech either.

"both sides", right?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 09:13:29 AM »

The events would be the same on the other side. Just go look, not hard to find.
I don't understand this statement.

I agree this poll is somewhat disturbing (though it has some misleading wording). I think the point he's getting at is literally just look at the polls of how conservatives think liberal colleges should be shut down or how protests by Black Lives Matter should not be allowed to occur (think what you will of BLM, but they are also protected by the 1st Amendment). #bothsides

For every anti-fa attack, it appears that there is a state legislature advocating state-sponsored terrorism against their political opponents. The result was the attack in Charlotteville.

"Get out the phuck out of the road!" is the new "Allahu Akbar!"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies