Hillary Clinton's "What Happened" sells more than 300,000 copies in first week. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:14:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary Clinton's "What Happened" sells more than 300,000 copies in first week. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton's "What Happened" sells more than 300,000 copies in first week.  (Read 2274 times)
mijan
Rookie
Bangladesh

« on: September 20, 2017, 01:47:47 PM »

Persisted in getting paid 14 million dollars?

What a fighter for all oppressed people.
mijan
Rookie
Bangladesh

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 10:09:07 PM »

Democrats who want someone to blame for last year exist in large numbers. What they don't realize is the only one to blame is the book's author.

Well, sure she shares the blame.

But she is far from the only one.

Russia, Comey, actual fake news surrounding her e-mails and Benghazi, Bernie Sanders and those of his supporters too stubborn to vote for her, and so many potential voters who didn't vote at all for whatever reason.  All those factors (and others) share the blame with Hillary.  She made mistakes, and there is no doubt about that.  But any mistakes she made during the campaign, and whatever butthurt feelings that kept Sanders' supporters from voting for her, are no excuse for not supporting her in the most vital election of our lifetimes--and now we are all suffering/going to suffer through one of the worst (the worst?) presidential administrations in American history.
It is 90% Hillary's fault that, she performed badly among independents.
mijan
Rookie
Bangladesh

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 10:11:53 PM »

Democrats who want someone to blame for last year exist in large numbers. What they don't realize is the only one to blame is the book's author.

Russia, Comey, actual fake news surrounding her e-mails and Benghazi, Bernie Sanders and those of his supporters too stubborn to vote for her, and so many potential voters who didn't vote at all for whatever reason.  All those factors (and others) share the blame with Hillary.  She made mistakes, and there is no doubt about that.  But any mistakes she made during the campaign, and whatever butthurt feelings that kept Sanders' supporters from voting for her, are no excuse for not supporting her in the most vital election of our lifetimes--and now we are all suffering/going to suffer through one of the worst (the worst?) presidential administrations in American history.

It's the job of a candidate to convince people to vote for them. It's not the responsibility of voters to vote for a candidate they don't like or disagree with.

Your post is what people mean when they say Hillary and her hacks are entitled.
Exactly. People owed Hillary nothing.
mijan
Rookie
Bangladesh

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 12:22:50 AM »

You Clinton critics are really something -first you criticize Hillary for being inauthentic throughout her campaigns, and then when she opens up with full candor (like in this book) you rip her for that too.  Roll Eyes

She really can do nothing right in your eyes -except keep her mouth shut (as well as make sandwiches and bake cookies) like most women who should 'know their place', and let men speak for them.  

Dude, give it a rest and find a new shtick.

Oh, so you can criticize her to your heart's content, but as soon as someone calls you on it, you want them to 'give it a rest'?   

When did I say that? You can criticize Clinton critics until you're blue in the face. But to allege that our criticisms of her amount to nothing more than sexism is beyond the point of absurdity. That's your shtick; that's what you should ditch.

Just as soon as you quit marginalizing the role sexism played in her defeat. 
This type of identity politics will not win any new votes in PA,OH,MI,WI,IA,MN,FL .
mijan
Rookie
Bangladesh

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 03:41:10 AM »

The visceral hatred of Hillary Clinton on the American Right absolutely has to do (in part) with sexism. The reason the Left despises her, however, has absolutely nothing to do with her gender and it's intellectually dishonest to claim otherwise. I mean, come on, she was literally on the board of WalMart for Christ's sake. Her genitalia is in no way related to Jacobin or myself's dislike of her.
Agree with you completely.
mijan
Rookie
Bangladesh

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 11:54:58 AM »

It's the job of a candidate to convince people to vote for them. It's not the responsibility of voters to vote for a candidate they don't like or disagree with.

Your post is what people mean when they say Hillary and her hacks are entitled.
Exactly. People owed Hillary nothing.
yep. attitudes like this is why nobody like hillary or her supporters. some of the most entitled people ever. its pathetic really.
Hillary took the mid western  voters for granted and they did not like it.
mijan
Rookie
Bangladesh

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 12:06:31 PM »

You Clinton critics are really something -first you criticize Hillary for being inauthentic throughout her campaigns, and then when she opens up with full candor (like in this book) you rip her for that too.  Roll Eyes

She really can do nothing right in your eyes -except keep her mouth shut (as well as make sandwiches and bake cookies) like most women who should 'know their place', and let men speak for them.  
Dude, give it a rest and find a new shtick.

Oh, so you can criticize her to your heart's content, but as soon as someone calls you on it, you want them to 'give it a rest'?    

When did I say that? You can criticize Clinton critics until you're blue in the face. But to allege that our criticisms of her amount to nothing more than sexism is beyond the point of absurdity. That's your shtick; that's what you should ditch.

Just as soon as you quit marginalizing the role sexism played in her defeat.  
[/quote I have no problem voting for a woman for president or anything and most Americans feel the same (she did win the pop vote after all) JUST NOT THAT WOMAN! and for legitimate reasons. 1. she has the charisma of a dead squirrel 2. her campaign was one of the most narcissistic and poorly run in american history and that's impressive with trump running 3. she's corrupt (so are lot of politicians, but that doesn't excuse her mistakes). 4. her campaign got cocky, ignored critical states such as wisconsin and michigan until the last second in favor of trying to win a landslide, campaigned against trump's demeanor which surprise, surprise, at the end of the day most people (including me) didn't give a sh**t instead of the real issues (at least trump did that). i could go on and on and i'm not saying there wasn't any sexism, but you clinton supporters need to accept that hillary was a terrible candidate on almost every level which was masked by trump's near complete incompetence.  rant over.

None of us were saying that Clinton was the greatest candidate. I've never thought so; I didn't even think she should run until she announced, and after the DCLeaks came out, I thought they should have handed the nomination to Bernie.

BUT

We have to talk about the sexism because that's what'll matter going forward. Hillary's lack of charisma won't matter, as she's not running again. But Middle America has to confront its sexism. It's always "I'll support a woman, just not Hillary," but as soon as a woman is actually proposed and tries to run, that woman gets attacked. Just look at Elizabeth Warren. Last year, any time a Bernie Bro was called out, they'd say, "Well, I would have supported Elizabeth Warren." But look at this year. Now that Warren actually has a chance of running, the new conventional wisdom is that she's uncharismatic and unelectable. Basically, about their claims of supporting a woman: I'll believe it when I see it. So far all we've seen is tidal waves of misogyny.
I will support Elizabeth Warren and I still dislike HRC.
HRC is not a victim, she is a rich privileged person. The middle america is the victim of NAFTA. china's inclusion in wto, wall street and I hold Clintons responsible for that.
mijan
Rookie
Bangladesh

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 12:35:52 PM »

I'm just gonna start saying if you didn't vote for Bernie Sanders it's because you have deeply held anti-Semetic beliefs. It's the exact same argument and just as insulting.
He is also a son of Polish immigrants, therefore, I will  say those who did not vote for him are nativist and anti immigrant.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies