Melania Trump obliviously lectures U.N. on bullying
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:33:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Melania Trump obliviously lectures U.N. on bullying
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Melania Trump obliviously lectures U.N. on bullying  (Read 2438 times)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2017, 06:52:37 PM »

Oh the uproar if people talked about Michelle Obama this way.

Nobody is calling Melania Trump racist names. Calling attention to the fact that this was probably not the best topic for her to speak on is not the same thing as calling her an animal.

People make fun of Melania because of her husband. Because of what she wears. Because of how she talks (muh don't speak English fluently people). Because she is standing up for an important issue.

You don't think Michelle endured 8 years of being called an "ugly tranny"? Just look on Facebook and youtube, they still do it. Here's the difference, Michelle actually did something productive as First Lady.

Melania's a subjectively attractive White woman, therefore she has already exceeded anything Michelle could've done in their eyes.

You 2 have been the only ones talking about looks??

I know you were speaking in code, my man. Don't think you're gonna be sly with me.

Uhh.. What? I've never said I word about either one of their looks??
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2017, 06:54:54 PM »

She married a creep, and it was likely NOT out of love.

Saying that Hillary has a "business relationship" with Bill is misogynist, but saying that Melania married Trump for his money is not?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2017, 06:56:43 PM »

Saying that Hillary has a "business relationship" with Bill is misogynist, but saying that Melania married Trump for his money is not?

If Melania wanted to be shielded from potentially misogynistic insults then maybe she should've married a Democrat.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2017, 06:59:18 PM »

I didn’t say she married him for money; you said that just now.

Even though that isn’t what I was referring to, if it were the case I would have no problem with it tbh. Hell, I’d marry for Trump’s kind of money.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2017, 07:00:37 PM »

The "safe spaces" and "SJWs" that Trump and his supporters talk about are the result of anti-bullying campaigns.

This is one of the most ignorant and disgusting things I've read in quite a while. Are you honestly going to argue in defense of bullying? Get yourself some help.
Being on the receiving end of violence makes you a "bully" in today's schools, even if you did nothing to provoke it and didn't fight back.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2017, 07:06:40 PM »

The "safe spaces" and "SJWs" that Trump and his supporters talk about are the result of anti-bullying campaigns.

This is one of the most ignorant and disgusting things I've read in quite a while. Are you honestly going to argue in defense of bullying? Get yourself some help.
Being on the receiving end of violence makes you a "bully" in today's schools, even if you did nothing to provoke it and didn't fight back.
Bullies often are on the receiving end of violence (often at home).  It's a cycle that has to be broken.

But if you feel you were treated unfairly because of an anti-bullying policy, then you should just say that... and maybe explain what happened... instead of going around saying things that make you look really bad.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2017, 07:08:11 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2017, 07:11:26 PM by Senator Scott, PPT »

The thing is that "anti-bullying" campaigns might have been started by people with good intentions, but the cruel irony to it is that these movements have stood for anything but anti-bullying.  Because bullying is the very tactic they resort to when ever they are met with even the lightest criticism.

Fat acceptance is a good example.  It is no longer enough to simply not be an asshole to people who are overweight.  Now it demands total submission to an ideology that's antithetical to personal health and dismissive to basic medical science.  That stuffing yourself with twenty Big Macs every week doesn't have consequences to your health, that there is no such thing as an unhealthy lifestyle as long as you're engaging in a particular, borderline hedonistic form of "self love."  And that by politely pointing this out, or for simply having a preference in romantic partners who are not overweight, you are engaging in "fat-shaming" and must be ostracized for not agreeing with the herd.

Thus obesity becomes accepted as a good thing and people who don't take care of their health are heralded as revolutionaries fighting oppressive patriarchal norms.  Slowly killing yourself is now a noble act of protest and an expression of self-confidence.  The fat acceptance movement has most assuredly caused more deaths than those "fat-shamers" ever have.

Bullying is no longer the central theme.  Now it's just egotism and feel-good politics.  That is the main problem with SJWs, and opposing them and political correctness does not imply you support bullying or discrimination.  Much of the time, it is the opposite.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2017, 07:43:06 PM »

Bullies often are on the receiving end of violence (often at home).  It's a cycle that has to be broken.

But if you feel you were treated unfairly because of an anti-bullying policy, then you should just say that... and maybe explain what happened... instead of going around saying things that make you look really bad.
Sorry about the miscommunication. What happened to me is that my mom forbade me from having friends in the name of protecting me from bullying.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2017, 07:47:02 PM »

Nobody is calling Melania Trump racist names. Calling attention to the fact that this was probably not the best topic for her to speak on is not the same thing as calling her an animal.

People make fun of Melania because of her husband. Because of what she wears. Because of how she talks (muh don't speak English fluently people). Because she is standing up for an important issue.

The only time people really made fun of her was with the plagiarized speech. As for what she wears, it doesn't really match up with the working class champion image that Republicans associate with Trump.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2017, 08:22:48 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2017, 08:27:30 PM by darklordoftech »

I also think that sensationalism about bullying deflect attention from other causes of teenage depression and suicide such as the school system, helicopter parents, age-restrictive laws, and an age of majority that's too high.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2017, 09:04:08 PM »

I didn’t say she married him for money; you said that just now.

Even though that isn’t what I was referring to, if it were the case I would have no problem with it tbh. Hell, I’d marry for Trump’s kind of money.

To use a quote from earlier..
I know you were speaking in code, my man. Don't think you're gonna be sly with me.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2017, 09:09:47 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2017, 09:12:01 PM by Maxwell »

people on the right were WAAAAY worse about Michelle Obama, you whiner. take your lumps please.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2017, 09:21:37 PM »

people on the right were WAAAAY worse about Michelle Obama, you whiner. take your lumps please.

I wasn't WAAAAY worse
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2017, 09:36:50 PM »

People make fun of Melania because .... of how she talks (muh don't speak English fluently people).

The right is constantly belittling immigrants from other nations, and many times because they "don't speak English fluently."
But yet, with Melania, you think it's the biggest sin on the planet.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2017, 09:50:49 PM »

People make fun of Melania because .... of how she talks (muh don't speak English fluently people).

The right is constantly belittling immigrants from other nations, and many times because they "don't speak English fluently."

Uhh no? The only problem the right has with certain immigrants is that some of them came here illegally.. Not because of how they talk.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2017, 11:17:30 PM »

Uhh no? The only problem the right has with certain immigrants is that some of them came here illegally.. Not because of how they talk.

Wrong. Many of your bigoted right buddies do have problems with how they talk.
Before the election, I personally saw a trumpist openly make fun of a Hispanic individual in a store, for this exact thing. And the bastard knew nothing about the other person's immigration or citizenship status.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2017, 12:03:45 AM »

Wrong. Many of your bigoted right buddies do have problems with how they talk.
Before the election, I personally saw a trumpist openly make fun of a Hispanic individual in a store, for this exact thing. And the bastard knew nothing about the other person's immigration or citizenship status.

Well obviously, that is a terrible, disgusting thing. But I'm not a fan of being told what my beliefs are by other people. And I'm also not a fan of making fun of people (Melania) who are trying to do the right thing.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2017, 07:19:56 AM »

If Melania wanted to be shielded from potentially misogynistic insults then maybe she should've married a Democrat.

She did.
Wakie77
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2017, 09:30:50 AM »

You know Robert Mugabe was about 10 seconds away from standing up and yelling out "show us your tits"!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2017, 10:19:01 AM »

The UN doesn't need lectures on bullying, they are already experts at it.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2017, 10:19:43 AM »

She should have picked a different cause to represent.
Every time I see headlines on her trying to battle bullying, I just laugh my head-off.
The entire trump family is one big joke. Idiots.

Why on EARTH did you put a "-" between "head" and "off"?!  That grammatical decision makes my head hurt.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2017, 10:23:54 AM »

Hillary loves Bill. If it's a "business relationship" why are they still together?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2017, 10:26:14 AM »

Hillary loves Bill. If it's a "business relationship" why are they still together?

What would she do? Get remarried at 70 years old? It's not even relevant why they're married anymore.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2017, 10:27:15 AM »

What would she do? Get remarried at 70 years old? It's not even relevant why they're married anymore.

Lol. She can literally do nothing in your eyes to disprove your accusation.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2017, 10:27:36 AM »

You know Robert Mugabe was about 10 seconds away from standing up and yelling out "show us your tits"!
All he has to do is go to the right web sites.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies