Melania Trump obliviously lectures U.N. on bullying
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:02:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Melania Trump obliviously lectures U.N. on bullying
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Melania Trump obliviously lectures U.N. on bullying  (Read 2444 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2017, 12:46:16 PM »

Next: Camille Cosby to speak about sexual assault.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/20/melania-trump-un-lunch-bullying-242920
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 12:50:29 PM »

She should have picked a different cause to represent.
Every time I see headlines on her trying to battle bullying, I just laugh my head-off.
The entire trump family is one big joke. Idiots.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 12:51:37 PM »

She is such a kind and caring woman.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 12:57:59 PM »

She didn't pick this cause by accident.  And she is basically raising Trump's son.  Let's hope the message rubs off on him.

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 01:52:00 PM »

Just because she’s married to her husband doesn’t mean she’s not allowed to speak about bullying. It’s still a cause she clearly believes in.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 01:54:53 PM »

No one has been bullied more - perhaps in the history of America - than Donald Trump, whether is be for the colour of his skin, his weight, his hair, etc. It's a fair cause to represent.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 01:56:10 PM »

I don't fault Melania for her husband's massive blunders or his bullying others literally every chance he gets.

And I think it's admirable for her to try and stand for a cause like this.

But given the complete idiocy of his husband, any progress she makes on this front will be overlooked and soon forgotten.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 03:02:52 AM »

The "safe spaces" and "SJWs" that Trump and his supporters talk about are the result of anti-bullying campaigns.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 07:40:30 AM »

I guess that old saying is true: opposites attract!

But really, her lecturing on cyberbullying is about as credible as Bristol Palin being the poster child for abstinence only.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 08:31:19 AM »

The "safe spaces" and "SJWs" that Trump and his supporters talk about are the result of anti-bullying campaigns.

This is one of the most ignorant and disgusting things I've read in quite a while. Are you honestly going to argue in defense of bullying? Get yourself some help.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 03:36:01 PM »

Sure, being married to a (cyber) bully makes you an expert on the subject. The first time that somebody named Trump has actually a clue at a policy meeting. Nice to see that we're making some progress.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 03:39:44 PM »

She really should start at home first, but I imagine she gets beaten or has some other kind of punishment doled out if she doesn't do what Drumpf wants on demand.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 03:44:22 PM »

She really should start at home first, but I imagine she gets beaten or has some other kind of punishment doled out if she doesn't do what Drumpf wants on demand.

I bet you follow Keith Olberman on Twitter and jerk off to his every post.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »

Probably Dan Rather too.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 04:29:14 PM »

Oh the uproar if people talked about Michelle Obama this way.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 04:46:50 PM »

LBJ was an environmentalist in the face of Agent Orange wrecking 'Nam, Pat Nixon was a model of integrity in the face of you-know-what, Hillary was all about the glass ceiling being shattered, all while throwing victims under the bus, Laura Bush advocated literacy in the face of someone who could literally be campaigned against for a lack of proper sentences.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 04:47:47 PM »

Nobody is calling Melania Trump racist names. Calling attention to the fact that this was probably not the best topic for her to speak on is not the same thing as calling her an animal.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 05:51:20 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2017, 06:24:54 PM by Alabama_Indy10 »

Nobody is calling Melania Trump racist names. Calling attention to the fact that this was probably not the best topic for her to speak on is not the same thing as calling her an animal.

People make fun of Melania because of her husband. Because of what she wears. Because of how she talks (muh don't speak English fluently people). Because she is standing up for an important issue.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 06:00:56 PM »

If ever there was a caricature of old, past their prime angry white men screaming at their creeping obsolescence it's you. Plus, I don't listen to him at all, I don't need talking heads to tell me things like you guys do. 
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 06:30:40 PM »

People make fun of Melania because of her husband. Because of what she wears. Because of how she talks (muh don't speak English fluently people). Because she is standing up for an important issue.

You don't think Michelle endured 8 years of being called an "ugly tranny"? Just look on Facebook and youtube, they still do it. Here's the difference, Michelle actually did something productive as First Lady.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 06:37:25 PM »

You don't think Michelle endured 8 years of being called an "ugly tranny"? Just look on Facebook and youtube, they still do it. Here's the difference, Michelle actually did something productive as First Lady.

1. Don't you always say that it's too early to judge Trump? Why not Melania??

2. What were Michelle's beautiful, wonderful accomplishments? Besides TERRIBLE school lunches
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 06:38:03 PM »

Melania's a subjectively attractive White woman, therefore she has already exceeded anything Michelle could've done in their eyes.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 06:42:44 PM »

Melania's a subjectively attractive White woman, therefore she has already exceeded anything Michelle could've done in their eyes.

You 2 have been the only ones talking about looks??
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 06:45:11 PM »

You 2 have been the only ones talking about looks??

I know you were speaking in code, my man. Don't think you're gonna be sly with me.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2017, 06:49:09 PM »

I haven't heard many people poking fun at Melania.

She married a creep, and it was likely NOT out of love.  But I don't fault her for that, nor do I fault her for standing up for such an important issue as bullying, even though her husband makes her stance mostly invalid.  And I've never heard anyone ever make fun of how she talks.  The only time I heard someone make fun of her clothing was when she visited Texas right after the hurricane--and let's be honest, it did look kind of awkward, didn't it?  But ultimately, who cares about that?  Her husband is the problem--not her.  Anyone who doesn't see that is a fool.

On the other hand, Michelle Obama was literally compared to a gorilla, and also called a man.

Even if someone made fun of Melania for all the things in your post, it's apples to oranges when compared to that one insult against Michelle.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies