An Assault On Democracy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:34:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  An Assault On Democracy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An Assault On Democracy?  (Read 714 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2017, 09:40:29 AM »

Friends -

I was under no illusions when I began this campaign. I knew that powerful forces in the shadows would be against me. I'm not naive - but even I was surprised and appalled by the foul campaign of dirty tricks and innuendo against my candidacy.

For a week now, as our movement gathered momentum, a cynical smear campaign emerged. Allies of the President planted stories in the press alleging that my running mate had offered Cabinet positions in exchange for votes. Doubtless these were repeated to ordinary voters, ignorant of their falsity.

This was a lie.

I give some credit to one of the accusers, former president dfwlibertylover, who had the integrity, at least to admit to me privately, that he had come to believe the allegations were false.

Clearly the Federalist primary has been tainted beyond repair. How many minds have been poisoned? How many voters manipulated?

For these disgusting dirty tricks I demand the immediate resignation of the cretinous and thuggish Secretary of the Interior, Young Texan, who attempted to use the power of his office to intimidate me out of the race with the most vile and thuggish guttersnipe abuse. Was he the source of this lie? Time will tell.

Did the President know of this campaign? Did she authorise it? I do not know. I am disappointed, at the very least, that her goons felt they could not risk a fair fight and resorted to dark whispers and propaganda. But the buck must stop with her. At the very least her ethically crippled Cabinet official must be removed. Her campaign team fired.

And the liar responsible for this smear expelled from the Federalist Party.

As fellow party members can confirm, in recent days I had moved towards a position of withdrawing from the race and endorsing the President should I fall short for our party's nomination. With this skullduggery afoot I am no longer confident whether this is the right thing to do. I am huddling with my top team to discuss potential outcomes even as we continue to fight for every vote for the nomination.

Make Atlasia Great Again.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 10:28:40 AM »

As I had told Potus privately (and can show you the chat logs if you would like), I have no knowledge about who all made claims that you were offering positions aside from the misunderstanding that dfwlibertylover had already apologized for.

I also have no knowledge of what you are talking about as far as "abuse" from my SoIA (something I would be more than happy to discuss with you) and wish you had taken that up with me privately rather than make false accusations about me publicly.

I am quite frankly incredibly disgusted that you would even make such claims about me when you know absolutely nothing about me and how hard I have worked to make this a fair and competitive campaign. I have shown you and your supporters nothing but respect, even when you all refused to grant me the same.

You're more than free to choose not to support me should I win the nomination, but don't you dare try to say it's because of reasons not even remotely factual.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 10:56:23 AM »

Madam President,

I urge both you and your opponent to redouble your respective efforts to de-escalate any potentially inflammatory rhetoric and work towards finding a solution to the present dispute. All parties should take every possible measure to ensure the integrity of the election process, a task made ever more crucial in light of the recent revelations from the CIA regarding Russian interference with the Federalists' electoral mechanisms. This latest development only compounds the haze of uncertainty which surrounded the primary as a result of the sudden and unexpected change its timetable which saw it moved almost a month ahead of schedule, disenfranchising many potential voters, myself included.

I do not wish to presume the election's outcome, much less a counterfactual result, but every attempt should be made to maintain party unity and avoid the dissemination of untruths. The evidence presented by Oakvale is serious, credible, and realistic, and deserves careful and honest consideration. Failure to resolve them may result in further ruptures and undermine the Federalist Party's ability to contest the upcoming elections. With respect to your challenger, I likewise hope that he may refrain from escalatory rhetoric and engage with what I hope shall be your efforts to resolve this dispute in good faith and in a spirit of open-mindedness.

Given the gravity of this situation, it is imperative that we work together to find a workable solution to the present dispute and ensure that the credibility of election process is unimpeachable. I trust all parties will undertake this effort with all due haste and in full sincerity.

Yours sincerely,
Simfan34
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 11:09:42 AM »

Oakvale you entered this primary having already poisoned the mind of every Federalist voter, "as of 2015" with your own actions, and decisions. Including but not limited to an aggressive attempt to destroy the Federalist Party to carry out a personal vendetta. Most of the people who have joined since have worked closely with the President in some capacity or another to improve the party. That is why Fhtagn polled over 80% in at least two surveys.

You came out of nowhere trying to tap into some massive outrage at the leadership, within the Federalist Party, that doesn't exist. You came in with exactly the wrong message as well, attacking the very same people you have been attacking for the last 4 years, and yet expected people to think you had changed and was focused on the future. Your campaign had mixed messages. And some of the things your people said were frankly weird to put it mildly. Reasonable people against such a situation can make the wrong interpretations or just different interpretations of what you say in a PM and that is probably what happened here. I think Dfw had every right to voice concern and go public in a fashion to put the brakes on such, "if such was a occurring", without pointing any fingers one way or the other so that it could be further investigated without impacting the primary.

In 2013, with a far better, more humble message, none of that negative history working against you and the behind the scenes backing of the then Party Chair Hagrid, you got just 40% in a similar primary (though I dare say Fhtagn is far more active in office then Matt ever was). It isn't fair to either dfw or YT to suffer one of your trademark "alt-reality" smear jobs that you are so famous for, as opposed to for the first time in four years saying, "Hey I made some mistakes lets work together". I hope we can still do that, I hope we can focus on the future instead of engaging in another four years of politics by vendetta.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 11:12:59 AM »

Madam President,

I urge both you and your opponent to redouble your respective efforts to de-escalate any potentially inflammatory rhetoric and work towards finding a solution to the present dispute. All parties should take every possible measure to ensure the integrity of the election process, a task made ever more crucial in light of the recent revelations from the CIA regarding Russian interference with the Federalists' electoral mechanisms. This latest development only compounds the haze of uncertainty which surrounded the primary as a result of the sudden and unexpected change its timetable which saw it moved almost a month ahead of schedule, disenfranchising many potential voters, myself included.

I do not wish to presume the election's outcome, much less a counterfactual result, but every attempt should be made to maintain party unity and avoid the dissemination of untruths. The evidence presented by Oakvale is serious, credible, and realistic, and deserves careful and honest consideration. Failure to resolve them may result in further ruptures and undermine the Federalist Party's ability to contest the upcoming elections. With respect to your challenger, I likewise hope that he may refrain from escalatory rhetoric and engage with what I hope shall be your efforts to resolve this dispute in good faith and in a spirit of open-mindedness.

Given the gravity of this situation, it is imperative that we work together to find a workable solution to the present dispute and ensure that the credibility of election process is unimpeachable. I trust all parties will undertake this effort with all due haste and in full sincerity.

Yours sincerely,
Simfan34

I addressed the Russian situation last night. We switched over to a paper ballot and sent the machines to be sold for scrap.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 12:25:44 PM »

There are no rifts or ruptures in the Federalist Party. Fhtagn/PiT are leading by 21 votes to 1. Let's keep things in perspective.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 12:55:55 PM »

It's not a real Atlasia campaign if the loser doesn't make a "Deeply Disturbing" scandal-out-of-nothing thread Tongue
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 02:15:24 PM »

I am very disappointed in you, Oakvale. You gave the notion that you would let me finish the investigation and furthermore, not a single person, especially not myself, actually accused you of doing this publicly.....so you are pointing fingers at yourself. The tabloid that you seem to think is a legit paper literally parodies everything, so that was your 2nd apparent mistake. This is both a disappointing thread and a disappointing outcome, but it was to be expected....I guess, thanks for proving Yankee right about your character.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 02:25:07 PM »

I am very disappointed in you, Oakvale. You gave the notion that you would let me finish the investigation and furthermore, not a single person, especially not myself, actually accused you of doing this publicly.....so you are pointing fingers at yourself. The tabloid that you seem to think is a legit paper literally parodies everything, so that was your 2nd apparent mistake. This is both a disappointing thread and a disappointing outcome, but it was to be expected....I guess, thanks for proving Yankee right about your character.

Cry me a river. Your "investigation" conveniently stretched through the beginning of the primary season as the smears continued unabated.

For all: I can confirm I've retained legal counsel and am considering pursuing libel actions.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 02:27:29 PM »

The funny thing here is that you have burned yourself alive Tongue Nobody in the federalist party ever publicly indicated that you or potus actually did this, I had a private conversation with you and potus, but I posted nothing about you or potus to the fed convention OR to the media.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 02:39:09 PM »

Ah yes, for the record this warning came mainly because of my own past experiences. Because I in fact , for the purposes of integrity and to show my intentions, was asked by Rpryor if he could have a spot on the NSC and the Supreme Court (should it become vacant), I said yes (and I feel bad about agreeing to such a thing to this day), even if I did not offer. Also I may have offered Hashemite a couple of things as a joke, which I did carry out, which I also felt bad about. I did no such things in June of course, unless you count discussing my platform with voters? Tongue

Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 02:40:05 PM »

Cry me a river. Your "investigation" conveniently stretched through the beginning of the primary season as the smears continued unabated.

For all: I can confirm I've retained legal counsel and am considering pursuing libel actions.
You can't sue for liable in this game and you can only sue for liable if it is communicated to a third party. As far as I know accusations specifically mentioning you or POTUS were made privately and were not made publicly.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 02:44:52 PM »

Oakvale you entered this primary having already poisoned the mind of every Federalist voter, "as of 2015" with your own actions, and decisions. Including but not limited to an aggressive attempt to destroy the Federalist Party to carry out a personal vendetta. Most of the people who have joined since have worked closely with the President in some capacity or another to improve the party. That is why Fhtagn polled over 80% in at least two surveys.

You came out of nowhere trying to tap into some massive outrage at the leadership, within the Federalist Party, that doesn't exist. You came in with exactly the wrong message as well, attacking the very same people you have been attacking for the last 4 years, and yet expected people to think you had changed and was focused on the future. Your campaign had mixed messages. And some of the things your people said were frankly weird to put it mildly. Reasonable people against such a situation can make the wrong interpretations or just different interpretations of what you say in a PM and that is probably what happened here. I think Dfw had every right to voice concern and go public in a fashion to put the brakes on such, "if such was a occurring", without pointing any fingers one way or the other so that it could be further investigated without impacting the primary.

In 2013, with a far better, more humble message, none of that negative history working against you and the behind the scenes backing of the then Party Chair Hagrid, you got just 40% in a similar primary (though I dare say Fhtagn is far more active in office then Matt ever was). It isn't fair to either dfw or YT to suffer one of your trademark "alt-reality" smear jobs that you are so famous for, as opposed to for the first time in four years saying, "Hey I made some mistakes lets work together". I hope we can still do that, I hope we can focus on the future instead of engaging in another four years of politics by vendetta.

I would also note that the radicalist message isn't the kind that will play with right-wing parties. Getting beyond the attacks on the people, the concept of abolishing the GM or the House is messaging that is not going to play with a party that is dedicated to the preservation of institutions and would rather see the work put in to make them work.

When speaking of conservatism, there is an error that people often commit and that candidate Oakvale also committed, which is to think of it in terms of typical policy positions, forming an ad hoc collection of disjointed planks. Conservatism is fundamentally about a philosophy of defending the institutions that comprise the government and tweaking them as needed to keep them relevant and functioning in such a way to ensure the continued freedom, peace, and stability that makes our nation great.

Contrasting President fhtagn's ticket with her challenger's, she and I are working to ensure that Congress and the GM work as intended and finding success in doing so. Our opponents, on the other hand, are willing to throw their hands up and declare that these cannot be made to work. Having different opinions is fine and indeed important to the electoral process. However, our opinions on this fundamental issue are more in line with conservative philosophy and as such it should come as no surprise that these ideas are the ones that are finding favor with the conservative party.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 11:02:28 PM »

So, hows the health plan?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2017, 11:07:31 PM »

Apparently its great!

This is both a disappointing thread and a disappointing outcome, but it was to be expected....I guess, thanks for proving Yankee right about your character.

Yeah. I don't care at all about anything else said except for that backhanded comment. Oh well. Bridges burned. I'm over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXIjE_gDw94
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 11:27:46 PM »

You can take your legal counsel and shove it sideways Oakfail.

You are  a liar and a traitor and you have screwed enough people in this game to last 10 lifetimes.

I pray to god that someday Potus and Simfan come to their senses and Rpryor comes back to his sense and when they do, I prey they don't disappear into the night like the corpses littering the hallway of your past victims.

Every so often, some irrelevant, washed up arrogant egotist who thinks this game and the world revolves around them comes back and demands that we should drop everything, push aside a hard working, energetic and engaged newbie just so that said person can have their ten minutes of lulz and wreck months worth of hard work, "Because they were so awesome fifty damn years ago."  Nobody should take such pontificating seriously and everyone should demand a recently held office to prove activity before running for the big one. And typically, the glorious history they speak of is pure bs. It is trolling. Keystone Phil did it and now you are doing it. And every time it happens, the left laughs right to the bank and said troll resumes voting for "their friends" mostly on the left, as they had been doing for some time.

The Federalist Party is not going to be your bitch, and we are not going to let you ruin Fhtagn's Presidency so that you can run back to AAD and score likes from the ex-Atlasia community, and laugh about how "useless", "worthless" and "stupid" all these "lame newbies are for rejecting you in your self righteousness awesomeness".
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 11:34:13 PM »

I would also note that the radicalist message isn't the kind that will play with right-wing parties. Getting beyond the attacks on the people, the concept of abolishing the GM or the House is messaging that is not going to play with a party that is dedicated to the preservation of institutions and would rather see the work put in to make them work.

When speaking of conservatism, there is an error that people often commit and that candidate Oakvale also committed, which is to think of it in terms of typical policy positions, forming an ad hoc collection of disjointed planks. Conservatism is fundamentally about a philosophy of defending the institutions that comprise the government and tweaking them as needed to keep them relevant and functioning in such a way to ensure the continued freedom, peace, and stability that makes our nation great.

Contrasting President fhtagn's ticket with her challenger's, she and I are working to ensure that Congress and the GM work as intended and finding success in doing so. Our opponents, on the other hand, are willing to throw their hands up and declare that these cannot be made to work. Having different opinions is fine and indeed important to the electoral process. However, our opinions on this fundamental issue are more in line with conservative philosophy and as such it should come as no surprise that these ideas are the ones that are finding favor with the conservative party.

The House has been the voice for Conservatives to break through. People like CMB and Rfayette would have a hell of hard time winning Regionwide with a three region map. The House is suppose to be the voice of the people, and in doing so provide a voice to Conservatives and others who would otherwise get shut out of the process. At the same time it gives those voices a seat at the table, it is very in tight with the popular vote majority and thus very democratic and right so, the people's House is the most democratic fixture of our Republic. Abolishing the House and abolishing the Voice of the People, is frankly ridiculous.

And thinking that he could sell this as a "conservative message" requires the willful suspension of disbelief, or maybe just praying that Conservatives didn't look at the last several elections.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 12:24:00 AM »

You know what I find most hilarious, is that Oakvale accuses us of lying about his campaign's shaddy PMing, and then his campaign sends out a shaddy PM.

Like damn!

The strategy from the beginning was to lie, distort and truck in non-Feds to skew the results because they knew Federalists were too smart too fall for their lies. And since we nailed them to wall each time they tried to rig this primary, they are now accusing YT, Dfw and Fhtagn of lies and myself of "trying to rig the primary".

This is a multi-years old #Atlasforum original. Say the lie, repeat the lie, get your friends to repeat the lie so all the "cool kids" believe the lie and then the truth is now "a lie" in their eyes and since "The cool" kids are so smart and powerful. Well "one of the kool kids" isn't the god damn Attorney General this time.

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 05:42:37 PM »

Well "one of the kool kids" isn't the god damn Attorney General this time.
Play "Dixie." It's ours now.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 06:11:08 PM »

That moment when you remember the Attorney General is running against his own President. Tongue
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2017, 06:17:36 PM »

Hey, I was here first. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies