Politico: Trump aides begin looking for the exits
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:19:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Politico: Trump aides begin looking for the exits
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politico: Trump aides begin looking for the exits  (Read 1093 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2017, 12:42:35 PM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/22/trump-aides-staffers-departures-white-house-242990

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 01:06:54 PM »

Ctrl+F "Miller"

Click away
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 01:14:34 PM »

Job recruiter, 2021: "What's this gap in your resume for the last four years?"

Trump staffer: "I was in prison."
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 09:28:06 PM »

This administration is reminding more and more of how The Room got made.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 11:25:47 PM »

Exit stage right ...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 09:49:28 AM »

Tillerson strikes me as being in this situation.  I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves early in 2018.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 02:02:42 PM »

Trump also treated John Kelly not very well during a recent rally, as MSNBC reported; refering to him as "Four Star" in a sarcastic way. Wouldn't be surprised if he quits sooner or later.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 03:43:46 PM »

Tillerson strikes me as being in this situation.  I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves early in 2018.

Trump also treated John Kelly not very well during a recent rally, as MSNBC reported; refering to him as "Four Star" in a sarcastic way. Wouldn't be surprised if he quits sooner or later.

I just don't get it.
What would drive someone to want to work with trump, the narcissist clown ?
I'm talking about people who have shown some level of intelligence, like Tillerson and Kelly.
Not idiots like Omarosa.

Can someone please explain it to me ?
It's like playing Russian roulette with 5 bullets in a 6-shooter (or maybe even a fully loaded gun).
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 08:18:52 PM »

Tillerson is an old man with a personal fortune of hundreds of millions of dollars. He can do whatever he wants with the rest of his life and face no serious consequences to his participation in this hot mess of a presidency.

But a 30 year old staffer in the Trump White House could very well have their life ruined by all of this. If they can't get a good job after leaving the administration, that could permanently impede their ability to follow the career trajectory they want. If they have to lawyer up, the legal fees could bankrupt them.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 09:58:02 AM »

Tillerson is an old man with a personal fortune of hundreds of millions of dollars. He can do whatever he wants with the rest of his life and face no serious consequences to his participation in this hot mess of a presidency.

But a 30 year old staffer in the Trump White House could very well have their life ruined by all of this. If they can't get a good job after leaving the administration, that could permanently impede their ability to follow the career trajectory they want. If they have to lawyer up, the legal fees could bankrupt them.

I agree about the younger staffers.  However, WRT Tillerson, I suspect he feels he really doesn't need this crap at his age.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 10:22:29 AM »

Are they leaving because they're so sick of WINNING?
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 10:29:06 AM »

I just don't get it.
What would drive someone to want to work with trump, the narcissist clown ?
I'm talking about people who have shown some level of intelligence, like Tillerson and Kelly.
Not idiots like Omarosa.

Can someone please explain it to me ?
It's like playing Russian roulette with 5 bullets in a 6-shooter (or maybe even a fully loaded gun).

John Kelley really didn't want to. I read an article in an actual paper magazine this weekend (I believe it was Time?) about John Kelley and tangentially about the other generals that work for Trump. Basically, the other two pushed and pushed for Kelley to come on board. He didn't want to work for Trump, but they pushed in a way such that it was his duty to help protect the country. As a Marine, duty comes first, and he finally agreed.

So, couching it in those terms, I feel like he will try to stick it out as long as possible, but even the strongest Marine can only stand so much belittling in a completely voluntary role.

It also is interesting to note that Trump is very much like a child throwing a tantrum. Even if it's someone he initially respects, the more control they try to exert, the more he acts out of spite. Kelley has done better keeping him in line than others, but I do think Trump will act out in contrarian ways just because he doesn't like being told what to do, even if what he's being told is in his best interests.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 12:29:24 PM »

Are they leaving because they're so sick of WINNING?

More like sick of WHINING.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 01:09:51 PM »

Is it wrong I don't sympathize with these chuckleheads? I mean, they chose to jump on this racist asshat dumpster fire of a campaign to join the White House staff for a career of Beltway Fame and Fortune. They should have seen better than anyone what Trainwreck this was inevitably going to become and still chose to stay on board.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 06:48:39 PM »

Is it wrong I don't sympathize with these chuckleheads? I mean, they chose to jump on this racist asshat dumpster fire of a campaign to join the White House staff for a career of Beltway Fame and Fortune. They should have seen better than anyone what Trainwreck this was inevitably going to become and still chose to stay on board.

No, you're having the correct reaction.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 07:46:31 PM »

People who worked in the Nixon White House had successful political careers after he was impeached. People who worked in the Trump White House are also going to have successful careers after his time in office is over. Working for a president, no matter how unsuccessful, will always look good on a resume. To say otherwise is ridiculous.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 12:03:59 AM »

People who worked in the Nixon White House had successful political careers after he was impeached. People who worked in the Trump White House are also going to have successful careers after his time in office is over. Working for a president, no matter how unsuccessful, will always look good on a resume. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

Never happened.

Also, many went to prison for some time too.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies