"Alt Right" rebranding themselves "Anti Communist Action," plan new tiki march
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:27:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Alt Right" rebranding themselves "Anti Communist Action," plan new tiki march
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: "Alt Right" rebranding themselves "Anti Communist Action," plan new tiki march  (Read 6042 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 23, 2017, 06:49:06 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 06:57:32 AM »

Remember the days when presidents didn’t inspire extremism?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 07:05:12 AM »

What is this, 1949?
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 07:09:38 AM »

I'd bet less people attend after a bunch of these dummies got caught on camera last time.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 08:23:21 AM »

^that won't cause any Neo-Nazi blowback at all

Rather than be logical and ignore their vitriol and letting them shrivel up, let's show them that we've been pissed off by the words of a bunch of unemployed fat white bikers and commit an assault charge on them! That's totally the right solution and makes us (the left) look great!

Can't wait to see how my colleagues respond to me saying that we shouldn't go around assaulting morons just because they hold stupid beliefs.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 08:39:07 AM »

stop the commies
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 09:31:39 AM »

So now both sides are fighting fascism and communism, ideologies that will never gain power in the US for years, if ever.

Again, what is the purpose of giving them all this attention, though? The attention is what helps them.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 09:45:07 AM »

Anti-Fascism vs. Anti-Communism has always been code for Communism vs. Fascism
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 09:47:08 AM »

Early 1930s somewhere in central Europe...

For good reason, the Klan has its rallies at night. People stretching their waking hours are easy to dazzle with bright ceremony, but less likely to judge the content of what they are told. Some failed artist said much to that effect: people already deprived of speech already have their critical judgment asleep.

OK, for more benign purposes, Olympic opening and closing ceremonies are at night. So are most championship sporting events, whether boxing matches or the World Series.  
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 10:20:35 AM »

LOL, the 50's and 60's want their branding back, guys.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 10:24:35 AM »

Lol sure, try that s--t again.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 10:47:34 AM »

Rather than be logical and ignore their vitriol and letting them shrivel up, let's show them that we've been pissed off by the words of a bunch of unemployed fat white bikers and commit an assault charge on them! That's totally the right solution and makes us (the left) look great!

Can't wait to see how my colleagues respond to me saying that we shouldn't go around assaulting morons just because they hold stupid beliefs.

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 10:51:20 AM »

I genuinely feel sorry for people like this. How messed up do you have to be to travel to participate in a torch rally in not-so-warm weather with strangers and random Internet provocateurs during Christmas season?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 11:36:08 AM »

"Be a Chad"?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 11:55:11 AM »

A call-back to the "Chad/Virgin" dichotomy where the "Chad" is a brash, indomitable alpha male who probably doesn't care about so-and-so's feelings or consent.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 12:05:14 PM »

Rather than acknowledge or challenge what I say, Jacobin uses his typical tactic: post a stupid picture/meme... and that's about it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 01:13:22 PM »

"Rock against Communism" sounds like a good idea for a music fest.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 01:14:03 PM »

I genuinely feel sorry for people like this. How messed up do you have to be to travel to participate in a torch rally in not-so-warm weather with strangers and random Internet provocateurs during Christmas season?

Somebody's gotta stand up to the politically correct libtard snowflakes who say "Happy Holidays!" instead of "Merry Christmas."
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 01:39:15 PM »

"Rock against Communism" sounds like a good idea for a music fest.

It's a shame conservative musicians are all trash.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 01:41:47 PM »

Rather than acknowledge or challenge what I say, Jacobin uses his typical tactic: post a stupid picture/meme... and that's about it.

If you made a post worth investing my time responding to, then I would. Instead, you make the baseless claim that "ignore them and they go away" about neo-Nazis/Fascists as if they exist solely on the basis of generating attention. They're manifestations of the engrained privileges within our society and the consequence of social and economic turmoil. They won't go away because they serve a political purpose for our nation's elite classes and their interests; ignoring them will only result in ignoring their growth and the consequences thereof (increasing violence against the vulnerable and underprivileged). Dialogue, rational discussion, and debate don't work and never have; ask continental Europeans and African Americans how ignoring or debating these folks work (hint: it doesn't). You can only force them into submission and tackle the socio-economic root causes of their existence. Your liberal kumbaya, "see no evil hear no evil" nonsense will only result in the situation getting worse. People like you are worse than useless, you're counterproductive and unintentionally aid in the growth of Fascism. So, kindly, piss off.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2017, 02:22:08 PM »

Two sides of the same coin.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2017, 02:26:21 PM »

Make sure to ignore their "ANTICOM" attempts at branding, and instead/if anything, refer to them as ACA to trigger them
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 02:43:27 PM »

A call-back to the "Chad/Virgin" dichotomy where the "Chad" is a brash, indomitable alpha male who probably doesn't care about so-and-so's feelings or consent.
Honestly I've only known the stereotype of the "Chad" being a loser pickup "artist" whose tricks don't work and who most women mock. "brash"? Sure. "indomitable?" Nah. "alpha male"? Yeah, no.

I just don't understand the idea of the "Chad" being anything desirable.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 02:51:27 PM »

Honestly I've only known the stereotype of the "Chad" being a loser pickup "artist" whose tricks don't work and who most women mock. "brash"? Sure. "indomitable?" Nah. "alpha male"? Yeah, no.

The versions I've seen generally compliment, perhaps sarcastically, the "Chad". Regardless, these folk, the so-called attempted-rebranded-alt-right, are likely not ones for nuance, and would take any backhanded compliment that implies they've ever had sex with a woman.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2017, 02:56:24 PM »

The versions I've seen generally compliment, perhaps sarcastically, the "Chad". Regardless, these folk, the so-called attempted-rebranded-alt-right, are likely not ones for nuance, and would take any backhanded compliment that implies they've ever had sex with a woman.
I generally associate the idea of a "Chad" with the attempt, rather than the success, so to speak. But I get your point.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies