Trump: NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:34:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump: NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Author Topic: Trump: NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem  (Read 18869 times)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2017, 03:06:36 PM »

If you do something as controversial as not stand for the national anthem and draw that kind of attention to yourself, you should at least prove that you're good enough for owners to overlook the distraction. Signing Kaepernick is not worth the controversy he brings because he's not good enough.

He led his team to a Super Bowl one year and an NFC championship another year. But yeah he's not good enough to start over Brian Hoyer.

Yeah and last year he led his team to a 2-14 record.

Blake Bortles doesn't even have a double digit wins total in over 3 seasons as a starter and yet who are the Jags starting this year?

They are starting Blake Bortles. Do you need a source for my statement?
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2017, 03:07:17 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2017, 03:13:21 PM by Helsinkian »

When it becomes impossible to tell the differance between real Antifa and parody Antifa:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://twitter.com/AntifaBoston/status/898958986824777728

BTW, since you're calling yourself Jacobin, you do understand that the Jacobins viewed themselves as extremely patriotic? Have you read the lyrics of the Marsellaise?
Kringla Heimsins
France

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2017, 03:24:39 PM »

The deference towards the Flag, the National Anthem and the Pledge of Allegiance in America is kinda scary. I get being patriotic, and I am, I also respect American national symbols and understand their significance in History.

But screeching hysterically because someone didn't stand up during the Anthem? This is beyond belief.

Furthermore, Kaepernick (as well as Tommie Smith and John Carlos back in 1968) doesn't even act disrespectfully towards the Anthem, or the Flag. His act of kneeling looks like mourning, to be honest. It's insane to see people worked up over that. It's probably one of the most crazy thing I've ever witnessed Conservatives in America do.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2017, 03:46:55 PM »

First I want to say, that this is an area a president should not insert himself into.
The Fuhrer is mixing 1st amendment issues, with employers needing to fire people and saying that the NFL is "massively losing ratings" because of the god-trump.

If you watch the video of his speech (http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/23/politics/nfl-goodell-trump-response/index.html), trump is feeding-off of the crowd, so he says stupid things to get attention (very immature and childish). He gets a hard-on from the applause and excitement of his Deplorable base. trump needs to feel accepted, and if he doesn't have it, he pretends he does and convinces himself that it's really there and everyone else is wrong.
If you haven't figured it out yet, this clown has severe mental problems, including a bad-case of narcissism.

I think comparing Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler is immature and childish.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2017, 03:55:48 PM »

First I want to say, that this is an area a president should not insert himself into.
The Fuhrer is mixing 1st amendment issues, with employers needing to fire people and saying that the NFL is "massively losing ratings" because of the god-trump.

If you watch the video of his speech (http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/23/politics/nfl-goodell-trump-response/index.html), trump is feeding-off of the crowd, so he says stupid things to get attention (very immature and childish). He gets a hard-on from the applause and excitement of his Deplorable base. trump needs to feel accepted, and if he doesn't have it, he pretends he does and convinces himself that it's really there and everyone else is wrong.
If you haven't figured it out yet, this clown has severe mental problems, including a bad-case of narcissism.

One bigot Fascist deserves another. (Sorry the truth hurts your feelings.)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2017, 04:01:04 PM »

Tell that to a survivor of Auschwitz. Also, reading that doesn't hurt my feelings, it hurts my IQ.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2017, 04:09:06 PM »

Tell that to a survivor of Auschwitz. Also, reading that doesn't hurt my feelings, it hurts my IQ.

There isn't much to your (low) IQ to be hurt, so at least you have that going for you.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2017, 04:10:51 PM »

There isn't much to your (low) IQ to be hurt, so at least you have that going for you.

1. You completely ignore the first part of my statement.

2. Here comes the petty name calling and intellectual superiority
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2017, 04:15:39 PM »

Can't wait to see entire teams kneel this weekend.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2017, 04:16:33 PM »

Trump should just stop talking.  He sounds like an ultra-sensitive college activist.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2017, 04:26:19 PM »

The ironic thing for Trump is that he's making things worse.

Its the classic defense dilemma situation.

He's actually convinced players that were not originally protesting that they should start protesting because he's proved the initial protesters theories correct (that hes a villain, the world is against them, etc). If Trump had come out and said he supported them or had said nothing, much of this would have faded away into nothing.

But once again, like with North Korea and everything else, Trump is not intelligent enough to realize that his actions and words are literally making the things he's 'fighting' against even stronger.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2017, 04:27:05 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2017, 04:29:33 PM by Thomas from NJ »

It's funny to see the same people who routinely cheer ordinary citizens getting fired from their jobs over social media posts they consider offensive up in arms over Trump merely suggesting that celebrities should be fired from their extremely high-paying jobs over something he considers offensive.

''Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from the consequences of that speech!'': Another leftist rule that only applies to their opponents.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2017, 04:27:33 PM »

Also Mike Francesa is spot on regarding the actual protests: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEs_EqFpqo&t=8s
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2017, 04:31:06 PM »

trump is a g d MEGA snowflake
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2017, 04:33:24 PM »

Trump is more upset about this topic then a skinheadcramming his car into peaceful protestors and killing someone. Let that sink in
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2017, 04:46:51 PM »

None of the Steelers kneel or sit that I'm aware of. So OK by me.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2017, 04:54:22 PM »

When it becomes impossible to tell the differance between real Antifa and parody Antifa:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://twitter.com/AntifaBoston/status/898958986824777728

BTW, since you're calling yourself Jacobin, you do understand that the Jacobins viewed themselves as extremely patriotic? Have you read the lyrics of the Marsellaise?

Rejecting patriotism is simply being against identity politics - I thought the right were all about that?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2017, 04:58:22 PM »

This is why Trump won and how we the American people are finally winning. I can't believe how long we put up with this nonsense. Literally, nobody cares about healthcare. No one really cares about taxes. But this is something that actually touches each and every person's life in an unambiguously negative way. Trump has finally issued a statement on the one indicator signaling America's imminent decline. I've never been so proud to have someone as my voice and the voice of countless others.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2017, 05:02:42 PM »

Donald Trump is a fascist piece of s**t for saying that they should be fired. I suddenly have the urge to go burn the American flag.

They're all anti-American.

See...the reason I hate liberals is that the only thing they like about America is the right America gives them to say how much they don't like America.

Aaaaaand Naso plays the douche card right on schedule.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2017, 05:04:35 PM »

I cannot see how anyone can possibly deny the fact Donald Trump is a fascist...
I'd love to see you say this in front of a bonafide Auschwitz survivor.

In a f!&king heartbeat. 

And if they were old enough to actually remember kristallnacht and the months leading up to it, they would probably agree
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2017, 05:07:40 PM »

Donald Trump is a fascist piece of s**t for saying that they should be fired. I suddenly have the urge to go burn the American flag.

They're all anti-American.

See...the reason I hate liberals is that the only thing they like about America is the right America gives them to say how much they don't like America.

Aaaaaand Naso plays the douche card right on schedule.

It's douchey to be correct?  K.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2017, 05:10:15 PM »

Trump is more upset about this topic then a skinheadcramming his car into peaceful protestors and killing someone. Let that sink in

Sums it up
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2017, 05:13:22 PM »

Sums it up

The sad reality is people care more about the NFL than Charlottesville and Trump has nothing to do with that.   America 191.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2017, 05:32:17 PM »

Somehow I feel like the free speech brigade will have a lot less to say about this
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2017, 05:39:39 PM »

Somehow I feel like the free speech brigade will have a lot less to say about this
I haven't seen the right attack Caepernick's right to do what he did, but rather defend the NFL's right to effectively blacklist him. Free speech has consequences that can't be regulated. No one forced Collin Caepernick to make himself toxic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies