Trump: NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:36:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump: NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Trump: NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem  (Read 18912 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2017, 02:08:54 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

When you lose Rex Ryan, you lose America.

If interested, here is video on Rex Ryan's (Former Buffalo Bills coach) comments.
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/09/24/rex-ryan-trump-nfl-pissed-orig-vstan-dlewis.cnn

I still say f**k Rex Ryan. At of all the sh**t that assh**e trump has done and said, this is what finally triggers Rex Ryan" ?
Why is it supporters of the New Fuhrer are OK with him, until something the bastard does finally affects their own little world ? Are they that narrow minded ? Cant they see the big picture ?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2017, 02:12:18 PM »

If interested, here is video on Rex Ryan's (Former Buffalo Bills coach) comments.
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/09/24/rex-ryan-trump-nfl-pissed-orig-vstan-dlewis.cnn

I still say f**k Rex Ryan. At of all the sh**t that assh**e trump has done and said, this is what finally triggers Rex Ryan" ?
Why is it supporters of the New Fuhrer are OK with him, until something the bastard does finally affects their own little world ? Are they that narrow minded ? Cant they see the big picture ?

You may be Proud, but you're certainly not Moderate, and I hope there's not 2 of you.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2017, 02:13:16 PM »

The Chicago Bears, a classy organization, stood shoulder to shoulder today for the anthem.  The Pittsburgh Steelers should be forced to forfeit the game for their actions.  Fortunately, karma is in Soldier Field today, and its not in the Steeler's favor.

Back in the olden days when I watched the NFL, the Steelers were my favourite team and the Bears my least. And you are completely correct. What a disgrace.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #153 on: September 24, 2017, 02:20:19 PM »

It makes me very angry when people express opinions I don't like Angry
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2017, 02:22:12 PM »

It's neat how this is a reverse of the usual "But that's why Trump won" argument.

"If you wern't being such thin-skinned snowflakes, we would never have kneeled during the anthem!"

Also:

Arab Muslims were responsible for 9/11.  And many Arab Muslims in America, at a minimum, have a degree of sympathy for Islamic Jihadists.

WTF? What you said was basically what many Americans believed about Japanese-Americans before the government forced them into internment camps.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2017, 02:25:20 PM »

No one forced Collin Caepernick to make himself toxic.

I'm still not seeing how what Kaepernick did was so toxic, but the NFL and it's fans have absolutely no problem with this:

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

Still sounds like there are significantly more important things to be worried about when it comes to who should be allowed to keep their jobs.
I personally don't have a problem with what Kaepernick did, but I do know that every single NFL fan I know bar one is extremely angry with him. I'm curious to know how many of them are going to quit watching football period after today.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2017, 02:31:06 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2017, 03:41:27 PM by TexasGurl »

You may be Proud, but you're certainly not Moderate, and I hope there's not 2 of you.

Your win-lose is as bad as the Bears (0-2), and you certainly are not Fuzzy in any, way, shape of form. You have such a hard-on for discussing "racial" viewpoints (9/11 & Muslims, the MS-13 gang, etc), that you don't even see that your true colors show ....
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #157 on: September 24, 2017, 02:42:13 PM »

I'm still not seeing how what Kaepernick did was so toxic, but the NFL and it's fans have absolutely no problem with this:

Still sounds like there are significantly more important things to be worried about when it comes to who should be allowed to keep their jobs.
I personally don't have a problem with what Kaepernick did, but I do know that every single NFL fan I know bar one is extremely angry with him. I'm curious to know how many of them are going to quit watching football period after today.

I doubt this will harm the NFL at all.  It will blow over shortly, just like other times where Trump has  stirred up controversy.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #158 on: September 24, 2017, 02:43:42 PM »

This will affect true fans of watching the NFL, at about close to zero.
Were some fans disappointed with Kapi .... yes. Did it stop them from watching NFL games ... no.
The only idiot that believes that this "massively" affected NFL ratings, is the same assh**e who believed that "thousands and thousands" of Muslims in America were celebrating in the streets after 9/11.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: September 24, 2017, 02:54:32 PM »

I doubt this will harm the NFL at all.  It will blow over shortly, just like other times where Trump has  stirred up controversy.

>Jeff Flake still waiting for this feud to just blow over like other times. Trump fans not in control of his future at all.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2017, 02:59:00 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2017, 03:41:51 PM by TexasGurl »

Your win-lose is as bad as the Bears (0-2), and you certainly are not Fuzzy in any, way, shape of form. You have such a hard-on for discussing "racial" viewpoints (9/11 & Muslims, the MS-13 gang, etc), that you don't even see that your true colors show ....

Perhaps you will want to join me on Tuesday night.  On Tuesday night, I will be at my church, opening up for and joining a Mexican Spanish-speaking congregation that uses our facility while they prepare to open their second church.  (They are, indeed, "Mexican"; they are of a similar denomination with a calling specific to the people of Mexico.)  They are wonderful people, family people, with whom I socialize and witness together.  

On other nights, at my church, many of my closest friends at my church are immigrants from Jamaica and some other Caribbean nations.  (Where I live has a significant number of such folks.)  These folks are amongst some of the most serious Christians I know, and we share not just a common faith, but a common desire to evangelize the lost of all nations, tribes and tongues.  We belong to a diverse Church body because we share a common conviction that a fragmented body of Christ, with "white churches" and "black churches" will never be effective in winning a lost and dying world to Jesus.  

I normally don't resort to defending myself in this manner, but I'm not usually called a "white nationalist Nazi" either.  I don't choose my friends, my associates, or my politicians of choice based on their race or ethnic origin.  I do look to Christians as my closest friends and associates because my commitment to sharing His Gospel is the indispensable element of my life.  These folks would be pretty amazed of your response to me, and I say this based on the idea that they have read every post I've ever placed on Atlas.  

Perhaps you're not a Christian.  If so, I understand why what I just stated would not register with you.  And I suppose I was Peck's Bad Boy with my comment, which I should have known you would react to.  It's really not meant to be nasty, but I've always found you as one of the least "moderate" folks here.  Real "moderates" wouldn't respond to me as you do.  I'm a "moderate".  Being "moderate" involves a persona as well as holding certain positions.  Most "moderate" folks tend to be able to see other folks' viewpoints, even while disagreeing with them.  Perhaps you are the one to provide the one counterexample that will disprove that conception of mine.  
bilaps
« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2017, 03:22:52 PM »

For all the talk about how Trump is an idiot he constantly finds an issue that changes the talk in the media and for the most part he's on a same page with ordinary Americans. This is a winning issue for him.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2017, 03:25:02 PM »

Steelers lose.  America wins. 
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2017, 03:26:08 PM »

Should've spent more time practicing plays than practicing kneeling. DA BEARS!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #164 on: September 24, 2017, 03:37:58 PM »

If they did this before a match in Ireland, they would be the shame of a nation.  Only in America is it "cool" to hate your country.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2017, 03:39:33 PM »

Your win-lose is as bad as the Bears (0-2), and you certainly are not Fuzzy in any, way, shape of form. You have such a hard-on for discussing "racial" viewpoints (9/11 & Muslims, the MS-13 gang, etc), that you don't even see that your true colors show .... you white nationalist Nazi.

Perhaps you will want to join me on Tuesday night.  On Tuesday night, I will be at my church, opening up for and joining a Mexican Spanish-speaking congregation that uses our facility while they prepare to open their second church.  (They are, indeed, "Mexican"; they are of a similar denomination with a calling specific to the people of Mexico.)  They are wonderful people, family people, with whom I socialize and witness together. 

On other nights, at my church, many of my closest friends at my church are immigrants from Jamaica and some other Caribbean nations.  (Where I live has a significant number of such folks.)  These folks are amongst some of the most serious Christians I know, and we share not just a common faith, but a common desire to evangelize the lost of all nations, tribes and tongues.  We belong to a diverse Church body because we share a common conviction that a fragmented body of Christ, with "white churches" and "black churches" will never be effective in winning a lost and dying world to Jesus. 

I normally don't resort to defending myself in this manner, but I'm not usually called a "white nationalist Nazi" either.  I don't choose my friends, my associates, or my politicians of choice based on their race or ethnic origin.  I do look to Christians as my closest friends and associates because my commitment to sharing His Gospel is the indispensable element of my life.  These folks would be pretty amazed of your response to me, and I say this based on the idea that they have read every post I've ever placed on Atlas. 

Perhaps you're not a Christian.  If so, I understand why what I just stated would not register with you.  And I suppose I was Peck's Bad Boy with my comment, which I should have known you would react to.  It's really not meant to be nasty, but I've always found you as one of the least "moderate" folks here.  Real "moderates" wouldn't respond to me as you do.  I'm a "moderate".  Being "moderate" involves a persona as well as holding certain positions.  Most "moderate" folks tend to be able to see other folks' viewpoints, even while disagreeing with them.  Perhaps you are the one to provide the one counterexample that will disprove that conception of mine. 

Oh ... I forgot to say that you are also a disgrace to your church and to Christianity.

And to white people.  Quit making my race look bad, Fuzz.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #166 on: September 24, 2017, 03:42:26 PM »

If they did this before a match in Ireland, they would be the shame of a nation.  Only in America is it "cool" to hate your country.

Kneeling respectfully in hopes that something you dislike about your country will change does not equate with hating your country. In fact, quite the opposite. If I hated America, I would move. I love it, and believe in general we are very blessed to live here, but there are things that need to change to make it better for others. Some of the harshest critiques of any particular thing come from the people who love that thing the most.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #167 on: September 24, 2017, 03:47:56 PM »

The key phrase here being that you know. In between getting blood stains off the Doc Martens and getting their new red laces replaced, I'm sure they are very devout NFL fans indeed.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #168 on: September 24, 2017, 03:48:04 PM »

The Chicago Bears, a classy organization, stood shoulder to shoulder today for the anthem.  The Pittsburgh Steelers should be forced to forfeit the game for their actions.  Fortunately, karma is in Soldier Field today, and its not in the Steeler's favor.

You do know they're standing shoulder to shoulder in solidarity with players and against Trump, right? Lol
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #169 on: September 24, 2017, 03:49:53 PM »

I never stand for the anthem for a variety of reasons one mainly being the countries views on Arabs and Muslims. And guess what, it's perfectly my right as an American to do that. It's not unamerican as the TRIGGERED right claims it is.

I do not see a problem with NFL players kneeling either. It's another false outrage the President and the right have.

Arab Muslims were responsible for 9/11.  And many Arab Muslims in America, at a minimum, have a degree of sympathy for Islamic Jihadists.  Given the hostility these nations have toward Israel, why should it be shocking that American citizens have the attitudes some of them have toward Arab Muslims?  Should it be considered unreasonable that American citizens may have doubts as to whether or not Arab Muslims have the same loyalty to America, right or wrong, that they have?

I'll agree that there's false outrage.  But why shouldn't I question the loyalty to America someone who refuses to stand for the Anthem out of loyalty to their country of origin and a grudge against American citizens who support, say, Trump's immigration ban?  Is America YOUR country?  Or is it just where you live?  

That's a real important question because we are NOT a nation bound by "blood and soil" as most nations of the world are.  If we are a nation where significant blocs of its CITIZENS have divided loyalties, let alone a primary loyalty to another nation, ethnic group, religious sect, etc, than what becomes of our experiment in self-government?  How can America function as a nation when one group or another are preoccupied with its ethnic and racial grievances (however justified) to the point where their loyalty to America is conditional?  What one has a right to do or not do is an entirely different question than the question of what attitudes on the part of American citizens are necessary in order for our continuing experiment in self-government and individual liberty to be successful.  When I was young, I thought this unimportant; even authoritarian, but as history has unfolded, I recognize that for America to work, its citizens have to be committed to its success, even over the perceived interest of their own groups of which they consider themselves members of.  

Fuzzy bear, with all deference to your later post about your churches working with other Christian congregations various ethnicities and races, and the really good posts you made earlier today, is diatribe about Islam it's just plain ignorance and soft bigotry personified. As in you'll never throw a rock through mosque I'm sure, but you'll happily nod your head when you read news reports of them being rounded up for camps. Which is only a scintilla better
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2017, 03:49:56 PM »

You do know they're standing shoulder to shoulder in solidarity with players and against Trump, right? Lol

Duh.. and that's a classy, respectful protest  or whatever you want to call it.  
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2017, 03:51:28 PM »

What's the big deal? I'm glad the steelers stayed in. I'm tired of these nationalists acting like they own everything.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2017, 03:51:57 PM »

It's neat how this is a reverse of the usual "But that's why Trump won" argument.

"If you wern't being such thin-skinned snowflakes, we would never have kneeled during the anthem!"

Also:

Arab Muslims were responsible for 9/11.  And many Arab Muslims in America, at a minimum, have a degree of sympathy for Islamic Jihadists.

WTF? What you said was basically what many Americans believed about Japanese-Americans before the government forced them into internment camps.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/opinion-polls.aspx

26% of younger American Muslims believe suicide bombings are justified.  (Pew Research)

19% of American Muslims believe violence is justified in attempts to establish Sharia Law.  (Pew  Research)

20% of American Muslims believe violence is justified to advance the cause of Islam.  (Pew Research)

33% of American Muslims believe Sharia Law should be superior to the Constitution.  (CSP Poll)

49% of Muslim-Americans say they are "Muslim first", 26% American first.  (Pew Research)

21% of Muslim-Americans say there is a fair to great amount of support for Islamic extremism in their community.  (Pew Research)

This is from polls conducted by public research firms, not information from conversations with Trump Rally attendees.  

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2017, 04:00:00 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2017, 04:02:00 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

If they did this before a match in Ireland, they would be the shame of a nation.  Only in America is it "cool" to hate your country.

Kneeling respectfully provocatively in hopes that something you dislike about your country will change does not equate with is a passive-aggressive act of hating your country. In fact, quite the opposite. If I hated America, I would move do my utmost to infuriate its loyal citizens. I love it, and believe in general we are very blessed to live here being suckled on the breast of Mother America, but there are things that need to change to make it better for others those who refuse to adopt a law-abiding lifestyle. Some of the harshest critiques of any particular thing come from the people who love that thing the most wish to use guilt to milk America for all its worth.

If I were to guess what was on Colin Kaepernick's mind, this would be it.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2017, 04:02:30 PM »

Kneeling respectfully in hopes that something you dislike about your country will change does not equate with hating your country. In fact, quite the opposite. If I hated America, I would move. I love it, and believe in general we are very blessed to live here, but there are things that need to change to make it better for others. Some of the harshest critiques of any particular thing come from the people who love that thing the most.

This.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies