Poll about the North Korea Bomb
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:44:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poll about the North Korea Bomb
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think there will be a bomb that will wipe out the human population of the world?
Yes

No

I really don't have a clue

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Poll about the North Korea Bomb  (Read 513 times)
Plankton5165

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 23, 2017, 07:38:58 PM »

I think they might be planning to do it for the first time ever.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 07:44:05 PM »

I also don't think this is a joke.  There's two madmen with the world's fate in their hands.  Usually the United States always had the sane person, but even my own Fox News watching father, who voted for Trump out of pure hatred of Hillary, thinks that Trump has serious mental illness.

If there was a space shuttle on its way to embark to a safer planet, I'd be thinking of hopping on.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 07:45:38 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/north-korea-trump-rocket-man_us_59c6acfae4b01cc57ff2912f?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

This wacko's not kidding.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 08:15:11 PM »

It's strange that nobody seems to be talking about this.  Are we really that assured that this nutball in North Korea is just bluffing? 

Our military needs to take over and just do what they've got to do.  Why is the President a commander-in-chief?  Why trust the nation's security to a person that has never actually been in a war?

Donald Trump knows nothing about war.  He made that clear when he trashed John McCain as "not a hero because he was captured".
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 09:20:39 PM »

It's strange that nobody seems to be talking about this.  Are we really that assured that this nutball in North Korea is just bluffing? 

Our military needs to take over and just do what they've got to do.  Why is the President a commander-in-chief?  Why trust the nation's security to a person that has never actually been in a war?

Donald Trump knows nothing about war.  He made that clear when he trashed John McCain as "not a hero because he was captured".

They pretty much have taken over. That’s the new ISIS strategy: give the generals practically all the power.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 09:25:37 PM »

A bomb? No. Nobody is building any Doctor Strangelove doomsday weapon. Not even the North Koreans. The various nuclears states detonated over a thousand nuclear weapons in a fifty-year span. That wasn't great, but it didn't end the human race. Any nuclear war over North Korea would be an awful humanitarian crisis, but it would barely be a blip compared to the nukes we've already set off.

Anyone predicting the end of the world due to North Korean nuclear war is an idiot or pushing an agenda out of ill intent. Maybe both.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 09:34:41 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2017, 09:43:54 PM by Frodo »

The only 'bomb' that could potentially wipe out humanity in one go would be an asteroid the size of that which sealed the fate of the dinosaurs, and even then they were already in decline due to volcanic activity at the site of what is now the Deccan Traps in India.  
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 12:49:30 AM »

Even the most powerful nuclear weapon ever tested, the Tsar Bomba, was only a quarter as powerful as the Krakatoa volcano eruption, and about twice as strong as the strongest bombs ever actually deployed. North Korea couldn't test a weapon that powerful without the test itself inflicting major damage to North Korea.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 08:02:21 AM »

I can't answer this poll because it doesn't have my answer.

Not yet.

I know that Kim is dead serious on this, but he's not to the point of wanting to wipe out the world. A bomb or two or three to debilitate the United States, absolutely. As well as one for South Korea. But the whole world? No.

That said, the best way to deal with Kim is to ignore him. He's absolutely serious, but only because Trump is actually responding to his threats, so Kim has to keep upping the ante to look strong to his people. If we would all just ignore him, he'd make his little threats, no one would respond, he'd look awesome to his people, and things would continue on as they have. Instead, we have Trump whose ego is so fragile that he has to respond ridiculously to any possible attack on it.

So, thanks to our population electing someone with the emotional maturity of a teenager in the full grip of adolescent hormones, we're in danger. If Trump was not involved, we would not be.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies