Which of the Following are Loony Right-Wing Positions?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:50:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Which of the Following are Loony Right-Wing Positions?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Which of the Following are Loony Right-Wing Positions?  (Read 2474 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2005, 03:01:27 PM »

This entire topic is stupid because it's attempting to discredit a bunch of positions due to who the most likely type of person is to hold such a position.  It's one giant logical fallacy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

One or two of those positions I agree with, and I'm certainly not a loony-right-winger.  Other positions are ones that not even the looniest of the loony right-wingers agree with.
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2005, 03:05:10 PM »

Besides, I'm really not an angry person at all if you met me in real life. I just don't agree with our Republican government. But I am doing just fine. You're 16 and you'll understand more as you get older.

You're playing the "age and experience card"?  J.J., Dazzleman, angus, Tredrick, David S, MODU and I are all older than you.  Not everyone becomes a liberal when they grow up.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2005, 03:11:05 PM »

One or two of those positions I agree with, and I'm certainly not a loony-right-winger. 

Exactly. I never said they were all loony right-wing positions. And I agree with 4 or 5 positions on the other thread, and I'm no loony lefty (although many want to paint me that way). And while I don't post on DU, it certainly doesn't make anyone loony to do so.

Other positions are ones that not even the looniest of the loony right-wingers agree with.

Again, you're correct. Some of them are way out there (intentionally).
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2005, 03:20:49 PM »

Well I'm okay with the other one because it was made by a "looney leftist" and was making fun of the stereotypes that are often used to portray people on the left.

What's really going on here is that you believe it's OK to mock "loony leftists" but as soon as someone points out loony right-wing positions, you can't handle it and get defensive.

Those in glass houses.....

Besides, I'm really not an angry person at all if you met me in real life. I just don't agree with our Republican government. But I am doing just fine. You're 16 and you'll understand more as you get older.

Oh don't give me that tripe about I'm older than you so I'm right sh**t. I may be 16 but I've got more sense than you'll probably ever have. Age doesn't mean anything. It often clouds your vision of the world more than it adds to your collective experience.

If the mocking is done in a manner where everyone agrees that's its jovial and done for a good laugh I don't mind it. Where it is used to slander people I do not except it.

Besides in the first place I was responding to the statements by Gustaf and Ebowed and considering the amount of gruff this thread had from several people I suggested it for deletion or possibly being locked. It seemed that several people were embarrased by this thread and seemed to very much offend several of them.

TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2005, 03:28:07 PM »

Oh don't give me that tripe about I'm older than you so I'm right sh**t. I may be 16 but I've got more sense than you'll probably ever have.

I thought the same thing when I was 16. You think you know it all when you're 16.

It seemed that several people were embarrased by this thread and seemed to very much offend several of them.

I've  been offended by many of the right-wing topics on this board in the past, and I don't cry about it.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2005, 03:29:27 PM »

Oh don't give me that tripe about I'm older than you so I'm right sh**t. I may be 16 but I've got more sense than you'll probably ever have.

I thought the same thing when I was 16. You think you know it all when you're 16.

It seemed that several people were embarrased by this thread and seemed to very much offend several of them.

I've  been offended by many of the right-wing topics on this board in the past, and I don't cry about it.

Well I've been offended by many of your hate filled vitriolic posts but I have never complained about them. I said what I said because of the amount of people who seemed embarrased or ashamed at this thread.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2005, 05:28:36 PM »

I'm 20, and I personally think that Colin has a much better head on his shoulders than you do, at least in terms of what has been presented on this forum.  Don't play the age card; it just makes you look like you're desperate and have no other recourse - unless, of course, perhaps that's true, in this case.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 06:03:29 PM »

Everyday I post here I am reminded of the extreme double standards on this board.

Republicans can attack and insult and no one says a word. In fact, it is encouraged.

Any post criticizing a Republican is immediately dismissed as unfair or juvenile or embarrassing.

This thread is no different than the loony left thread (which no one criticized at all). Typical.

Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2005, 06:19:38 PM »

Some of this is radical right, sure, but at the risk of partisan attacks, I would suggest that the flaw in some of this is that it's a post about right wing nuttyness as seen by by someone on the left. The other thread is a post about left wing nuttyness generated by someone on the left who's kind of looking at those who identify with a similar ideology. So there is a good dose of tautology and lots and lots of straw man stuff in here.

There's a bias, but that's okay. We're all biased to some degree. I don't agree, though, that there is a bias against liberals on this board. That's one reason why I like this board - conservatives are really in the minority here and everybody goes completely off the deep end for days on end over Pat Robertson and Ann Coulter. But by the way, freedom of speech covers burning an American flag. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2005, 06:30:55 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2005, 06:35:08 PM by Senator Gabu, PPT »

Everyday I post here I am reminded of the extreme double standards on this board.

Republicans can attack and insult and no one says a word. In fact, it is encouraged.

Any post criticizing a Republican is immediately dismissed as unfair or juvenile or embarrassing.

You evidently have never seen my arguments with AuH2O or Richius, to name only a few instances.  I call out every logical fallacy that I see, regardless of who it comes from.  And in this thread, it happens to be coming from a leftist.

This thread is no different than the loony left thread (which no one criticized at all). Typical.

The loony left thread was started by someone who many have characterized in the past as a loony leftist.  That's the main difference, which has already been stated.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2005, 11:03:58 PM »

Let me just say that there is only two positions on the previous thread that I do not hold, those being that pedophilia should be legal and supporting a $15 min. wage. I had someone else in mind with those, you all know who.

I made the thread largely because the term "loony left" is frequently thrown around at me and other people for things as simple as being protesting the war, so I was curious at what of my views did people consider "loony left"
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies