Edit: Problem Solved
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:35:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Edit: Problem Solved
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Edit: Problem Solved  (Read 3953 times)
ShapeShifter

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2004, 03:57:39 PM »

I'm not scared to criticize Gustaf, I think if everyone was then everyone wouldn't be coming to his rescue.

Again, I think he denied your request because it didn't make as much sense as clearing up a signature thread.  Perhaps comparing it to a more similar case would prove your point.

Thank You Lunar. I understand your point of view. See, this could have just been avoided, if someone can talk to me in this matter. Thank you for the respect. Now, I understand where I might have exaggerated the point.

I was willing to let things go, but you are the one who keeps going and letting others take cheap shots at me.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2004, 04:02:17 PM »

I'm not scared to criticize Gustaf, I think if everyone was then everyone wouldn't be coming to his rescue.

Again, I think he denied your request because it didn't make as much sense as clearing up a signature thread.  Perhaps comparing it to a more similar case would prove your point.

Thank You Lunar. I understand your point of view. See, this could have just been avoided, if someone can talk to me in this matter. Thank you for the respect. Now, I understand where I might have exaggerated the point.

I was willing to let things go, but you are the one who keeps going and letting others take cheap shots at me.

Despite what you might think I don't control people on the forum with my Big Brother powers. I also don't lead great conspiracies against you, or plans civil wars.

And you attacked me unfairly, so I'm the one who has the option to let it go. You are jsut tryong to get away from your position without anyone noticing. After what you did, I'm not gonna let you do that so easily.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2004, 04:03:24 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2004, 04:05:38 PM by Senator ShapeShifter »

Despite what you might think I don't control people on the forum with my Big Brother powers. I also don't lead great conspiracies against you, or plans civil wars.

And you attacked me unfairly, so I'm the one who has the option to let it go. You are jsut tryong to get away from your position without anyone noticing. After what you did, I'm not gonna let you do that so easily.

Then go ahead and hold a grudge.

O and I don't think you get others to attack me. You assume too much there. What I was trying to say is, the lack of action from you in deleting personal attacks by others, only makes other think it is okay.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2004, 04:05:12 PM »

Then go ahead and hold a grudge.

After the way you acted, yes, I will not just let that go. If you wanna call it holding a grudge, sure. I am usually a forgiving guy, but you haven't actually done anything to make peace. You just stopped making unfair attacks on me.
Neil.A
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2004, 04:31:20 AM »

That is why I asked, we should change the moderator to someone who can stay above all that. Like Nym or Dunn and many others who would I am sure do a much better job and be as good as Dave.

I think you are right. I support Dunn for Moderator / GM . We miss this great guy, nobody here even know now how many people registered and to which party, he kept it orgenized. No one even see that Brambilia switched states and voted where he can not (The progressives and Dunn would - but your revloution kicked them out). He still post on the site, but not here.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2004, 11:10:44 AM »

That is why I asked, we should change the moderator to someone who can stay above all that. Like Nym or Dunn and many others who would I am sure do a much better job and be as good as Dave.

I think you are right. I support Dunn for Moderator / GM . We miss this great guy, nobody here even know now how many people registered and to which party, he kept it orgenized. No one even see that Brambilia switched states and voted where he can not (The progressives and Dunn would - but your revloution kicked them out). He still post on the site, but not here.

they are still here.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2004, 11:23:42 AM »

A number of people pointed out in the voting thread that Brambila's vote was not valid because he's registered in Florida.  

Changing your avatar without changing your registration is annoying, but not disallowed.  Boss (aka Miamiu) changes his avatar every couple days.

But anyway, it is not the job of the Moderator to police every minor infraction within hours of when it occurs.  The board is generally self-policing, with the moderator responsible for responding to complaints that the users don't have the technical authority to resolve themselves.  Gustaf has done a good job at this.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2004, 01:06:21 PM »

Gus is doing a great job. It was just a misunderstanding of what exactly a moderator should do. Dave came in himself and explained it. I think that should be the end of it for the sake of keeping things harmonious in the board. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2004, 06:09:34 PM »

they are still here.

Neil A...GusNews is keeping thread of registered voters too...we just haven't published anything on that in a while. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies