A moderate who can beat Nym (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:24:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A moderate who can beat Nym (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A moderate who can beat Nym  (Read 4647 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« on: April 29, 2004, 09:16:37 PM »

That's true.  I'm right. Grin
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 09:18:24 PM »

Thank you Josh.  I think you're a good man as well.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 09:29:21 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2004, 09:30:41 PM by AFRNC Chairman StevenNick »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

First of all, radical is a totally relative term.  One man's radical is another man's moderate.

Secondly, how can you presume to know who is electable and who is not.  I've always thought that I can be a very effective spokesman for my beliefs.  Although I have strong convictions, I'm willing to listen to people, answer questions, and address concerns.  This makes me more electable than a centrist who's a terrible salesman.

But my main question is this:  Why do we have primary elections?  Is it to select the candidate with the best chance of winning, or is it to select the candidate who shares our vision for the world?  I envision a world in which individual human beings are treated with dignity, where his or her God-given rights will be cherished and protected.  Government exists for the protection of the individual human being and the promotion of liberty and order in society.  If government interferes with this vision of individual dignity, I say cut the size of government.  If individuals threaten the rights and dignity of other individuals, I say increase the size of government.  That's my vision.  It's not too far right.  It's just right.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 09:43:39 PM »

I just look forward to the debate on Monday.  We'll see where our differences really are.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 10:05:09 PM »

I'm not sure of the exact dates, but the republican convention isn't until the end of May.  Other than that I'm not sure.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 10:09:13 PM »

What exactly is the process for the primaries?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies