Where should Lousiana's high water vechicles be?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:10:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Where should Lousiana's high water vechicles be?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Well?
In the desert country of Iraq

In the swampland state face a major hurricane of Lousiana

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Where should Lousiana's high water vechicles be?  (Read 4027 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 28, 2005, 05:08:33 PM »

You decide.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://abc26.trb.com/news/natguard08012005,0,4504131.story?coll=wgno-news-1
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 05:10:43 PM »

So:

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 05:12:51 PM »

So:

Well, gee, I guess everything will be OK, they didn't really need those high water vechicles. I'm sure they won't need too many people to help with the destruction from this minor storm.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 05:14:36 PM »

You work with what you have, and that seems to be enough.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 05:15:40 PM »

You work with what you have, and that seems to be enough.

In other words, you don't give a sh**t about people in New Orleans.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 05:17:12 PM »

I'm just going by what your article says. Doesn't sound like any trouble.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 05:21:30 PM »

I'm just going by what your article says. Doesn't sound like any trouble.

Doesn't sound like any trouble? They seemed pretty worried, and if you look at the date on the article, you'll notice that while it's recent (dated this month), it was pre-Katrina. In other words, they were worried enough about generic run off the mill hurriances.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2005, 05:29:17 PM »

If it's going to take months to bring it home, and it's needed in Iraq, then obviously you leave it in Iraq.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2005, 05:35:16 PM »

jfern, good point as usual.  However I'm sure the rich of New Orleans are already safely evacuated, and that is all that really matters, as we well know.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2005, 05:39:48 PM »

Honestly, I can't say where they should be - they may be needed in both places, but quite frankly I seriously doubt any of us have the information necessary to determine which place needs them more.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 07:33:46 PM »

If they could get it back in time so that it could be efficient or used to good contructive end, some of it should certainly come back, like generators and moving equipment, especially since it's being requested by the NG.

Something I saw about 190 mile an hour gusts of wind? Whew they better batton down the hatches. 4th largest hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic, I also saw.

I can't imagine living in an area where you'd be directly in line for this sort of thing, this magnitude of extreme weather.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2005, 07:45:56 PM »

If they could get it back in time so that it could be efficient or used to good contructive end, some of it should certainly come back, like generators and moving equipment, especially since it's being requested by the NG.

Something I saw about 190 mile an hour gusts of wind? Whew they better batton down the hatches. 4th largest hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic, I also saw.

I can't imagine living in an area where you'd be directly in line for this sort of thing, this magnitude of extreme weather.

200 MPH gusts. The sustained speeds have actually slowed down to 165 MPH.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2005, 10:26:48 PM »

Jfern can turn anything into a partisan attack.  Even a fricking hurricane.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2005, 10:33:05 PM »

Asshole. Turn a potentially massive natural disaster into a partisan issue. What a worthless person.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2005, 10:59:17 PM »

Lets not attack people from our own party, it makes the GOP posters happy when it seems the Dems can't get their act together.

Asshole. Turn a potentially massive natural disaster into a partisan issue. What a worthless person.

You need to stop condemning people period. You've told me that I should kill myself on more than one occasion and now you continue the hatred against one of the like 5 liberals who actually post on this board (Note- Most of the red avatars are not liberals)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2005, 11:03:02 PM »

I need to stop condemning people for turning a natural disaster into a politically motivated attack? You are one of the biggest jokes on this forum pal. You are the perfect model for the modern day liberal apologist who is afraid to condemn anything just because they may appear "mean" or "upset". The fact that you put ideology and party in front of condemning someone for a pretty lame attempt at attacking the other party is pretty sad and I'll reiterate the request I've made for you to remove your sorry life from this Earth.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2005, 11:13:27 PM »

I need to stop condemning people for turning a natural disaster into a politically motivated attack? You are one of the biggest jokes on this forum pal. You are the perfect model for the modern day liberal apologist who is afraid to condemn anything just because they may appear "mean" or "upset". The fact that you put ideology and party in front of condemning someone for a pretty lame attempt at attacking the other party is pretty sad and I'll reiterate the request I've made for you to remove your sorry life from this Earth.

I don't care about the hurricane, I'm talking about your behavior towards other people. All you do is tell people that they should kill themselves if they differ from you, is it supposed to be a joke? Am I missing something? Because you are the horrible person here to keep joking about suicide ("remove yourself"). I hope I'm just being overly sensitive right now and you weren't serious but I don't know what to expect with someone who has Hitler in his sig.

My rant has nothing to do with being a "liberal apologist". Cruelty towards others is bi-partisan. All I'm trying to say is it would be better if you could disagree with people without saying the world is better off w/o them.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2005, 11:19:05 PM »

So, you don't care about a hurricane, but you do care about a sane Democrat condemning an ultra-partisan Democrat. Once again, what a joke you are.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2005, 01:21:17 AM »

You just care about getting Bush, right?

And jfern, when your own article says Louisiana has enough equipment to handle the job and factor in the surrounding states that will help, it leaves you, well, all wet.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2005, 02:34:34 AM »

Jfern is the Republican Party's best friend on this forum.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2005, 07:49:02 AM »

Lets not attack people from our own party, it makes the GOP posters happy when it seems the Dems can't get their act together.

Jfern will continue to act in a partisan manner if his own party doesn't tell him to cut it out - that's far worse than reasonable Democrats showing that they aren't all that way.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005, 10:21:43 AM »

You need to stop condemning people period. You've told me that I should kill myself on more than one occasion and now you continue the hatred against one of the like 5 liberals who actually post on this board (Note- Most of the red avatars are not liberals)

Jfern should be condemned, he's a flaming lunatic by all accounts who is agreed with by nobody on the board.  He will continue spewing his latte-drinking extremist crap no matter who from what party tells him to be quiet.  Jfern and the average Democrat here on the Atlas are hardly an alliance.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2005, 05:49:06 PM »

And jfern, when your own article says Louisiana has enough equipment to handle the job and factor in the surrounding states that will help, it leaves you, well, all wet.

I don't know why you and Jake misunderstood me, YES, I care about the hurricane, but AT THAT MOMENT I was talking about Jake's rotten comments, not Katrina. They are 2 separate issues.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2005, 06:01:43 PM »

I don't know why you and Jake misunderstood me, YES, I care about the hurricane, but AT THAT MOMENT I was talking about Jake's rotten comments, not Katrina. They are 2 separate issues.

I don't understand your handle. You're a pussy, Pim wasn't.

At any rate, jfern obviously has his head stuck so far up Dean and co.'s ass that he can't see anything this world in a non-partisan, non-Democratic light.

The ultimate hack, ready made for the Democratic Party of tomorrow. No brain, no balls... just a steady vote.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2005, 01:44:52 AM »

Just a note.  The better not use the Humvee, because they are not high water vehicles.  They'd be about as much good as a sportscar.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies