MT-Sen: It's Tester Time
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:35:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-Sen: It's Tester Time
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MT-Sen: It's Tester Time  (Read 2542 times)
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2005, 08:58:23 PM »
« edited: August 29, 2005, 09:00:35 PM by Sarnstrom »

Morrison is being extremely unestimated he has won state-wide election twice since 2000. While Tester has only won a few (not sure on how many) state senate elections in a traditionally democratic district. Morrison won in 2000 by 50-45% and in 2004 by 56-44%.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2005, 09:05:44 PM »

Morrison is being extremely unestimated he has won state-wide election twice since 2000. While Tester has only won a few (not sure on how many) state senate elections in a traditionally democratic district. Morrison won in 2000 by 50-45% and in 2004 by 56-44%.

2000 was an open seat and he was the incumbent in 2004, correct?  There are a lot of Democrats and Republicans elected statewide in states that traditionally lean to the opposite party, but that does not mean they can defeat an incumbent straight out... even Conrad Burns.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2005, 07:42:43 AM »
« Edited: August 30, 2005, 08:16:05 AM by Scoonie »

While Tester has only won a few (not sure on how many) state senate elections in a traditionally democratic district.

Tester's the Senate Majority Leader and his district is among the most conservative in Montana.

I think he has the best shot of beating Burns. Tester is very similar to Governor Schweitzer, and that will play well in the state.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 12:32:52 AM »

Burns 55
Tester 45

You heard it here first.

My how things change...

Ol Burnsy ain't got nothin to worry bout yet.

Is there still anyone here who honestly doesn't believe this guy was a class A hack? Too bad he's disappeared again, how much I would love to rub in his face his hackish delusions (especially Kennedy beating Klobuchar by at least 5, lololol)

While Tester has only won a few (not sure on how many) state senate elections in a traditionally democratic district.

Tester's the Senate Majority Leader and his district is among the most conservative in Montana.

I think he has the best shot of beating Burns. Tester is very similar to Governor Schweitzer, and that will play well in the state.

...and once again, Scoonie nailed it.
Deano963

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 01:05:33 AM »

Every time someone resurrects one of these old threads, I am amazed at how hackish the republican posters were and how prophetic the Dem posters were in retrospect. There has to come a point sooner or later where we simply stop listening to the people who claim that Burns was going to be reelected in a walk and who still say that Santorum is going to be reelected, and they are usually the very same hacks.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2006, 01:20:22 AM »

...and once again, Scoonie nailed it.

People love to call me a hack, but I think I've proven numerous times that I have a very good feel for the political climate.

I was right about Tester, I was right about Klobuchar, I was right about Lamont, I was right about Deval Patrick.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2006, 12:12:38 PM »

Every time someone resurrects one of these old threads, I am amazed at how hackish the republican posters were and how prophetic the Dem posters were in retrospect. There has to come a point sooner or later where we simply stop listening to the people who claim that Burns was going to be reelected in a walk and who still say that Santorum is going to be reelected, and they are usually the very same hacks.

You make a great point. Most of the people predicting a Santorum victory a year ago were saying that Mark Kennedy was the heavy favorite and Burns and DeWine were in no real trouble. Hell, most Republicans at the time were predicting that the GOP would pick up seats, or break even at worst.
Conan
conan

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2006, 12:29:49 PM »

You make a great point. Most of the people predicting a Santorum victory a year ago were saying that Mark Kennedy was the heavy favorite and Burns and DeWine were in no real trouble. Hell, most Republicans at the time were predicting that the GOP would pick up seats, or break even at worst.
Some still are!
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2006, 01:29:21 PM »

Delusional on the issues and delusional in politics.
Deano963

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2006, 02:04:13 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2006, 05:15:57 PM by Deano963 »

I can understand those who were under the impression at the BEGINNING of this cycle who thought that Burns and Dewine might not be in for a tough fight (I mean, who among us saw Brown and Tester coming?), but to still hold that position is flat-out delusional.

I can't understand those who ever, at any point whatsoever, thought that Mark Kennedy was the favorite. He is a particularly weak and unattractive candidate running in a blue state against a strong Dem. This race was never going to be close.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies