NJ Governor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:22:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ Governor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ Governor  (Read 20485 times)
jravnsbo

« on: January 01, 2004, 04:52:49 PM »

As opposed to the special interests who have their hand outs from tax cuts? Wink

-I know giving the middle class tax cuts is hell isn't it.
jravnsbo

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 04:54:35 PM »

I think my first quote says it all, when coming to Dems and raising Taxes.

Funny as they used to be a tax cutting party, but not anymore.
jravnsbo

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 08:49:31 PM »

well first off it was said in jest.  so lighten up.  I guess I'll just have to put a smiley face on each time I say something in jest, geez.

As opposed to the special interests who have their hand outs from tax cuts? Wink

-I know giving the middle class tax cuts is hell isn't it.

That's not what I was implying and you know it.

The fact that you're twisting my words around and are jumping to conclusions about my character is quite offensive and, frankly, says more about you than it does about me.
jravnsbo

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 10:07:36 PM »

NO harm no foul, extends hand to make a mends!

well first off it was said in jest.  so lighten up.  I guess I'll just have to put a smiley face on each time I say something in jest, geez.

Sorry, I didn't know you were kidding. But don't worry, you just caught me in a bad mood at the time. Smiley
jravnsbo

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 04:24:30 PM »

Nothing on your tax return says you can't give more in taxes.  These liberal eleites want everyone to pay more, so why don't they?  its perfectly legal and withint he law.

Yes, Dazzleman, one of the fundamental differences between liberals and conservatives is that liberals believe that the wealthy have a moral obligation to society to give a small portion of their money back to the less fortunate, while conservatives believe that they should be allowed to keep it.
jravnsbo

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 04:26:33 PM »

Well said.  Tax increases hurt people trying to give other people jobs!

When was the last time a poor man created a lot of jobs?

Yes, Dazzleman, one of the fundamental differences between liberals and conservatives is that liberals believe that the wealthy have a moral obligation to society to give a small portion of their money back to the less fortunate, while conservatives believe that they should be allowed to keep it.

Please.  That's not what we believe at all.  We believe that the weathy do have that obligation, that's what trickle-down economics is all about.  We just believe that it should be done through charity and not wasteful "entitlement" program.
jravnsbo

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2004, 05:41:48 PM »

McGreevy is going to need everybody he can get in next election as unpopular as he is.

You're surprised the McGreevey raised taxes?  What did you expect when you elected a Democrat?  I haven't seen a Democrat lately who could stand up to the special interests who have their hand out for your tax money.

I don't know NJ politics that well, but I had heard of Bret Schundler and I'm sure he would have been better than McGreevey, especially since McGreevey was the darling of Hillary Clinton the last time he ran.

Is Andrews from South Jersey or North Jersey?  New Jersey is really like two different states, and I imagine it makes a big difference what part of the state a candidate is from.

I don't think Hillary's too sweet on him now. McGreevey's a Dean man.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies