Give credit where credit is due...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:26:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Give credit where credit is due...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Give credit where credit is due...  (Read 3400 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2005, 11:11:16 PM »

It's odd how some people like Frodo can't deal with outspoken Democrats, but don't seem to mind about people like MODO who wouldn't mind if New Orleans was completely destroyed, or various Republicans who would like it if a big earthquake hit San Francisco. It's funny how people confuse taking a strong stand against extremists with being an extremist. Time for the Neville Chamberlains  to get a clue.

I didn't look closely enough at what you typed when I responded earlier since most of what you have to offer is regurgitated DU talking points anyway, but would you mind substantiating the claims that I have highlighted?  Where exactly did MODU say what you claim he said, and please provide examples of Republicans who have specifically said that they would rejoice if a big earthquake hit San Francisco. 

MODO said he "wouldn't mind". As for the SF earthquake.

I hope a certain California Democrat is there to see it happen

And, so far as San Francisco... I'm not gonna lie, it's hard for me to get too upset. They don't even want to be part of the US- I say let mother Earth separate them.

links?

Anyway, if A18 and AuH2O did in fact say what they said, then I expect Republicans to condemn them every bit as strongly as I have condemned you.  
○∙◄☻„tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2005, 11:13:03 PM »

It's odd how some people like Frodo can't deal with outspoken Democrats, but don't seem to mind about people like MODO who wouldn't mind if New Orleans was completely destroyed, or various Republicans who would like it if a big earthquake hit San Francisco. It's funny how people confuse taking a strong stand against extremists with being an extremist. Time for the Neville Chamberlains  to get a clue.

I didn't look closely enough at what you typed when I responded earlier since most of what you have to offer is regurgitated DU talking points anyway, but would you mind substantiating the claims that I have highlighted?  Where exactly did MODU say what you claim he said, and please provide examples of Republicans who have specifically said that they would rejoice if a big earthquake hit San Francisco. 

MODO said he "wouldn't mind". As for the SF earthquake.

I hope a certain California Democrat is there to see it happen

And, so far as San Francisco... I'm not gonna lie, it's hard for me to get too upset. They don't even want to be part of the US- I say let mother Earth separate them.

links?

Anyway, if A18 and AuH2O did in fact say what they said, then I expect Republicans to condemn them every bit as strongly as I have condemned you.  

WTF are you condeming me so strongly for?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2005, 11:15:22 PM »

I didn't say I wanted to happen. I said I hoped you were there when it did happen.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2005, 12:06:40 AM »

I didn't say I wanted to happen. I said I hoped you were there when it did happen.

A18, you have to understand that Jfern has reading comprehension problems.

Note to real Democrats.  I understand that Jfern does not represent the view of most of you.
○∙◄☻„tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2005, 04:48:15 PM »

Note to real Democrats.  I understand that Jfern does not represent the view of most of you.

In J.J.-land, real Democrats don't believe that a sample 940 heads and 60 tails is statistically significantly different from that of a fair coin.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2005, 04:49:52 PM »

I should agree. He's worthless
○∙◄☻„tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2005, 04:52:07 PM »

I should agree. He's worthless

Gee, thanks. I suppose you're a member of the 94%-insignificant club?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2005, 04:56:48 PM »

I just don't like it when conservative Democrats disparage liberal members of their own party, we should be more united like the GOP is.
I dislike it when liberal Democrats disparage conservative members of their own party; we should be more united like the GOP is. Wink
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2005, 01:46:47 PM »

What's your problem?  Why do you assume that every Democrat from the South is somehow not a valid member of the party?  I have as much right to speak my views as a Democrat as you do, as does Frodo.  I remember the time you called me a "Southern yokel" because you were too blind to accept the fact that people other than conservatives can oppose gay marriage.  You're a bigot.  What if Frodo was from New Hampshire or California or Michigan?  Would you use your blind anti Southern crap on him then?

I mean, seriously, people try to heal tensions between the regions (which I favor; the tensions are silly), but all you can do is alienate anyone from the South by insulting them.

You have a point I guess. By Southerner I also mean "conservative Democrat", since that type doesn't really exist in the Northeast. I just don't like it when conservative Democrats disparage liberal members of their own party, we should be more united like the GOP is. I am also suspicious of being sold out by Brad Carson/Phil Bredesen- type Dems, and yet I fear that w/o them we'll never get back into power.

My criticism of Jfern has nothing to do with the fact that he is liberal or that I happen to be a little more conservative than he is (or you for that matter) -it has to do with the fact that he has displayed a rabid hatred of Bush that defies all reason, and I particularly object to his efforts in using this tragedy as yet another reason to attack him. 

I speak for all those Democrats who still have enough of a sense of common decency not to let their partisanship get ahead of human solidarity with those who have been victimized by this hurricane, regardless of whether they happen to be liberals, conservatives, moderates, whathaveyou.

Let me ask you this -is it too much to ask to put aside our petty partisan and ideological differences and join with our Republican counterparts in trying to recover from this tragedy? 

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2005, 01:48:07 PM »

What's your problem?  Why do you assume that every Democrat from the South is somehow not a valid member of the party?  I have as much right to speak my views as a Democrat as you do, as does Frodo.  I remember the time you called me a "Southern yokel" because you were too blind to accept the fact that people other than conservatives can oppose gay marriage.  You're a bigot.  What if Frodo was from New Hampshire or California or Michigan?  Would you use your blind anti Southern crap on him then?

I mean, seriously, people try to heal tensions between the regions (which I favor; the tensions are silly), but all you can do is alienate anyone from the South by insulting them.

Thanks. Smiley
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2005, 08:55:29 AM »

It's odd how some people like Frodo can't deal with outspoken Democrats, but don't seem to mind about people like MODO who wouldn't mind if New Orleans was completely destroyed, or various Republicans who would like it if a big earthquake hit San Francisco. 

Where exactly did MODU say what you claim he said, and please provide examples of Republicans who have specifically said that they would rejoice if a big earthquake hit San Francisco. 

No, I did say that, though he's implying an extreme position that I wanted to see the city destroyed.  With New Orleans flooded, it's a perfect time for the government to compensate the land owners in the flood plane for their land, and not let people rebuild there.  We waste too much money on a levee system which has done nothing but put people's lives in danger and damage the local environment and ecology.  It's not like there isn't enough above sea-level land in the area which people can relocate and build upon.  Now that New Orleans is "dead" (using the police spokesmans word), let's clean up the land and let it return to nature.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2005, 07:51:44 PM »

I just don't like it when conservative Democrats disparage liberal members of their own party, we should be more united like the GOP is.
I dislike it when liberal Democrats disparage conservative members of their own party; we should be more united like the GOP is. Wink

Point Taken.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2005, 08:28:21 PM »

What the hell is wrong with you people? From what I have read, all Frodo was saying was that it's unacceptable for partisan hacks to be politicizing the hurricane. I agree with him, as do many of the forum Democrats; it's unacceptable to be politicizing the hurricane this much. Stop being childish and stop attacking him/them especially if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute other than the generic, tactless "omg southerners sux Sad Cry Angry" crap, which I'm sure hardcore Republicans love because it only divides the Democratic party. Just because someone can relax the stupid partisanship for a tragedy like Hurricane Katrina doesn't make the person any less of a Democrat than you are.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2005, 11:18:21 PM »

What the hell is wrong with you people? From what I have read, all Frodo was saying was that it's unacceptable for partisan hacks to be politicizing the hurricane. I agree with him, as do many of the forum Democrats; it's unacceptable to be politicizing the hurricane this much. Stop being childish and stop attacking him/them especially if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute other than the generic, tactless "omg southerners sux Sad Cry Angry" crap, which I'm sure hardcore Republicans love because it only divides the Democratic party. Just because someone can relax the stupid partisanship for a tragedy like Hurricane Katrina doesn't make the person any less of a Democrat than you are.

No, hardcore Republicans don't like it, if I qualify as a hard core Republican.

Let's look at the public official I have royally villified, Mayor Ray Nagin.  Just days before he declared for the office, he switched his party affiliation from Republican.  He has made campaign contributions to George W. Bush; as Mayor, he endorsed the GOP candidate for Governor over Democrat Blanco. 

Now, look at one of the people in this chain of authority that I've said has done more good than bad, Governor Kathleen Blanco.  She has been a longtime partisan Democrat, former Lieutenant Governor and a State Legislator, who endorsed  Kerry (along with Nagin).  http://bayoubuzz.com/articles.aspx?aid=1265

Jfern has supported Nagin's actions that had the effect of injuring and killing people, Americans, generally, poor and Black Americans.  That even goes beyond loony.  I've actually been going out of my way to refer to him as a "liberal Democrat," in quotes, because he doesn't represent even a tiny minority of liberals or Democrats in the contry or on this board.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2005, 11:33:41 PM »

No, hardcore Republicans don't like it, if I qualify as a hard core Republican.

Let's look at the public official I have royally villified, Mayor Ray Nagin.  Just days before he declared for the office, he switched his party affiliation from Republican.  He has made campaign contributions to George W. Bush; as Mayor, he endorsed the GOP candidate for Governor over Democrat Blanco. 

Now, look at one of the people in this chain of authority that I've said has done more good than bad, Governor Kathleen Blanco.  She has been a longtime partisan Democrat, former Lieutenant Governor and a State Legislator, who endorsed  Kerry (along with Nagin).  http://bayoubuzz.com/articles.aspx?aid=1265

Jfern has supported Nagin's actions that had the effect of injuring and killing people, Americans, generally, poor and Black Americans.  That even goes beyond loony.  I've actually been going out of my way to refer to him as a "liberal Democrat," in quotes, because he doesn't represent even a tiny minority of liberals or Democrats in the contry or on this board.
Bah, I should have said "crazy" Republican as opposed to "hardcore" Republican. Sorry about that.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2005, 11:47:56 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2005, 12:00:28 AM by J. J. »

You don't need to apologize. :-)  I am a hardcore Republican, and opinionated.

I just wanted you and the rest of the real Democrats on this site to know that at least some (if not all) of us reallize that Jfern is not representative of you.

I hope you all realize that when I say somebody screwed up, that means I think they really screwed up, not that they have a "D" after their name.  If Nagin would switch party affiliations tomorrow, I'd still want to bitch slap the guy.

I have rarely been as angry at an American politician as I have been at Ray Nagin. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies