Give credit where credit is due... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:17:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Give credit where credit is due... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Give credit where credit is due...  (Read 3436 times)
Everett
YaBB God

« on: September 06, 2005, 08:28:21 PM »

What the hell is wrong with you people? From what I have read, all Frodo was saying was that it's unacceptable for partisan hacks to be politicizing the hurricane. I agree with him, as do many of the forum Democrats; it's unacceptable to be politicizing the hurricane this much. Stop being childish and stop attacking him/them especially if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute other than the generic, tactless "omg southerners sux Sad Cry Angry" crap, which I'm sure hardcore Republicans love because it only divides the Democratic party. Just because someone can relax the stupid partisanship for a tragedy like Hurricane Katrina doesn't make the person any less of a Democrat than you are.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 11:33:41 PM »

What the hell is wrong with you people? From what I have read, all Frodo was saying was that it's unacceptable for partisan hacks to be politicizing the hurricane. I agree with him, as do many of the forum Democrats; it's unacceptable to be politicizing the hurricane this much. Stop being childish and stop attacking him/them especially if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute other than the generic, tactless "omg southerners sux Sad Cry Angry" crap, which I'm sure hardcore Republicans love because it only divides the Democratic party. Just because someone can relax the stupid partisanship for a tragedy like Hurricane Katrina doesn't make the person any less of a Democrat than you are.

No, hardcore Republicans don't like it, if I qualify as a hard core Republican.

Let's look at the public official I have royally villified, Mayor Ray Nagin.  Just days before he declared for the office, he switched his party affiliation from Republican.  He has made campaign contributions to George W. Bush; as Mayor, he endorsed the GOP candidate for Governor over Democrat Blanco. 

Now, look at one of the people in this chain of authority that I've said has done more good than bad, Governor Kathleen Blanco.  She has been a longtime partisan Democrat, former Lieutenant Governor and a State Legislator, who endorsed  Kerry (along with Nagin).  http://bayoubuzz.com/articles.aspx?aid=1265

Jfern has supported Nagin's actions that had the effect of injuring and killing people, Americans, generally, poor and Black Americans.  That even goes beyond loony.  I've actually been going out of my way to refer to him as a "liberal Democrat," in quotes, because he doesn't represent even a tiny minority of liberals or Democrats in the contry or on this board.
Bah, I should have said "crazy" Republican as opposed to "hardcore" Republican. Sorry about that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies