Give credit where credit is due... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:41:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Give credit where credit is due... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Give credit where credit is due...  (Read 3430 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: September 02, 2005, 01:01:16 AM »

I haven't heard this story before -but I'll take your word for it.

I never liked Walmart either, given their generally shoddy products compared to more high-end stores like Williams-Sonoma, and especially given their policies toward the establishment of unions, but I nonetheless salute them for making this gesture toward the victims of this disaster, despite the likelihood their stores in the affected area were looted by these same victims.   

And I would also like to say that those of us who are Democrats disassociate ourselves from Jfern and those like him who have tried to politicize this disaster.  He doesn't speak for us, and never will.   

Typical Southern Democrat quote. Abandon liberals at the first chance you get so you can ingratiate yourselves to the ruling GOP. We're not going to give the Bushies a free pass, this is the same party that impeached a sitting president out of spite and sheer hatred, we'll never forgive that. Katrina has been a horrific disaster but life in this multi-party democracy goes on.

Jfern does speak for some of us, but you DINOs don't want anyone else to think that.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 09:00:10 PM »

What's your problem?  Why do you assume that every Democrat from the South is somehow not a valid member of the party?  I have as much right to speak my views as a Democrat as you do, as does Frodo.  I remember the time you called me a "Southern yokel" because you were too blind to accept the fact that people other than conservatives can oppose gay marriage.  You're a bigot.  What if Frodo was from New Hampshire or California or Michigan?  Would you use your blind anti Southern crap on him then?

I mean, seriously, people try to heal tensions between the regions (which I favor; the tensions are silly), but all you can do is alienate anyone from the South by insulting them.

You have a point I guess. By Southerner I also mean "conservative Democrat", since that type doesn't really exist in the Northeast. I just don't like it when conservative Democrats disparage liberal members of their own party, we should be more united like the GOP is. I am also suspicious of being sold out by Brad Carson/Phil Bredesen- type Dems, and yet I fear that w/o them we'll never get back into power.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 07:51:44 PM »

I just don't like it when conservative Democrats disparage liberal members of their own party, we should be more united like the GOP is.
I dislike it when liberal Democrats disparage conservative members of their own party; we should be more united like the GOP is. Wink

Point Taken.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies