Give credit where credit is due... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:17:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Give credit where credit is due... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Give credit where credit is due...  (Read 3478 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: September 02, 2005, 03:25:49 AM »

It's odd how some people like Frodo can't deal with outspoken Democrats, but don't seem to mind about people like MODO who wouldn't mind if New Orleans was completely destroyed, or various Republicans who would like it if a big earthquake hit San Francisco. It's funny how people confuse taking a strong stand against extremists with being an extremist. Time for the Neville Chamberlains  to get a clue.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 10:14:09 PM »

It's odd how some people like Frodo can't deal with outspoken Democrats, but don't seem to mind about people like MODO who wouldn't mind if New Orleans was completely destroyed, or various Republicans who would like it if a big earthquake hit San Francisco. It's funny how people confuse taking a strong stand against extremists with being an extremist. Time for the Neville Chamberlains  to get a clue.

So because some far-out Republican and/or conservative makes outrageous claims about liberals in relation to the disaster wrought by Hurricane Katrina, that we should somehow follow their example and do the same to them?

Is that your excuse?

What the hell kind of inane logic is that?  If anything, all you are really proving is that you are a Democrat without a conscience, principles or scruples, for whom nothing is sacred; willing to exploit the sufferings of the people of New Orleans for partisan gain. 

I would rather you join the Greens and afflict them instead with the kind of garbage you are peddling here ostensibly to help the party for whom you claim to be a member.       

Of course I have principles, and they include a better vision of America, and standing up to crazy right-wingers. You don't beat the Republicans by bending over for them.

What did you do to help the Democratic party in 2004? I volunteered, contributed, voted, and argued.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 11:04:35 PM »

I didn't look closely enough at what you typed when I responded earlier since most of what you have to offer is regurgitated DU talking points anyway, but would you mind substantiating the claims that I have highlighted?  Where exactly did MODU say what you claim he said, and please provide examples of Republicans who have specifically said that they would rejoice if a big earthquake hit San Francisco. 

MODO said he "wouldn't mind". As for the SF earthquake.

I hope a certain California Democrat is there to see it happen

And, so far as San Francisco... I'm not gonna lie, it's hard for me to get too upset. They don't even want to be part of the US- I say let mother Earth separate them.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 11:13:03 PM »

I didn't look closely enough at what you typed when I responded earlier since most of what you have to offer is regurgitated DU talking points anyway, but would you mind substantiating the claims that I have highlighted?  Where exactly did MODU say what you claim he said, and please provide examples of Republicans who have specifically said that they would rejoice if a big earthquake hit San Francisco. 

MODO said he "wouldn't mind". As for the SF earthquake.

I hope a certain California Democrat is there to see it happen

And, so far as San Francisco... I'm not gonna lie, it's hard for me to get too upset. They don't even want to be part of the US- I say let mother Earth separate them.

links?

Anyway, if A18 and AuH2O did in fact say what they said, then I expect Republicans to condemn them every bit as strongly as I have condemned you.  

WTF are you condeming me so strongly for?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 04:48:15 PM »

I didn't say I wanted to happen. I said I hoped you were there when it did happen.

A18, you have to understand that Jfern has reading comprehension problems.

Note to real Democrats.  I understand that Jfern does not represent the view of most of you.

In J.J.-land, real Democrats don't believe that a sample 940 heads and 60 tails is statistically significantly different from that of a fair coin.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 04:52:07 PM »

I didn't say I wanted to happen. I said I hoped you were there when it did happen.

A18, you have to understand that Jfern has reading comprehension problems.

Note to real Democrats.  I understand that Jfern does not represent the view of most of you.

I should agree. He's worthless

Gee, thanks. I suppose you're a member of the 94%-insignificant club?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies