sorry if this is the wrong place for this...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:36:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  sorry if this is the wrong place for this...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: sorry if this is the wrong place for this...  (Read 1700 times)
Burn baby, Burn
pellaken
Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: -1.08

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 14, 2005, 02:23:56 PM »

but I wanna play. lol.

I have a long history in government/election fantasy simulation games. unfortunatly when I was younger I had a quick temper, and many of the players of the games I was in were turned off by me, they judged me and never changed their mind and eventually forced me out. I'm looking forward to getting into another fun game, and this one seems cool.
WiseGuy

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 03:21:59 PM »

Well, you need fifty posts to join.  I'm sorry about that.

When you do have fifty posts, you'll need to go to this thread: http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=2081.0, and register with one of the parties.  I'll PM you info on the parties when you've met the post requirement.  You'll also need to pick a US state to register in.
Burn baby, Burn
pellaken
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 04:54:13 PM »

I'll pick the state/region with the fewest players Cheesy more power for me Tongue

as for 50 posts, I should get there by tonight, or tomarrow, so feel free to PM me now.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 05:01:11 PM »

I'll pick the state/region with the fewest players Cheesy more power for me Tongue

as for 50 posts, I should get there by tonight, or tomarrow, so feel free to PM me now.

Oh and look in the Fantasy Elections forum for a lot of what's happening.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 05:05:44 PM »

Quite a few states don't even have anyone, or have only one person - I'm the only registered Wyomingan, for instance (despite being from Maryland). I don't think there's anyone from South Dakota at the moment, only one Kansan, one Montanan, one North Dakotan, one each from Alaska and Hawaii. There might not be anyone in Maine or New Hampshire, I'm not certain. Or DC.

The Midwest, btw, is the emptiest region, followed by the Pacific. the Northeast is most crowded (though the far northeast isn't, it's mainly because of Pennsylvania and New York - PA-13 alone is practically a state in and of itself Tongue).
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 05:07:20 PM »

Quite a few states don't even have anyone, or have only one person - I'm the only registered Wyomingan, for instance (despite being from Maryland). I don't think there's anyone from South Dakota at the moment, only one Kansan, one Montanan, one North Dakotan, one each from Alaska and Hawaii. There might not be anyone in Maine or New Hampshire, I'm not certain. Or DC.

The Midwest, btw, is the emptiest region, followed by the Pacific. the Northeast is most crowded (though the far northeast isn't, it's mainly because of Pennsylvania and New York - PA-13 alone is practically a state in and of itself Tongue).

Don't leave out the best region ever, the Mideast! Grin
Burn baby, Burn
pellaken
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 05:15:07 PM »

I looked up all the info.

these region maps make me want to kill somebody. I have "OCDish tendencies" when it comes to maps, fortunatly I have pills that'll calm me down Cheesy (but seriously if you guys knew how worked up I got after seeing the "mideast" region map, you'd all spazz) but I wont cause any problems. how are these regions picked, with the same number of states in each? ... anyways, I gotta stop thinking about this, where are my pills LOL. if I dont take one now I'll be thinking about this map till I go to bed.

I think I'm going to join the constitional union party, so I'm going to try to find a region where they are short on members, as that's often a good idea, as well as look for states that'd agree with my views in general.

I dont understand things though... are we all congressmen? what do governors do? senators? who's the president? can we make laws?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 05:27:47 PM »

I looked up all the info.

these region maps make me want to kill somebody. I have "OCDish tendencies" when it comes to maps, fortunatly I have pills that'll calm me down Cheesy (but seriously if you guys knew how worked up I got after seeing the "mideast" region map, you'd all spazz) but I wont cause any problems. how are these regions picked, with the same number of states in each? ... anyways, I gotta stop thinking about this, where are my pills LOL. if I dont take one now I'll be thinking about this map till I go to bed.

I think I'm going to join the constitional union party, so I'm going to try to find a region where they are short on members, as that's often a good idea, as well as look for states that'd agree with my views in general.

I dont understand things though... are we all congressmen? what do governors do? senators? who's the president? can we make laws?

Read the thread that says "READ FIRST" Smiley
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 05:28:19 PM »

how are these regions picked, with the same number of states in each?
They were picked a long time back, by a rather arbitrary process based partly on culture and geography and partly on forum population.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Noooo! You should join the Independent Liberal Party, the party of social libertarianism. (Disclaimer: I am a member of the ILP.)

The Midwest is very short on active members.

There are ten Senators, elected for four-month terms. Each Senator represents either one of the five regions or one of the five districts. Only the Senate makes laws; there is no House of Representatives, and no congressmen.

The President is also elected every four months, and has veto-power, subject to the Senate's override power. The current President is Siege40; I am the current Vice President.

Each region also has a regional governor, and can make its own laws. Every voter is a regional legislator, and can submit and vote on regional laws.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 05:58:40 PM »

Welcome Pellaken.  Good to see new people join Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 06:40:25 PM »

Welcome to the forum, pellaken.  Good to hear you will be joining the Constitutional Union Party. Smiley
Burn baby, Burn
pellaken
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 07:03:15 PM »

I'm not really "new". I founded a game kinda like this about Canada that has around this number of active members, but as I said people judged me based on who I was when I was younger (or when drunk) and so if you go to that game all you'll hear is attacks against me.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2005, 04:29:36 PM »

Well Pellakin the way states vote in real life does factor into Atlasia. Only the actually voters in Atlasia, their are around 120 of us, are the only ones allowed to vote. We use a preferential voting system like they use in Australia. No you are not a congressman you are not a governor. You are nothing at this moment. You are just an average citizen. You can, though, run for Senate, Governor of your region, Lt. Gov, in some regions, or just vote, start a newspaper or do some other sh**t.

Our Senate is composed of 10 members, 5 elected from districts, which are drawn up and voted upon by the governors, and 5 members elected from the Regions.

Governors are elected by the people of the regions for terms between 2 and 4 months.

Some regions elect Lt. Govs though they due this through different ways. In the Mideast the person who comes in second in the governors race is Lt. Gov. In the Northeast the Gov. and Lt. Gov run on a ticket whilst in the Southeast and Pacific they are elected seperately.

Then of course their is President, although he is severly more limited in his power than the American President, who chooses, with the Senate consent, the cabinet.

That's a small overview. If you want more info just PM me.
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2005, 05:45:11 PM »

It's always good to see another Canadian on the board, welcome.

Siege
Burn baby, Burn
pellaken
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2005, 05:49:29 PM »

Well Pellakin the way states vote in real life does factor into Atlasia. Only the actually voters in Atlasia, their are around 120 of us, are the only ones allowed to vote. We use a preferential voting system like they use in Australia. No you are not a congressman you are not a governor. You are nothing at this moment. You are just an average citizen. You can, though, run for Senate, Governor of your region, Lt. Gov, in some regions, or just vote, start a newspaper or do some other sh**t.

Our Senate is composed of 10 members, 5 elected from districts, which are drawn up and voted upon by the governors, and 5 members elected from the Regions.

Governors are elected by the people of the regions for terms between 2 and 4 months.

Some regions elect Lt. Govs though they due this through different ways. In the Mideast the person who comes in second in the governors race is Lt. Gov. In the Northeast the Gov. and Lt. Gov run on a ticket whilst in the Southeast and Pacific they are elected seperately.

Then of course their is President, although he is severly more limited in his power than the American President, who chooses, with the Senate consent, the cabinet.

I played in a game where the second place person became vice president. Only two people ran Tongue the vote went 37-2 (the president-elect was my friend and I'm pretty sure he voted for me). anyways his computer broke, and I became president, then I got impeached, lol, and the president for the prior term took over again.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 03:59:50 PM »

Don't forget my personal forum for striking down laws I don't like....I mean the Supreme Court.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies