Protection of the Right to Bear Arms Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:43:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Protection of the Right to Bear Arms Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Protection of the Right to Bear Arms Bill  (Read 2218 times)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: September 04, 2005, 04:28:52 AM »

(b) The seller negligently supplies the product to a person whom he knows, or reasonably should know, is likely to use said product in an unlawful manner involving unreasonable risk to others;

This is ripe for abuse.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 06:33:42 AM »

(b) The seller negligently supplies the product to a person whom he knows, or reasonably should know, is likely to use said product in an unlawful manner involving unreasonable risk to others;

This is ripe for abuse.

Why is that?  It seems to me that all that's saying is that sellers should do a background check before selling someone a gun.

If the reasonably should know is striken, there is no problem, but while it remains there, if I sell you a gun, how am I "reasonably" suposed to know if you are going to use it unlawfully or not?
If precedent is right, this is just going to be defined by administrative ruling, and we all know what Al Quaeda BATF's standards are.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies