DU Compassion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:41:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  DU Compassion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DU Compassion  (Read 3967 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: September 03, 2005, 03:02:42 AM »

Ugh.  Anyone who considers the recipient's political slant when considering the possibility of being charitable to someone in need is in dire need of a slap to the face.  There are many things more important in life than hatred towards people who disagree with you.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 03:15:41 AM »

Ugh.  Anyone who considers the recipient's political slant when considering the possibility of being charitable to someone in need is in dire need of a slap to the face.  There are many things more important in life than hatred towards people who disagree with you.

This is no worse than not stopping to help some woman because you don't think she's cute enough.

Not being worse than something else does not make it less worse in absolute terms.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 03:29:57 AM »

This is no worse than not stopping to help some woman because you don't think she's cute enough.

Not being worse than something else does not make it less worse in absolute terms.

Really it's not a bit deal, and doesn't compare at all to what the other side does. Oh, no, maybe she had to wait another 3 minutes.

No, I agree that it isn't, but given that this topic is about this specific event and not about something that the other side is doing, I'm addressing this event.  If someone from, say, Free Republic did something like this, I would give the exact same response.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 05:50:40 PM »

Oh come on, DU isn't representative of all liberals.  The thread title is not "liberal compassion," it's "DU Compassion."

LOL LIBERALISM AT WORK ON THE HIGHWAY
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 06:01:09 AM »

Sickening, there are folks like htis on the extreme right of course, but the viseral hatred that you find on the extreme left sometimes seems even worse in its intensity Sad

I considered such a thought, but then I realized that the extreme right is the side that has the religious nuts telling the people of New Orleans that they incurred God's wrath through their sinful behavior, and thus that they themselves are at fault for Hurricane Katrina.  I really don't think the extreme left can top that one, although they certainly try.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 06:04:34 AM »

Oh I think that saying that the hurricane was a direct result of Bush not adopting Kyoto is pretty ****ing bad myself...

Like I said, they certainly try.  I just don't think that blaming Bush is quite as bad as blaming the people that are currently dying and suffering so badly.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 06:09:52 AM »

there can be an argument that global warming intensifies hurricanes

I don't think there's just an argument; it's pretty much a 100% sure thing that global warming will intensify hurricanes, given the nature of how they form and what fuels them.  The part that isn't crystal clear (at least in some of the people's minds; I've personally been finding the evidence more and more compelling the more I see) is whether or not that global warming is something, firstly, that humans are even responsible for at all and, secondly, that humans can easily stop just through cutting greenhouse gas emissions or what have you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies