Bush has a fake photo op (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:50:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bush has a fake photo op (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush has a fake photo op  (Read 2729 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: September 03, 2005, 08:52:15 PM »

Levee repairs were faked in a Bush photo op. Words fail me that the President would interfere with the actual relief effort to get himself a photo op.

http://landrieu.senate.gov/~landrieu/releases/05/2005903E12.html

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 10:06:24 PM »

There's more. The Bush visit also grounded all the helicopters. Clearly Lousiana would have been a lot better off if Bush hadn't gotten in the way of the relief operations to have his stupid photo op.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.nola.com/weblogs/print.ssf?/mtlogs/nola_Times-Picayune/archives/print076556.html
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 10:07:17 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2005, 10:08:55 PM by jfern »

Why all the new Louisiana avatars?

To show solidarity.  It's also I-LA for all of us to show this is not partisan solidarity.  Of course, jfern fittingly retained his red colour when switching avatars.  Everything in his world is partisan.

I show solidarity for the little man, and people like Huey Long, who stand up for them. This requires me to attack people like Bush who ed up the hurricane response. Compare it to the Florida 2004 hurricane response.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/9/3/22934/38396

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 10:09:45 PM »

There's more. The Bush visit also grounded all the helicopters. Clearly Lousiana would have been a lot better off if Bush hadn't gotten in the way of the relief operations to have his stupid photo op.

http://www.nola.com/weblogs/print.ssf?/mtlogs/nola_Times-Picayune/archives/print076556.html

So you complain when he doesnt go to Nawlins, and then you complain when he does?  Good job.

I complain when he interfers with the relief efforts. What part of that is too complicated for you to understand?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 11:08:35 PM »

Wow, some no-bid Halliburton contracts. This government is not my government.  the scumbags.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/04/politics/04halliburton.html
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 11:21:13 PM »

Wow, some no-bid Halliburton contracts. This government is not my government.  the scumbags.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/04/politics/04halliburton.html

Wow, according to the article. 

I had no idea Bill Clinton was involved with KBR.  He was president during most of that period.

As to this not being your government, the only thing I can say is THANK GOD.  We don't need a glacial wasteland where the USA use to be.

The Halliburton scandals happened under this adminstration.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 11:22:18 PM »

Levee repairs were faked in a Bush photo op. Words fail me that the President would interfere with the actual relief effort to get himself a photo op.
This doesn't match what Mayor Nagin or Senator Vitter said (both on New Orleans television).

Link?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2005, 11:25:05 PM »

BTW, in case people would like to read more about this, there's more information here.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/9/3/201754/2484
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005, 11:28:07 PM »

The Halliburton scandals happened under this adminstration.
KBR was providing the same services in Bosnia that it was in Iraq.  It is helping set up the refugee shelters in Houston.

Great, but the scandals happened under this adminstration.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005, 11:44:32 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2005, 11:49:03 PM by jfern »

http://landrieu.senate.gov/~landrieu/releases/05/2005903E12.html

intelligent words fail you regularly.  you have a pretty louisiana avatar?  you ever been to louisiana?  have you ever waited inside for a hurricane to pass over?  you ever set down with a bunch of poor illiterate folks who smell and look so differently than you that you aren't quite sure what to say to them?  do you ever know what the f uck you are talking about?   

"this government is not my government" you say.  when you grow a pair of balls as big as the people who laid down their lives in insurrection to give you a country, you can say that with dignity.

Bush has a pile of sh**t heaped on him during his presidency.  even his predecessor, whom I respect and who probably took office while you were still in diapers, will tell you that.  it isn't words that fail you, it's the capacity to use them intelligently.   First, there was nothing "fake" about his photo opportunity.  Thousands of US citizens (he is the head of state, in case you've forgotten) have perished of a natural disaster.  Secondly, Mr. Nagen, the mayor of New Orleans, was very clear that after his meeting with the President, he was assured that the president had a greater understanding of the current needs of the people of New Orleans.  Third, Ms. Landrieu is hanging on, politically, by a thread, and will attempt to use, as you do, this natural disaster, in a politically expedient way to further her own career.  If it happens to be the case that she can affix the blame of 18th century engineering on her political opponents in order to make her look good by comparison, she will.  This is what politicians do.

I don't exactly understand the source of your bitterness, but you seriously need help, you sick bastard.  I needn't remind you that YOU were among those who bitched and whined about money constantly being transferred from the "blue" states to the "red" states.  (the majority of these whiners were democrats.  very odd, since the democrats are the ones who claim to be "liberals")  And now, you are bitching because money isn't being transferred from the "blue" to the "red" states fast enough. 

people are dying of disease and starvation, IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY, and a perusal of this forum tells me your immediate reaction is to assess how well you can use it to for your own party's gain.  you'll make a good lawyer one day.  that is, if your apparently delicous foot and your inability to discriminate between legitimate news sources and propaganda doesn't keep you out of law school.

I never had a problem with neccessary spending like the hurricane and flood money for New Orleans that the Bush adminstration had cut. However, that doesn't mean that I support $231 million bridges to nowhere in Alaska.

My response when there is a horrible failure at the top of how the federal response is handle is to attack the people who failed. I want compentent rulers in this country. Is that too much to hope for? If Bush had done the job that he had done for the hurricanes in Florida in 2004 when he needed their votes, I would not be bitching.

It's sad that you don't seem to care that the Lousiana relief efforts were sacrificed for Bush's photo op.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2005, 11:50:47 PM »

I never had a problem with neccessary spending like the hurricane and flood money for New Orleans that the Bush adminstration had cut. However, that doesn't mean that I support $231 million bridges to nowhere in Alaska.

Could you please point out where any of what you said has ANYTHING to do with what angus said?

It was obviously a response to this sentence.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies