McGreevey Forbidden from receiving communion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:59:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  McGreevey Forbidden from receiving communion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: McGreevey Forbidden from receiving communion  (Read 19412 times)
Aaron
Divine Wind
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2004, 12:31:21 PM »

Why, because I think people should be held responsible for thier actions? You don't know the first thing about Chistianity. Christ only forgives those that want to be forgiven, not those that support anti-Christian behavior without remorse.

Er... I think I know a little bit about Christianity seeing as I base my moral and political beliefs on it...
Hatemongering is Unchristian.
---
BTW exactly who will be saved is a complex theological debate going back hundreds of years... Look at the different predestination theories.

First of all, whatever Unitarian beliefs you have are not Christian.

Following Christian teaching is not hatemongering.

Predestination(the version to which I am sure you are reffering) is a heretical Protestant theory to which I do not subscribe

1) I am not a Unitarian (I'm a Methodist)
2) Hatemongering is not Christian teaching.
3) Predestination is not heretical (I'm not sure if it's right or not though) and Protestantism is not heretical.

1) Just as bad
2)Once again, following Chuch doctrine is not hatemongering.
3) Predestination rejects free will( Catholic doctrine), and therefore is heretical. Protestantism rejects many Christian teachings and is heretical

Sectarian bigot

If faithful Catholics are sectarian bigots, then I'm guilty as charged! Smiley
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2004, 12:36:20 PM »

I am not for excommunicating Giuliani, but am I do support denying him communion

Why do you support excommunicating McGreevey, but you do not feel the same way towards Giuliani?  Their stance on abortion in exactly the same.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2004, 12:37:22 PM »

Go away and read the Bible...
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2004, 12:39:15 PM »

I would imagine you're talking to aaron.
Aaron
Divine Wind
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2004, 12:39:46 PM »

I am not for excommunicating Giuliani, but am I do support denying him communion

Why do you support excommunicating McGreevey, but you do not feel the same way towards Giuliani?  Their stance on abortion in exactly the same.

Giuliani is not trying to defy anybody or make a political statement. McGreevey has come out publicly and has said the church is wrong.
Aaron
Divine Wind
Rookie

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2004, 12:41:30 PM »

Your the one who bases your "moral and political beliefs" on something you don't understand.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2004, 12:46:13 PM »

Your the one who bases your "moral and political beliefs" on something you don't understand.

I understand it
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2004, 12:46:52 PM »

Now you guys see why I stay away from religion?  Look at the hatred it causes.
Aaron
Divine Wind
Rookie

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2004, 12:49:45 PM »

I understand it

If you understand the Bible then you would have a problem with people like McGreevey.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2004, 12:50:31 PM »

I'm through here...you two go rip each other's heads off.
Duke Fan
Rookie
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2004, 12:57:47 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2004, 12:58:20 PM by Duke Fan »

Aaron, are you completely brainwashed?

BTW, where are you in Virginia? I'm in Lynchburg
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2004, 01:22:46 PM »

I understand it

If you understand the Bible then you would have a problem with people like McGreevey.

I don't like McGreevey anyway... but banning him from communion is wrong...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2004, 01:24:12 PM »

Aaron, are you completely brainwashed?

BTW, where are you in Virginia? I'm in Lynchburg

Welcome back, Duke Fan!
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2004, 01:33:41 PM »

The Church can do whatever it wants....
ElCidGOP
Rookie

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2004, 10:23:00 PM »

I knew this Newark cop who told me that McGreevey used to attend gay sex orgies when he was the mayor of Newark, New Jersey.  He swears it.  So, if true, its a double whammy, he loves aborting babies and he loves gay sex.  No communion for him.  The priesthood, maybe, but no communion.  
ElCidGOP
Rookie

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2004, 10:28:10 PM »

I knew this Newark cop who told me that McGreevey used to attend gay sex orgies when he was the mayor of Newark, New Jersey.  He swears it.  So, if true, its a double whammy, he loves aborting babies and he loves gay sex.  No communion for him.  The priesthood, maybe, but no communion.  

OK, I guess I let my Jr. Member status go to my head.  I was way out of line with the above post.  Plus, he was never the mayor of Newark.  He was the mayor of Woodbridge.  I can't stand him.  
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2004, 11:01:33 PM »

you're an offensive idiot
ElCidGOP
Rookie

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2004, 01:13:23 PM »

you're an offensive idiot

Senator Harry, sorry, I was out of line with that post.  As soon as I wrote it, I wish that I hadn't.  

I do hate McGreevey though.  Its one thing to sit in your house as a Catholic and have your beliefs about being pro-choice.  Entirely another to campaign on the abortion issue, use it to garner votes, accept massive campaign contributions from Planned Parenthood, Emily's List, NARAL etc.  Those organizations are funded in part from the money that women spend on abortions.  Abortions aren't free, I would imagine that the scared women who walk into the abortion clinics pay hundreds of dollars to have their baby aborted.  Some of the money goes to the clinic to pay the staff, some goes to the corporate PParenthood and some of that makes it to political candidates.  As a good Christian, I find abortion repulsive and an abomination.  I could never in good conscience, support any candidate who is pro-choice.  Someone like Rudy G., otherwise qualified, would lose my vote over the abortion issue.  My litmus test is, if a candidate can't say "I am pro-life" then that guy ain't getting my vote.  
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2004, 02:41:07 PM »

Why, because I think people should be held responsible for thier actions? You don't know the first thing about Chistianity. Christ only forgives those that want to be forgiven, not those that support anti-Christian behavior without remorse.

Er... I think I know a little bit about Christianity seeing as I base my moral and political beliefs on it...
Hatemongering is Unchristian.
---
BTW exactly who will be saved is a complex theological debate going back hundreds of years... Look at the different predestination theories.

First of all, whatever Unitarian beliefs you have are not Christian.

Following Christian teaching is not hatemongering.

Predestination(the version to which I am sure you are reffering) is a heretical Protestant theory to which I do not subscribe

1) I am not a Unitarian (I'm a Methodist)
2) Hatemongering is not Christian teaching.
3) Predestination is not heretical (I'm not sure if it's right or not though) and Protestantism is not heretical.

1) Just as bad
2)Once again, following Chuch doctrine is not hatemongering.
3) Predestination rejects free will( Catholic doctrine), and therefore is heretical. Protestantism rejects many Christian teachings and is heretical

Sectarian bigot

What Al (the fellow Methodist Smiley) said.

I went to a Catholic wedding once.  It was really sweet and touching (I almost got a little teary because of a combination of my hormones, the setting and the traditionalist way of doing it, and the fact that the bride was my favorite cousin Smiley), except for the fact that my mom (a former Catholic) told me not to go up to recieve communion because she thought she remembered they didn't give it to non-Catholics.

Sheesh.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2004, 02:59:34 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2004, 03:00:50 PM by Senator Harry, PPT-Senate »

I went to a Catholic wedding once.  It was really sweet and touching (I almost got a little teary because of a combination of my hormones, the setting and the traditionalist way of doing it, and the fact that the bride was my favorite cousin Smiley), except for the fact that my mom (a former Catholic) told me not to go up to recieve communion because she thought she remembered they didn't give it to non-Catholics.

that is correct about Communion.

and fellow Catholics will think this quite signifant--I was confirmed today.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2004, 03:04:43 PM »

that is correct about Communion.

and fellow Catholics will think this quite signifant--I was confirmed today.

Congrats Smiley
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2004, 05:50:48 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You're not Catholic if you believe that. That's actually heresy you're saying.

Yes he is. If he doesn't like something the church says and so simply goes against it, he's against the church, and therefore not in communion. He's heretical.

Yes, Rudy Giuliani isn't truly a Catholic, and neither are most nominal Catholics today.

And yes, being pro-choice is very much so a sin. Being pro-choice is equally as bad as being pro-holocaust.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2004, 05:53:15 PM »

You're not Catholic if you believe that. That's actually heresy you're saying.

I meant that I wouldn't support denying communion to anyone who is Catholic.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2004, 05:55:30 PM »

Well, yes. You cannot deny sacraments to CATHOLICS, but Kerry is not Catholic; he's excommunicated (anyone who supports abortion with full knowledge of Chruch teachings is automatically).
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2004, 06:06:45 PM »

Well, yes. You cannot deny sacraments to CATHOLICS, but Kerry is not Catholic; he's excommunicated (anyone who supports abortion with full knowledge of Chruch teachings is automatically).

funny that you'd say that when you just on another board encouraged capital punishment to be more common--it too has been condemned by the church.
we should all try to be less judgmental.
and if Kerry wants Communion, it should be given to him--God can decide what to do with him, but we should not
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies