You people are filled with nothing but hate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:40:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  You people are filled with nothing but hate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: You people are filled with nothing but hate  (Read 5309 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 04, 2005, 01:30:30 AM »

This goes out to the jferns, the scoonies, the miss catholics.  And it goes out to all the liberals who feel the same way but lack the guts to say it.  And it goes out to everyone outside the Forum who loves DU, Kos, and Dean.  You people are sickening, and are filled witho nothing but hate.

Americans have wroked for 200 years to build a civil society, and you sniveling bastards are trying to tear it all down.  And why?  Just to get Bush.  Because you couldn't beat him at the ballot box and you don't have the votes to impeach.  You've tried forging documents, you've tried name calling, you've tried pinning Abu Ghraib on him, and you've sicked defunct ambassadors and grieving moms on him.  It has been an endless stream of attacks, meritless, thoughtless, and yes, hateful attacks.

When an American loses their job, dies in war, has their house wiped out by a hurricane, you rush to jump on Bush.  Meanwhile, decent people rush to help out regardless of whether they're Republican or Democrat.  Decent people rush to help.

I've not been the President's best friend here or off line.  I've had many disagreements on key issues.  But I've always tried to keep my attacks on George W. Bush above the belt, stickng to policy, and only attacking where the facts were on my side.  I hold that same standard to my attacks on Democrats, trying to stay away from invective, steering clear of conpsiracy theories.  And I've certainly never suggested, as one poster here did in another thread, that national Democratic politicians were taking personal delight in the deaths of Americans anywhere.

I want to single out some Democrats and liberals here who haven't indulged in this, because I certainly don't want to paint all Democrats in a corner with jfern and scoonie.  People like Alcon, Al, True Democrat, Emsworth, and so many more there's no time to name them have been big enough and mature enough to stand in solidarity with the people affected by the disaster in Louisiana and Mississppi.  But I'm afraid that most Democrats are not as intelligent, fair, or informed as so many here.  On the street I see most Democrats are hate filled, people twisted by anger, without respect for the office of the President of the United States.  Most Democrats are more a miss catholic than they are a Justice Ben.

Thread after thread, devoted to blaming the president for the weather!  Literally blaming the President for natural disasters, as if signing Kyoto would undo hundreds of years of carbon emissions and cool the oceans down so there won't be hurricanes any more!  The President is the  first to declare a disaster area before a storm makes landfall, and he's accused of sitting around doing nothing while Americans die!  This is lie filled, hateful rhetoric.  Its not that this kind of nonsense has never happenned before in America, its just never happenned on such a scale to such an extreme.

Btw, the national Weather Service says that there are no more cat 4 and cat 5 hurricanes today than any other recent decade, and fewer than when hurricanes peaked in the 1940s (Did Republicans blame FDR for hurricanes?  I pretty sure they didn't.)

Again, thank you to all the Democrats who've not resorted to this kind of bullsh**t, and shame on those who have, you hate filled little ers.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 01:37:46 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2005, 01:39:49 AM by jfern »

I'm filled with hate because I'm pointing out how the feds screwed up the disaster relief? Listen, Bush did a good job with the hurricanes in Florida right before the election, but he was a complete failure with Hurricane Katrina.

New Orleans was specifically mentioned as the most probable of 3 major diasasters in a 2001 FEMA report (A NY terrorist attack and SF earthquake were the other two). The Bush adminstration massively cut New Orleans's hurricane and flood related spending from $105M to $40M recently. Clearly we need to start preparing for a SF earthquake so that we can at least be ready for 1 out of 3 of those on that list.

Really, it's time for a President who doesn't make stupid comments like "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees".
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 01:44:03 AM »

I'm filled with hate because I'm pointing out how the feds screwed up the disaster relief? Listen, Bush did a good job with the hurricanes in Florida right before the election, but he was a complete failure with Hurricane Katrina.

New Orleans was specifically mentioned as the most probable of 3 major diasasters in a 2001 FEMA report (A NY terrorist attack and SF earthquake were the other two). The Bush adminstration massively cut New Orleans's hurricane and flood related spending from $105M to $40M recently. Clearly we need to start preparing for a SF earthquake so that we can at least be ready for 1 out of 3 of those on that list.

Really, it's time for a President who doesn't make stupid comments like "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees".

Case in point.  Three paragraphs, not a word of condolence for the inoocent people in Mississippi who've lost everything, nothing but anger at George Bush.

Out of curiosity, what is your evaluation Kathleen Blanco, who refused to address the looter issue early on in this effort?

And you're bringing up some FEMA report from four years ago.  If a President reads every report from every agency in government, he'd be a disaster because he'd do nothing but read endless reports.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 01:47:46 AM »

Case in point.  Three paragraphs, not a word of condolence for the inoocent people in Mississippi who've lost everything, nothing but anger at George Bush.

I obviously sympathize with them and the large number of New Orleanders who have suffered a worse fate.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
There are far greater problems than looting right now. Some of the looters were actually cops getting food and water.

The 3 biggest potential diasasters were clearly stated. 2 of those have become a reality thanks to a President who makes stupid comments about levees.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 01:49:18 AM »

Both my parents voted for Bush last year, they both think Bush completley screwed this up & the federal response was a complete disgrace.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 01:54:50 AM »

Both my parents voted for Bush last year, they both think Bush completley screwed this up & the federal response was a complete disgrace.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 01:55:05 AM »

Whatch how easy it is to let this degenrate into an insane and hateful conversation.

Democratic Mayor Nagin left these school buses in a parking lot while his citizens drowned.  The buses were to be used in any evacuation plan, but nagin never activated them.  Therefore, Nagin is incomeptent and responsible for those deaths.

This is so easy to find errors amid chaos, like I do above.  This is certainly a more greivous error than anything Bush did.  But it wasn't caused by callousness or stupidity, it was caused by chaos, and in cahos bad things happen.. I'm willing to leave it at that, are you?

Great, so your parents are whiny and annoying too.  Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 02:01:22 AM »

Whatch how easy it is to let this degenrate into an insane and hateful conversation.

Democratic Mayor Nagin left these school buses in a parking lot while his citizens drowned.  The buses were to be used in any evacuation plan, but nagin never activated them.  Therefore, Nagin is incomeptent and responsible for those deaths.

This is so easy to find errors amid chaos, like I do above.  This is certainly a more greivous error than anything Bush did.  But it wasn't caused by callousness or stupidity, it was caused by chaos, and in cahos bad things happen.. I'm willing to leave it at that, are you?

Great, so your parents are whiny and annoying too.  Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.

Yes, there were some problems that weren't Bushes fault like the fact that 80% of the NOLA police left, and so couldn't be used to help evacuate people. That still doesn't change the fact that a lot of people could have been rescused after the hurricane hit who weren't thanks to a disaster of a federal response.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 02:06:06 AM »

Well said John. People like jfraud are simply human trash who should be disregarded. Remember, hindsight is twenty-twenty and I seriously doubt anyone, especially jfraud or his pals, could've done any better than Bush. Especially since jfraud would've kept the helicopters at New Orleans NAS and at Pascagoula so they could respond faster.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 02:12:59 AM »

The troops needed to be down there quicker.  Their is no excuse for it taking four days to get the troops down to New Orleeans

The FEMA response was absolutley horrible.  You have someone heading FEMA who has NO DISASTER EXPOERIENCE, he is a friend of Bush though.  What kind of inept decision is it to hire a friend who has no experience in a VERY IMPORTANT position like the head of FEMA???
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 03:53:55 AM »

The troops needed to be down there quicker.  Their is no excuse for it taking four days to get the troops down to New Orleeans

The FEMA response was absolutley horrible.  You have someone heading FEMA who has NO DISASTER EXPOERIENCE, he is a friend of Bush though.  What kind of inept decision is it to hire a friend who has no experience in a VERY IMPORTANT position like the head of FEMA???

More bullsh**t from Smash.  Blanco refused to fill out the paperwork to bring troops in.  This was a stupid problem to have, but if you really want to go here we can.  I'm willing to say it was chaos and that no one meant harm, but apparently some Democrats aren't willing to let it stay at that, so fine, let's do the partisan bullsh**t, and you can come up wiith a defense of why Blanco didn't give the Federal government legal authority to use troops.

Are you willing to drop that point?  Because I sure as hell am.  Or do you enjoy turning tragedy into flame war?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005, 04:13:23 AM »

More bullsh**t from Smash.  Blanco refused to fill out the paperwork to bring troops in.  This was a stupid problem to have, but if you really want to go here we can.  I'm willing to say it was chaos and that no one meant harm, but apparently some Democrats aren't willing to let it stay at that, so fine, let's do the partisan bullsh**t, and you can come up wiith a defense of why Blanco didn't give the Federal government legal authority to use troops.

Are you willing to drop that point?  Because I sure as hell am.  Or do you enjoy turning tragedy into flame war?

Listen you ing Bush apoligist, It was your sorry excuse for a President that ed this up.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/texassouthwest/stories/DN-katmilitary_04tex.ART.State.Edition2.423ce84.html

STFU already.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2005, 04:27:17 AM »

Has it crossed your mind that you might be every bit as filled with hate as those you denounce?  That you are little more than a mirror image of them across a supposed political spectrum in which both extremes see everything through the skewed lens of trying to defend their side and attack the other?

There has been a catastrophic failure at all levels of government to deal with this disaster appropriately.   To believe that any of the individuals involved in the failure to plan and respond appropriately should be immune to critisism simply due to party affiliation is absurd.

Yes, the mayor and governor messed up too.   So did Bush in downgrading FEMA and placing an unqualified bureaucrat in charge of it as a political favor.   There's plenty of blame to go around.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2005, 05:42:31 AM »

I must say that I’m often puzzled by some liberal Dem “hatred” of Bush and the GOP.

I’ve never hated the guy, indeed I believe him to be a personally decent and honourable man, hell if he actually drank I’d much rather go for a drink with him than Kerry or Gore.

But that doesn’t take away from my belief that he’s not an exceptional president, all be it that at times he’s done expertly, but more importantly for the most part his administration has shown breathtaking incompetence and inefficacy on a number of issues… this makes me want to vote him out sure, it also makes me want to oppose some of his and the GOP initiates at the federal and state level It does not make me ‘hate’ him, I hate Hitler, Bin Laden, the Saudi Royal Family… I don’t hate a decent guy who I happen to disagree with on some issues.

Now when it comes to Katrina, there are one person and one organisation who really didn’t do all the could and they are the Department of Homeland Security and the Mayor of New Orleans… now the nature of our government means that the President must take responsibility for the actions of a federal department and he has and is now doing pretty much all he can, meanwhile the Mayor of New Orleans, who’s breathtaking incompetence and inaction made his city even more vulnerable to Katrina and magnified the disaster is blaming anyone but himself and that is a stark contrast.

In situations like this there are no Republicans or Democrats, just Americans with D by their name and Americans with R by their name… Haley Barbour a lousing governor IMHO but that doesn’t stop me from saying he has been doing an excellent job as best he can with the powers he has to hand (even Rick Perry has been quick in his reaction), the same goes for Senator Mary Landrieu who may be the only person to come out of this with an enhanced reputation… Governor Blanco between the failures of the Mayor of New Orleans and the Department of Homeland Security, is, after a slow start, doing all she can and doing it well, meanwhile Vitter is no where to be seen, though he can’t be said to have failed in any major way.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2005, 06:52:04 AM »

I'm not filled with hate, but I am filled with bemusement and anger. It's been SIX BLOODY DAYS. I started off DEFENDING Bush. Now, I will happily join in the chorus; he ISN'T doing enough, neither is Blanco, or Negin, or Landrieu, or any of the ing politicians.

Benm-whilst this is an american tragedy, the people of Australia and the world also share your emotions. Perhaps not as starkly, but our strongest sympathies are forwarded to the people of New Orleans and the region, and the USA in general-just don't mention friggin' gas prices Wink
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2005, 07:59:47 AM »

Is Don being just as bad and insensitive to those effected by Katrina as Jfern, Smash, and the rest of them when he says liberals are a bigger threat to America than natural disasters?
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2005, 09:40:15 AM »

He's right, of course. I dislike Bush and have never voted for him or supported him in any capacity, except verbal defense from hyperbolic leftist propaganda.

Some leftists, like jfool, are totally consumed by Bush hate. It's like a virus that now controls their every thought, like the Hypno germs in Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Really quite pitiful. Totally devoid of rational thought, simply puppets controlled by kos and atrios and all the other crazy leftist bloggers.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2005, 09:52:42 AM »

To be fair, most of the Democrats have not expressed the type of mindless hate put forth by jfern.  He is the absolute worst, with "MissCatholic" or whoever he/she is a close second.  Jfern uses the direct attack approach, and has all the subtlety of a battering ram, while "MissCatholic" uses sly, horrendously flawed logic to get her malevolent approach across.

But as I said, I don't see much of this from most Democrats, so I don't think it's fair to attack them wholesale.  But what John said is definitely true of certain people.

It's sad to see people so consumed by hate that it controls their every thought.  As I've said elsewhere, that type of hate says a lot more about the hater than the object of the hatred, and none of it is good.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2005, 10:44:32 AM »

Bush is an incompetant moron who can't do sh!t right and he completely botched this up resulting in the deaths of thousands of Americans. There is no reason he should not be bashed for that.

So I repeat:

BUSH IS AN INCOMPETANT MORON

This is no different from what you guys would be doing if Carter was president as you say the exact same things about him.

I will NEVER support Bush. NEVER NEVER NEVER.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2005, 10:56:28 AM »

Well, first of all, I have not been hugely critical of Bush or Blanco.  Both made mistakes, but they were not the major mistakes.

I don't fault Nagin for venting.  I understand it.  His city is under water.

I do strongly blame Nagin for his actions before and after Katrina struck.

If he really was concerned about poor people, why didn't he provide the buses for them?  NOLA had the fleet of buses there.  Neither the state nor the feds did.  Bush asked him to make the evacuation mandatory prior to the storm.  There would still be a huge problem or housing them, and if Bush and Blanco failed, I'd be critical of them.

Once there was a problem, why wasn't Nagin there, coordinating everything.  Why didn't he know that city officials were directing survivors to the Convention Center.  You can't blame FEMA, unless FEMA is the group directing the people.  The second it began excepting refugees, that information should have been given to Nagin and sent through him to FEMA a second later.  He was in Baton Rouge, venting.

I'm sorry to be critical, but this is where the system failed and the avoidable problems occurred.

And then there are the unavoidable problems.  There was no way to move the elderly, the disabled and their caregivers out.  Looking at the blogs, these are the people that stayed and died.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2005, 11:06:02 AM »

This goes out to the jferns, the scoonies, the miss catholics.  And it goes out to all the liberals who feel the same way but lack the guts to say it. 

Your arrogance is truly amazing.

I said on a previous thread three days ago that I wouldn't politicize the hurriance, and I haven't.

You don't know a damn thing about me. You are just another anti-American egomaniac who thinks all dissent should be stifled. 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »

I'm a little disappointed I didn't get a mention in Ford's post.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2005, 11:11:01 AM »

This goes out to the jferns, the scoonies, the miss catholics.  And it goes out to all the liberals who feel the same way but lack the guts to say it. 

I said on a previous thread three days ago that I wouldn't politicize the hurriance, and I haven't.

You don't know a damn thing about me. You are just another anti-American egomaniac who thinks all dissent should be stifled. 

I'm going to rise to Scoonie's defense here.  He has not politicized the hurricane in any way.  To lump him in with jfern, MissCatholic, BRTD and the others who have taken this tragedy as an opportunity mindlessly bash Bush is incredibly unfair.

I'll also say that Scoonie's last paragraph is unwarranted, but understandable considering the baseless attack on him.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2005, 11:16:40 AM »

I'm going to rise to Scoonie's defense here.  He has not politicized the hurricane in any way.  To lump him in with jfern, MissCatholic, BRTD and the others who have taken this tragedy as an opportunity mindlessly bash Bush is incredibly unfair.

I'll also say that Scoonie's last paragraph is unwarranted, but understandable considering the baseless attack on him.

I have to say I didn't see Scoonie say anything, but then I haven't read all that garbage.  I also didn't see BRTD say anything until now.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2005, 11:37:13 AM »

The whole post hurricane relief effort was a failure on the part of every level of government from the top to bottom and vice versa. 
It stretches from the citizens who did not heed the evacuation order and an opportunistic criminal element,  the city government who failed to get the citizens out of the city, a large number of the police department that walked off the job, the state government lack of a clear plan and the federal government not realizing the magnatude of the crisis until it was too late.  It appears that this has been an across the board failure.  One should also note and salute the people who have been out their helping to rescue and bring aid to people.  There are many people who have been working non stop to help the situation and are far too busy to wring their hands and monday morning quaterback.  The mission right now should be to help those in need and assigning blame for the bureaucratic foul upo can wait.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies