Are hot female illegal immigrants a bad thing?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:50:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are hot female illegal immigrants a bad thing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ot female illegal immigrants a bad thing?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Are hot female illegal immigrants a bad thing?  (Read 2034 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 05, 2005, 01:45:46 PM »

No they are not. I can understand saying so for male or not good looking ones, but how can anyone argue that Miss Mexico who KillerPollo used to have in his sig coming to the US would be a negative?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 01:51:03 PM »

Can't answer, the question is too broad. If they cause trouble and leech, doesn't matter how good looking they are, it's bad. On the other hand if they just want to work and are willing to respect our laws(aside from moving here illegally) then they're ok.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 01:54:01 PM »

If I ran a country (like the hypothetical Republic of Minnesota) my policy on immigration would be that any girl deemed good looking by the immigration agency could earn citizenship by working 2 years in the (government ran and socialized) strip clubs, and yes I am 100% serious.

Everyone else has to go through the standard measures.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 01:58:07 PM »

Why discriminate based on a subjective concept?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 02:01:16 PM »

It's not any more subjective than what classifies as a "qualified worker"

For example Canada grants special work visas to foreigners who can work in industries that need more workers. There was recently a huge controversy when strip clubs started using these to import strippers from Eastern Europe. But I certainly have no problem with that.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 02:02:15 PM »

All illegal immigrants are disgusting trash who should be returned to their country. Then again, you don't care because they don't effect you.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 02:03:34 PM »

Impossible to answer.  People who are hot don't carry around cards that signify that they're hot; it's a question whose answer will vary from person to person.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 02:05:02 PM »

That's all you care about, eh BRTD? How hot a woman is, how sexy a woman is. I pity you.

Maybe everyone could get plastic surgery and face-lifts and sneak through your pathetic system. Besides, the hotness of someone is completely subjective and obviously, a hot-looking Black woman might have to go through the Standard Procedures because you don't think that she's hot, even if someone else does. Same goes for a hot-looking Asian woman that you personally don't find attractive.

What the saner people said, basically.

EDIT: I might add - if you asked a female version of you, she would probably say the exact opposite. That is, screw the hot female illegal immigrants and let in hot male illegals.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 02:05:39 PM »

All illegal immigrants are disgusting trash who should be returned to their country. Then again, you don't care because they don't effect you.

or you for that matter.

However Minnesota does have illegal immigrants, mostly hired by giant farming corporations down south and bused up here to work on their superfarms.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 02:08:40 PM »

Wrong fool. Illegals leach off even PA's welfare system and rip me off when I pay state income tax. Of course, then there is the migrant worker's kid who brought a gun to my high school during a basketball game and almost shot the place up. Fool
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 02:10:07 PM »

It's not any more subjective than what classifies as a "qualified worker"

Don't be stupid (because you're not), of course it's more subjective than that. It's a lot of other things as well (but Everett has already pointed those out)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Something I don't approve of generally speaking; get them from Newfies or Cape Breton instead or have open borders. I don't like cherry picking...

Are you suprised that people objected to that?

Roll Eyes
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 02:10:35 PM »

All illegal immigrants are disgusting trash who should be returned to their country.

^^^
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 02:11:01 PM »

Maybe everyone could get plastic surgery and face-lifts and sneak through your pathetic system.

No way, I hate fake looking women like that. Besids anyone who could afford all of that isn't the type to become an illegal immigrant anyway.

Besides, the hotness of someone is completely subjective and obviously, a hot-looking Black woman might have to go through the Standard Procedures because you don't think that she's hot, even if someone else does. Same goes for a hot-looking Asian woman that you personally don't find attractive.

largely true, I admit that I don't really find black women attractive usually (I've only gotten one lapdance from a black stripper, and like Beyonce, she looked more like a white women with black skin than a black woman) but that's why I'd support some sort of diverse panel to decide this. It's not really much different from deciding if someone is a qualified worker.

I might add - if you asked a female version of you, she would probably say the exact opposite. That is, screw the hot female illegal immigrants and let in hot male illegals.

Probably true, I guess I'll be egalitarian and apply it to both genders.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005, 02:11:54 PM »

Wrong fool. Illegals leach off even PA's welfare system and rip me off when I pay state income tax. Of course, then there is the migrant worker's kid who brought a gun to my high school during a basketball game and almost shot the place up. Fool

So then how can you say they don't affect me? PA is no closer to the border than Minnesota.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005, 02:16:20 PM »

The subjectivity is already a major problem. I don't personally find Latinas very attractive; therefore, should they be excluded from getting these special privileges?

Another thing - just because someone is hot doesn't mean that the person is competent enough to work and function as a productive citizen. I know of many people like that - very attractive, yes, but also very ditzy and incompetent. I would rather hire someone who's a bit less "attractive" and who is experienced than someone who's cute but dumb. Furthermore, if you are really that desperate for hot female illegal immigrants, how about moving to the country/countries where they would be coming illegally from?

Lastly, I thought that Democrats were against discrimination. So I'll quote someone here and leave it at that for now...

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2005, 02:21:13 PM »

Are you suprised that people objected to that?

I'm not suprised but it shouldn't be a problem, like it or not strip clubs are a part of the economy and you can't just exclude them like that. The strip club in my city is actually rather important to the local economy (for reasons that would take too long to get into, but let's just say that the city council will never try to shut it down).

I most certainly don't see how this is worse than say trying to get people to work for the tobbaco industry, as strippers do not produce a cancer causing addictive product.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2005, 02:31:04 PM »

Uh huh...

So is the Mafia

Why not? I'm sure you'd object to the Mafia exploiting such Visa and Guest Worker programmes, wouldn't you?

Then the economy of your city must be a complete basket case

So the Mafia are involved then?

But they are a cancer on society
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2005, 02:36:47 PM »

Do you hate cheap food dumbass?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2005, 02:45:38 PM »

The Mafia aren't legal.

As said above, they aren't legal.

No, it's a college town with a strip club known as the best in southern Minnesota. This means that people from the parts around the city do come by and might also spend money at gas stations or fast food, plus it gives college kids another place to hang out, and the reputation as a party school means more students come here, etc. If it closed down the local economy wouldn't collapse overnight, but in 10 years there'd be a different.

No, we just have a very liberal city council who see no reason in trying to shut down a business which is quite helpful to the city.

In what way? I don't see it that way at all, having talked to quite a few (including outside the club before actually), I can say that most strippers are actually quite nice people and usually more friendly, tolerant and less hateful than the types constantly protesting strip clubs and trying to shut them down. Even my parents agree, when they said they wouldn't care at all if I married a stripper as long as she was a nice person.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2005, 03:13:31 PM »

So? They're part of the economy (a much bigger part than strip clubs for sure)

In otherwords a complete basket case

*blinks*

How much money does it bring to the city? How much does it pay in business rates or whatever? I somehow doubt it's a crucial lynchpin to it's economy...

Which would explain the basket-caseness

I'd have thought that'd be easy enough to work out
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2005, 03:21:35 PM »

So? They're part of the economy (a much bigger part than strip clubs for sure)

it's pretty obvious if the government is going to help businesses out, it should be only legal one.

perhaps in the sense that college students usually don't have lots of money I suppose. But the liquor stores and bars certainly aren't struggling.

*blinks*

How much money does it bring to the city? How much does it pay in business rates or whatever? I somehow doubt it's a crucial lynchpin to it's economy...

I obviously don't know the numbers (although probably quite a bit considering how packed it was during Vikings training camp), but the simple fact is if you make the city less friendly to college students, less will come, and that's less money.

Whatever the case I once heard a radio ad for a place saying it was "right next to Mettler's" which is the strip club, meaning that enough people know where it is for it to be considered a reference point. And I'm sure most people know of it, and have no problems with it. It's actually right next to my chiropractor's office, and several attorneys.

Which would explain the basket-caseness

I'm not sure what you mean

I'd have thought that'd be easy enough to work out

I don't see why, since most strippers are nice and friendly people and much nicer than the Robertson/Falwell types condeming them.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 03:25:48 PM »

I agree that sexual appeal is a subjective aesthetic, however I think BRTD is on the right track.  Simply admit females under 21 on an unlimited basis, 21-30 based on if they can get sponsorship by an employer in a strip club or brothel, and females above 30 or males, no admittance.. or perhaps only admit such undesirables upon payment of a large fee.. lets say $20,000.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2005, 03:35:55 PM »

it's pretty obvious if the government is going to help businesses out, it should be only legal one.

But then why should the Mafia be illegal? Afterall if you think the the government aiding strip clubs is a good idea... where do you draw the line?
Besides by aiding strip clubs you aid organised crime anyway...

perhaps in the sense that college students usually don't have lots of money I suppose.

So that's a yes then?

Not suprising at all. But that doesn't mean the economy isn't a basket case.

Quite a bit from your point of view or from the point of view of city finances? I strongly suspect the former.

What a miserable trap the city is in then

So everyone who doesn't want a strip club in their town or street or whatever (and that's most people) is a Robertson/Falwell type?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2005, 04:50:44 PM »

But then why should the Mafia be illegal?

because they partake in illegal activities obvious, murder for hire, robbery, extortion, racketeering, etc. I doubt anyone thinks these should be illegal.

Besides by aiding strip clubs you aid organised crime anyway...

Not neccesarily. There's very little organized crime in my town unless you count providing alcohol to minors, in which case the strip club does not do this at all considering it's the only bar in the city I've been carded to every single I've been there.

Depends on what you mean by that. Going by raw statistics, my cit is relatively poor. Because the students drive the income down. However since most of us are also somewhat reliant on our parents, that's not a huge problem. And most of the families and nonstudents are in no such economic conditions, hell we were ranked one of the best small cities in America to raise a family.

This site certainly doesn't imply an economic basket case: http://www.greatermankato.com

So it depends on what you mean exactly.

Quite a bit from your point of view or from the point of view of city finances? I strongly suspect the former.

well from my perspective yes. But no one business will make up a majority of a city's finances unless the place is VERY small.

I will say this: I am sure that the weekend Vikings training started the night I was there from 10-midnight the strip club was generating more revenue than any other business in town during that time period.

What a miserable trap the city is in then

See here: http://www.greatermankato.com/community-home.php

The fact is any college town relies on its university primarily for the economy. It's not suprising. So the city makes it more livable for students (another way in doing this is by being soft on underage drinking and illicit parties)

Does this make it miserable for the families and non-students? If what the link above says is true, obviously not.

everyone who doesn't want a strip club in their town or street or whatever (and that's most people) is a Robertson/Falwell type?

There's a strip club in South Dakota I've never been to but my friends have. It's located literally in the middle of nowhere. The nearest town is 3 miles away, and it has about 300 people. It still gets picketed constantly, and there are always campaigns to try to force it to close.

Since it's not close to any residential area, that's obviously not the issue. I'll assume it's the Robertson/Falwell types at work.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies