Progressive Union Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 02:22:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Progressive Union Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Progressive Union Party  (Read 5818 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2018, 12:21:34 AM »

Oakvale, while not a man I agree with very often, was shut down in his presidential campaign in a coordinated effort by the Federalist party because he dared to threaten the internal power structure.

The October primary campaign was unfortunate in the depths that it reached and I really wish that it could have been avoided. But I have long made it my policy to protect Federalists from unfair smearing or targeting. This was consistently applied by the leadership, when it benefited Oakvale in early December.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 12:22:03 AM »

The elevation of YoungTexan to the senate was not on "merits". He was elevated to the senate because the power brokers in the Federalist party wanted to reward him for his loyalty to their corporate machine. YoungTexan is a bombastic buffoon who rewarded his buddies in the Texas oil industry with rivers of cash flows during his tenure as Secretary of Interior. Who knows what lobbyists he will lavishly reward as Senator of the Great Southern region. He could have at least rewarded his region in Lincoln.

If we have an oil industry lobby, they are woefully ineffective considering they couldn't stop the carbon tax.
Someone should absolutely start an Atlasian oil lobby. I'm not sure how that would work in practice, but it would be very interesting from a gameplay standpoint.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 12:28:56 AM »

The elevation of YoungTexan to the senate was not on "merits". He was elevated to the senate because the power brokers in the Federalist party wanted to reward him for his loyalty to their corporate machine. YoungTexan is a bombastic buffoon who rewarded his buddies in the Texas oil industry with rivers of cash flows during his tenure as Secretary of Interior. Who knows what lobbyists he will lavishly reward as Senator of the Great Southern region. He could have at least rewarded his region in Lincoln.

If we have an oil industry lobby, they are woefully ineffective considering they couldn't stop the carbon tax.
Someone should absolutely start an Atlasian oil lobby. I'm not sure how that would work in practice, but it would be very interesting from a gameplay standpoint.

It is not that complicated.

1. Start a thread
2. Create a List of demands/priorities
3. Get a large number of people to sign up
4. Leverage the membership to force action by politicians

Essentially, a pressure group.

I did it in 2013/2014, with The Counter Movement of the Flying Squirrel in reaction to the National Movement Aliya Mustafina. lol dated references to the 2012 Olympics
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 09:29:55 AM »

It's good to see people standing up to the Federalists but why create a new party? There are many progressive parties already and they should form a strong United front against the Federalists(which tbh I sort of hoped this was)

Standing up against what? I know it's fun to act like we're "Trumpists" and you can #resist us but it makes no sense in the context of reality Tongue
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 03:49:06 PM »

It's good to see people standing up to the Federalists but why create a new party? There are many progressive parties already and they should form a strong United front against the Federalists(which tbh I sort of hoped this was)

Standing up against what? I know it's fun to act like we're "Trumpists" and you can #resist us but it makes no sense in the context of reality Tongue
Huh Did I miss Pericles calling you a Trumpist in his post?

Actual question: in your opinion, is there a legitimate reason for anyone to not be a Federalist? I ask because y'all seem to have laid claim to every ideological position from the far-right to the center-left, and the running narrative appears to be that everyone should just join your party. As much as I appreciate the irony of an Era of Good Feeling where the Federalists are ascendant, it seems a little weird, though perhaps that's just me. Tongue
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2018, 09:43:33 PM »

X dfwlibertylover
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2018, 08:54:01 AM »

Welcome comrade.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2018, 11:59:42 PM »

Friends, Comrades, etc. I believe it is time to make the Atlasian Left electorally significant again. Labor is in collapse with no real leadership as the Federalists continue to dominate in almost every way and are on the verge of ruling all three regions in the next few months if nothing else changes. I believe it is time for me to make my return in GOTV and recruiting terms and have settled on the Progressive Union Party (PUP for short) as they match all of the values I seek to exhibit in this game and elsewhere. We need a fresh and new party to take back control and make the Atlasian Left really competitive in elections. I know there is distrust given how much I have moved around parties the past several months (although to be fair, my positions have also been slowly moving left) and the fact that I was a key figure in making the federalists dominant last year. I have come to correct this mistake as I no longer agree with a number of positions exerted by the federalists nor the overall pandering (granted they originally adopted that from me, although I stopped by the Fall of 2017.) I believe we need to have a convention and other things like that, adopt rules, etc. And then we need to RECRUIT! RECRUIT! RECRUIT! It is time to make Atlasia active, competitive, and above all, fun again!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2018, 10:24:01 PM »

I'm back to being active on Atlas and in Atlasia at the moment right now, and this looks pretty interesting. I guess the Federalist's tent couldn't stay too big for too long. But I'm mainly posting to say that I'm skeptical of DFW, but a bigger part of me trusts him. I think.

Good luck to the new party, maybe your membership will be in the double digits by the end of the month.
DFL

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2018, 01:01:18 AM »

I'm back to being active on Atlas and in Atlasia at the moment right now, and this looks pretty interesting. I guess the Federalist's tent couldn't stay too big for too long. But I'm mainly posting to say that I'm skeptical of DFW, but a bigger part of me trusts him. I think.

Good luck to the new party, maybe your membership will be in the double digits by the end of the month.

DFW promised the same thing to Alliance then ditched, so...
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2018, 02:53:26 AM »

You guys were moving way too slow and don't have a future beyond reform, once the reform is achieved, then what will happen? Nothing much, the party will have to disband because it will not have a purpose anymore, this is exactly what I told wxtransit, I know he wants to form his own right wing party once Alliance has achieved its goal and I would expect that you would likely do the same on the left once the goal was achieved. It's a noble goal but I need to do what I need to do now, not later on in 2018 or beyond, the expansion of the left is needed now, not a temporary reform party, that is exactly why I was forced to leave Alliance to achieve this end.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2018, 11:31:37 PM »

*signs in*
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2018, 11:39:09 PM »

You guys were moving way too slow and don't have a future beyond reform, once the reform is achieved, then what will happen? Nothing much, the party will have to disband because it will not have a purpose anymore, this is exactly what I told wxtransit, I know he wants to form his own right wing party once Alliance has achieved its goal and I would expect that you would likely do the same on the left once the goal was achieved. It's a noble goal but I need to do what I need to do now, not later on in 2018 or beyond, the expansion of the left is needed now, not a temporary reform party, that is exactly why I was forced to leave Alliance to achieve this end.

I CANNOT CONFIRM OR DENY ANY OF THE ABOVE STATEMENT.

(jk)

If anyone is wondering, I have and always will be 100% committed to Alliance to the end. No right-wing party on my radar.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2018, 08:50:55 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2018, 08:56:06 PM by DTC »

Great news everyone. Progressives had a strong showing in the weekend in the South, despite a history of Federalist dominance.

Peebs (Peace) came fairly close to beating diptheridian in a surprise election.

Razze (Peace) and weatherboy (Labor - who later decided to join Progressive Union) won in the southern chamber of delegates, and DTC (Progressive Union) tied with Bagel (Bagel then proceeded to drop, making the Fed majority only 4-3 in the Southern Chamber).

No one expected the progressive force in Atlasia to have a surprisingly strong showing in the South. But clearly some people are annoyed with the status quo.

Next step:
- Continue recruiting
- Start organizing for future elections

Here's our Discord (anyone can join): https://discord.gg/wEcJX8v
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2018, 08:52:56 PM »

What's your February presidential ticket? And DTC did you receive my message(reply to it directly not here please)?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2018, 08:55:47 PM »

What's your February presidential ticket? And DTC did you receive my message(reply to it directly not here please)?

(Funny how I just PM'd you when you made this post. Tongue)

We won't make a challenge in the February presidential ticket. Fhtagn is a strong, reasonable candidate with bipartisan support and our party is only in its infancy.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2018, 09:35:15 PM »

I am officially joining the Progressive Union Party.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2018, 04:13:42 PM »

I am now a member of the Progressive Union Party.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2018, 05:00:31 PM »

Welcome new members. Smiley

Where should we hold our convention?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2018, 05:04:56 PM »

Milwaukee or Minneapolis?
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2018, 05:16:24 PM »

Nominating two places:
Greenville, SC: mostly because it is a special place to me, but also because of the great nature areas around the city, especially Falls Park.
Louisville, KY: to have a spot about equidistant from our supporters in the South and Lincoln.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2018, 08:12:18 PM »

Nominating two places:
Greenville, SC: mostly because it is a special place to me, but also because of the great nature areas around the city, especially Falls Park.
Louisville, KY: to have a spot about equidistant from our supporters in the South and Lincoln.
Go Louisville!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2018, 08:24:47 PM »

I move to nominate Pittsburgh, PA.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2018, 08:28:51 PM »

I move to nominate St. Louis, MO.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2018, 08:33:40 PM »

I will now join the Progressive Union Party.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies