Pacific Legislature Official Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:42:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Legislature Official Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 73
Author Topic: Pacific Legislature Official Thread  (Read 260861 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: November 14, 2010, 05:21:05 AM »

What the hell are all these reactionary bills ? Huh
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1326 on: November 14, 2010, 09:24:09 AM »

Ebowed FTW. Grin
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1327 on: November 14, 2010, 01:39:08 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2010, 03:48:23 PM by realisticidealist »

What the hell are all these reactionary bills ? Huh

Ebowed's bills don't count as they aren't serious. Other than that, there have been all of two bills that you could possibly include under the banner of 'reactionary'; one is currently passing, plus there is the one I just proposed.

As for the one I just introduced, in what world is it possibly a good idea to pay for every abortion by every woman in the Region with public money? Look, I know this is a liberal region, and I understand the reasons that it is very pro-choice, but I can't understand why we would want to be so in favor of abortion that we publicly fund it in all situations.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1328 on: November 14, 2010, 06:57:55 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2010, 07:05:40 PM by Pacific Justice Mr. Fuzzleton »

I'm introducing this bill. I honestly can't believe this crap is on the books.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

X realisticidealist

Approved as constitutional if passed.  

Although I personally disapprove of it. 
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1329 on: November 14, 2010, 07:37:42 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2010, 12:50:51 AM by Pacific Justice Mr. Fuzzleton »

Pacific Freedom of Association Bill

1. No person shall be denied the right to discriminate against another person in employment or in the provision of public services, including accommodations, whether on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status outlined in statute or otherwise.
2. This law explicitly may not be interpreted to allow 'affirmative action' programs, which will remain illegal.

Pacific Protection of the Public Safety Bill

1. All statute limiting the power of the government and law enforcement to apprehend those who have consumed or are in possession of cannabis, whether for recreational, medical, or any other purpose, shall be repealed.
2. Any person found to be in possession of any amount of cannabis shall be required to serve a minimum of six months in prison, with a sentence not to exceed one-hundred years.
3. Any person found to be selling, distributing, or cultivating cannabis shall be required to serve a minimum of five years in prison, with a sentence not to exceed death.

We should also look at banning abortion, as a way of addressing the disparity between incarcerated men and women.

The Pacific Freedom of Association Bill has been ruled as unconstitutional, for it violates the government's right to "insure domestic tranquility"-(Constitution, Preamble).  Allowing verbal abuse (discrimination) in a persons legal place of employment diminishes domestic tranquility, thus the bill cannot be passed.  

The Pacific Protection of Public Safety Bill has also been ruled unconstitutional, for the bill allows for a person to be jailed to up to 100 years because of marijuana possession.  As Pacific Justice,  I officially define this sentence as a form of "cruel and unusual punishments"-(Pacific Constitution, Aricle 3, Clause 8 ).  The bill cannot be passed.    

lol

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #1330 on: November 14, 2010, 09:46:29 PM »

I thank the Justice for his observations.  In lieu of quadrupling the prison rolls, I will work on legislation to abolish socialized schools to help save this fair region some hard earned cash.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1331 on: November 15, 2010, 12:12:27 PM »

I'd like to draw your attention to the voting on the Intra-Regional Mobility amendment. Please vote!

Personally, I'll be opposing this - it may be well-intentioned, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions - it'll clutter the registration thread, and the objections of two RGs past and present show my worries have some credibility, I think. Smiley
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1332 on: November 15, 2010, 01:29:34 PM »

I'd like to draw your attention to the voting on the Intra-Regional Mobility amendment. Please vote!

Personally, I'll be opposing this - it may be well-intentioned, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions - it'll clutter the registration thread, and the objections of two RGs past and present show my worries have some credibility, I think. Smiley

Firstly, Fritz did NOT object to it as R.G., as I clearly remember pointing out to you the last time around when you made this claim. That's why it easily got passed in July.

Secondly, as I said, this amendment was ALREADY PASSED in July into the old constitution. and was in force for three months. Armageddon did not break out in the registration thread, so your objections are clearly unfounded.

All this amendment does is restore a policy that was already on the books for three months but was accidentally left out of the new constitution. It has been endorsed by Purple State, Marokai Blue, Badger, and Kalwejt, none of whom have any personal reason to support anything I have proposed.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1333 on: November 15, 2010, 06:24:49 PM »

Constitutional.  It may be passed.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1334 on: November 16, 2010, 09:31:29 AM »

Firstly, Fritz did NOT object to it as R.G., as I clearly remember pointing out to you the last time around when you made this claim. That's why it easily got passed in July.

Secondly, as I said, this amendment was ALREADY PASSED in July into the old constitution. and was in force for three months. Armageddon did not break out in the registration thread, so your objections are clearly unfounded.

All this amendment does is restore a policy that was already on the books for three months but was accidentally left out of the new constitution. It has been endorsed by Purple State, Marokai Blue, Badger, and Kalwejt, none of whom have any personal reason to support anything I have proposed.

FYI, I support it too.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #1335 on: November 16, 2010, 10:27:49 AM »

We might as well write a new Constitution if this is going to keep up.Tongue
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1336 on: November 16, 2010, 06:49:52 PM »

Do we have any budgetary reports on hand?  Just wondering. 
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1337 on: November 16, 2010, 07:06:51 PM »

Do we have any budgetary reports on hand?  Just wondering. 

Actually, if I remember correctly, we haven't had a budgetary report since Bgwah was governor (hell, it might've been even longer that that, we might've not had one ever since John Ford)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1338 on: November 16, 2010, 07:13:06 PM »

It would be fairly easy to just directly edit the amendments into the main Constitution page, rather than having a separate section for each amendment, if a cluttered/confusing Wiki page inspired your comment.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1339 on: November 17, 2010, 09:18:39 AM »

It would be fairly easy to just directly edit the amendments into the main Constitution page, rather than having a separate section for each amendment, if a cluttered/confusing Wiki page inspired your comment.

What I meant was the sudden influx of these amendments and repeals.  But that's actually a good idea, I'll look into that sometime.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1340 on: November 17, 2010, 09:48:06 AM »

Oops, sorry guys, internet access has been patchy at best for the last few days.

So, voting's closed on Jbrase's bill -

And, unless my addition skills have really gone to hell, it's passed with a vote of 4 in favour, 3 opposed, and I'll now sign it into law.

X Oakvale

As for the We Miss You Act, the vote is an exact tie of 3 in favour, 3 opposed. Just to save us having to vote again or whatever, I'll just let you all know that I'd, sadly, have vetoed this if it had passed. Wink

Fun times in the Pacific, incidentally - the Lieutenant Gov. and I have been working on yet more annoying Constitutional stuff which I/we will be rolling out shortly. Tongue
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1341 on: November 17, 2010, 11:05:51 AM »

Fun times in the Pacific, incidentally - the Lieutenant Gov. and I have been working on yet more annoying Constitutional stuff which I/we will be rolling out shortly. Tongue

Shh.  Don't spoil the surprise.Wink
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1342 on: November 20, 2010, 12:06:12 AM »
« Edited: November 20, 2010, 12:08:39 AM by Pacific Justice Mr. Fuzzleton »

As I searched though the archives of stature passed I found nothing concerning the ownership of weapons, which is why I wrote this bill to propose to the Legislate.  

Sorry if it sounds a bit choppy, but it's better than nothing. 

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #1343 on: November 20, 2010, 05:19:48 AM »

*signature*
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1344 on: November 20, 2010, 05:27:46 AM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1345 on: November 20, 2010, 06:29:10 AM »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1346 on: November 20, 2010, 10:37:24 AM »

That was quick! Smiley

Okay, why not? Voting is now open on the Ban of Automatic Weapons Act, and will remain so for one week.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1347 on: November 20, 2010, 11:19:43 AM »

Nay

Quote from: Restricted
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1348 on: November 20, 2010, 11:23:38 AM »

Nay

Quote from: Restricted

It doesn't say what kind of firearms though.

This is only banning automatic firearms, not handguns and hunting rifles. 
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1349 on: November 20, 2010, 11:24:13 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies