Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 08:44:57 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  Pacific Legislature Official Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 73 Print
Author Topic: Pacific Legislature Official Thread  (Read 164567 times)
Scottish Robb Stark
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: August 31, 2010, 04:35:41 am »
Ignore

Aye

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 31, 2010, 08:56:48 am »
Ignore

Shouldn't the amendment specify who will officially be responsible for elections if not the Lt. Governor?

oakvale
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: August 31, 2010, 01:37:30 pm »
Ignore

Shouldn't the amendment specify who will officially be responsible for elections if not the Lt. Governor?

In practice I've noticed the Governor usually ends up doing so, but if it's a problem I'll tack on a clarification to another amendment at some later date.

realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: 2.78

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 31, 2010, 04:20:28 pm »
Ignore

Aye.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: September 02, 2010, 06:10:29 pm »
Ignore

Now, is anyone gonna explain how to log in to the Wiki?

"Human beings are not much. But they may still be much more."
oakvale
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: September 03, 2010, 09:22:19 am »
Ignore

You need to PM Dave to get wiki priveleges, if you haven't done so already. Wink

Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: September 04, 2010, 11:05:35 pm »
Ignore

Does anyone have a list of elected officials for the Pacific since 2008?  I'm kinda stumped on this one...Sad

Update:  Just spent the night updating all the missing articles on the Statute.  I also found one intriguing Law that I don't think has been repealed.

Pacific For the Children Act of 2006
Sponsor: Alcon (Technically proposed by Gabu)
Passed: 5-0-0, April 2nd, 2006
1. All residents of the Southeast will be recognised by the Pacific Regional Government as "Bubba."
2. In the unlikely event that the Southeast ever gets a female resident, she will be referred to as "Bubba Phyllis."
3. The Pacific Regional Government henceforth considers the Southeastern Region to be an island, surrounded by water on all four sides.
4. June 3rd, previously Jefferson Davis Day, will now be recognised as Day of Pale White Men with High Cheekbones.
5. The current Southeastern Governor, and all subsequent Southeastern Governors, will be declared the State Tree of all states in the Pacific Region.   Southeastern Lt. Governors will be declared the State Squaredance.
6. The penalty for breaching of this act is social ostracisation and ten minutes of freakishly high-speed community service.
7. The Southeast is the worst region ever and really should take a bath and implement water chlorination or something.
8. All Southeasterners are communists.
9. The Southeast no longer borders the Pacific via Texas, because that would just be really icky to be that close to the Southeast.
10. The Southeast is not allowed to retaliate for anything because the Pacific is rubber and the Southeast is glue and whatever they do bounces off of us and sticks to them.
11. The Pacific Region is officially declared the best region ever.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 03:45:37 am by Pacific Lt. Gov The Doctor »Logged

--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: September 05, 2010, 04:19:18 pm »
Ignore

You need to PM Dave to get wiki priveleges, if you haven't done so already. Wink

Ugh... I requested an access to the wiki like 4 times before he finally responded.

So don't be overoptymistic Tongue
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: September 05, 2010, 04:52:45 pm »
Ignore

Ugh... I requested an access to the wiki like 4 times before he finally responded.

So don't be overoptymistic Tongue

I already got in.  That's why there are no more invalid links on the Pacific Statute Article.Cheesy

bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: September 06, 2010, 05:31:19 pm »
Ignore

abstain

Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: September 06, 2010, 09:37:55 pm »
Ignore

abstain

Seriously?  You don't want me to have more work? Tongue

oakvale
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: September 07, 2010, 08:19:23 am »
Ignore

Unless I'm much mistaken, that's a week, so voting on this amendment - the 8th Amendment to the Pacific Constitution, to be precise, is concluded.

The amendment requires a two-thirds majority to pass, it has:

6 ayes,
1 abstention,

The proposed amendment has passed, becomes part of the regional Constitution.

X Oakvale

Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: September 07, 2010, 07:36:20 pm »
Ignore

Anybody know how to edit the Pacific Citizens List table?  Unlike the other regions, ours has been added in through some other page.  Also, does anyone know how to edit the little widget on the bottom with all the links to the various Pacific Articles?

oakvale
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: September 10, 2010, 07:11:13 pm »
Ignore

Rest assured that although I have randomly registered in the wilds of Alaska, it's really a moot point since I'm presumably living where my offices are, our capital of San Francisco, as opposed to my "home" state. Tongue

Anybody know how to edit the Pacific Citizens List table?  Unlike the other regions, ours has been added in through some other page.  Also, does anyone know how to edit the little widget on the bottom with all the links to the various Pacific Articles?

I wish I could help, but I'm frankly useless at all matters wiki. Sad

I'd suggest looking at the FAQs for Wikipedia, maybe? I don't know.

MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: September 20, 2010, 02:04:48 am »
Ignore

For the little "widget" at the bottom of Pacific pages, it is at Template:Pacific. To add it on a page, type {{Pacific}}.

For the voter list, it is in the Template:voter list pacific.
The list in itself is made by templates, one for each voters, following the format Template:Voter XXX.
Like Template:Voter Alcon or Template:Voter MaxQue.

There is probably a way to do a normal table instead of that silly mess. I could look that if you ask me (or just copy another region list and change names).
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: September 20, 2010, 09:17:36 pm »
Ignore

For the little "widget" at the bottom of Pacific pages, it is at Template:Pacific. To add it on a page, type {{Pacific}}.

For the voter list, it is in the Template:voter list pacific.
The list in itself is made by templates, one for each voters, following the format Template:Voter XXX.
Like Template:Voter Alcon or Template:Voter MaxQue.

There is probably a way to do a normal table instead of that silly mess. I could look that if you ask me (or just copy another region list and change names).

Thanks!  But do you know how to edit the template itself?  I mean I could just bypass everything by making it simpler but where's the fun in that?

oakvale
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: September 25, 2010, 05:30:17 pm »
Ignore

Oh, look, another random Constitutional amendment. Yes, I'm aware we tried this before, back in the mists, of time, but there's a few key differences this time around which should make the position worthwhile - if nothing else, hopefully some entertaining constitutional crises will occur. Tongue

Establishing the position of "Pacific Justice"

Whereas there is currently no constitutional overview of laws passed by the legislature,

1. The position of Pacific Justice is hereby established.
2. The Pacific Justice shall be appointed by the Governor for a life term, and subject to confirmation by a plurality vote of the Pacific legislature.
3. The role of the Justice will be as follows:

- To automatically review each piece of legislation passed by the legislature to confirm whether it is constitutional in accordance with the Constitution of the Pacific region. In the event that the Justice finds the legislation in question unconstitutional, the law in question will be struck down.

o The Justice may, in addition, ask the legislature to modify the legislation in question to   bring it in line with the regional Constitution, before it is passed, subject to the discretion of the Justice.

- To refer legislation to the Atlasian Supreme Court, specifically in cases where the legislation in question does not violate Pacific law but does violate federal law.

- To determine whether an elected official has committed unconstitutional offenses. Whether these offenses constitute grounds for impeachment/recall shall, however, remain the decision of the legislature.

4. The Justice may be impeached by the legislature for misconduct in the following way:

1) A citizen may propose that the Justice be impeached.
2) If this petition receives no less than five signatures from other citizens of the Pacific - or, as with legislation, the signature of the Governor - within one week of proposal, it may be voted on by the legislature as with regular legislation and elections.
3) A two-thirds majority shall be necessary for the impeachment petition to be successful.
4) In the event that the impeachment process is successful, the Justice shall immediately cease to hold office, and the Governor must name a replacement, again subject to confirmation by plurality vote of the Pacific Legislature.

5) Vaguely-relatedcaveat-to-clarify-something-from-the-Eight-Amendment:

The Governor shall be responsible for supervising all elections in the Pacific, and tallying the votes in such. If the Governor's integrity or objectivity comes under question, the Justice may ask the Governor to relinquish this duty, and supervise the election his/herself.

X Oakvale

BTW, this my current version of the bill, but I'm not married to it - I'm more than willing to tweak it to make it more acceptable if this version fails to pass. Smiley

And, naturally, I stick with my promise to introduce a ton of blatantly illegal bills if this position is created, in an effort to create some activity in this place. Tongue

EDIT: Oh yeah, uh, voting's open now and will continue for a week.

oakvale
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: September 26, 2010, 05:38:31 pm »
Ignore

Stunningly, I'll vote Aye.

oakvale
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: September 30, 2010, 10:02:27 am »
Ignore

The hotbed of activity that this vote has been (Tongue) has convinced me it's probably good idea to assemble some kind of list of active Pacific voters I/we can PM whenever something actually happens.

It also strengthens the case for an elected legislature, I think. Wink

Oh, and voting is still open if anyone wants to vote for the hell of it. I mean, it would be nice if it passed with 100% of the vote, but when there's only one vote that's not so impressive.

I understand though, that this thread isn't the most active around, so it makes sense that people generally overlook it. We need a regional board.

Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: September 30, 2010, 06:00:29 pm »
Ignore

Aye.

bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: September 30, 2010, 06:11:16 pm »
Ignore

I don't think there's really any need for change here. There isn't a lot for the regional officials to do already and creating a third position seems like a move in the wrong direction to me. I'm going to vote nay for now. Tongue

oakvale
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: September 30, 2010, 06:12:41 pm »
Ignore

I don't think there's really any need for change here. There isn't a lot for the regional officials to do already and creating a third position seems like a move in the wrong direction to me. I'm going to vote nay for now. Tongue

Rest assured I'll introduce a blatantly unconstitutional bill every day if the post is created. Wink

But seriously, we can always get rid of the position in a few months if it ends up a disastrous failure, so it shouldn't be a problem either way. Smiley

Ebowed
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -8.32, S: -9.30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1222 on: October 02, 2010, 02:56:24 am »
Ignore

Nay

...anyone who says our society must force people to expose themselves to those of the opposite sexual orientation, is not decent.

So you mean if we force the gay to be exposed to the straight, we are treating the gay indecently?  Because you didn't specify which direction the hate was supposed to go there, Black Beans.
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 02, 2010, 03:07:41 am »
Ignore

Aye.

My justification is: Why not? Tongue

oakvale
YaBB God