People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:29:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Strongly Disagree

Disagree

Agree

Strongly Agree

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce?  (Read 14883 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« on: September 09, 2005, 01:09:11 PM »

You're correct in saying it's not fair on that child, because it's not fair in the slightest.  But like I said, natural selection will eventually put a stop to that particular bloodline's continuation.

Except in areas such as Africa where people actually have to be capable of surviving to survive, natural selection does not really occur in the human race anymore.

Reluctantly agree since some form of selection is necessary to ensure our survival as a species.

My definition of a serious inheritable disability is the following:
1. A disability that has an 80% or greater chance of being inherited.
2. A disability that will place a severe burden on the state/healthcare services in caring for the offspring. By severe, I mean near constant medical procedures to keep them alive and/or a substantially reduced intelligence (and I'm talking much lower than Naso/Josh22 levels here) that means that the state/healthcare services must care for them for effectively their entire lives.

Before I'm asked, methods of enforcement will need to be statutory neutering, as in vasectomy or tubal ligation, preferably reversibly since we may one day be able to "cure" the disability.

Jake, a hysterectomy is not the same as tubal ligation - a hysterectomy is a major operation that involves the removal of the entire womb in most cases and is usually only performed to treat cancer these days.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 11:47:21 AM »

Would bipolar disorder and body dysmorphic disorder be considered inheritable disabilities?

Ah, I reckon so....

Neither of these conditions require an effective lifetime commitment by the state to look after the afflicted, nor is there a high chance that inheritance will take place.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies