SAM News Corp. Comment and Debate thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:27:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SAM News Corp. Comment and Debate thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SAM News Corp. Comment and Debate thread  (Read 20423 times)
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« on: September 28, 2005, 02:14:06 PM »

Emsworth, if you don't mind me asking, why are you an Independent Liberal, and not a member of the Constitutional Union Party? 
I have always viewed social freedoms as more important than economic ones. I am strongly in favor of the ILP's stress on social liberty. Furthermore, I would not like to abandon the party which has supported me, and has elected me its chairman.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 01:20:06 PM »

The resolution merely acknowledged the fact that Joe Republic had been certified as the winner of the election. The Secretary of Forum Affairs had already declared him President-Elect; the Senate usurped no power, abused no authority.

There was no other certification. The first declaration of the result, as was obviousl and apparent, was not a certification at all.

Were the resolution urged by Joe Republic or Defarge, then I can see the cause for complaint. But as it so happens, it was not.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 01:27:53 PM »

Thats not what you were saying at the time.
I had no desire to shoot myself in the foot by commenting on what seemed like debatable point. But ultimately it became quite evident that the first certification was not deemed valid.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 03:57:05 PM »

I think that we might have been a little too harsh to the President and PPT. They have not ignored their jobs; on the contrary, they seem to be doing quite well. In particular, I feel that it is somewhat unfair to criticize Joe Republic as a "Do-Nothing President." After all, he has been proactive and has introduced a scheme to help newly registered voters.

At the same time, it is undeniably true that the Senate's pace has slackened. The Senate's affairs have become somewhat disorganized due to the lack of a notice board. The GM makes some very valid points in this regard.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies