Atlas fantasy elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:12:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlas fantasy elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
Author Topic: Atlas fantasy elections  (Read 33261 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2004, 09:44:31 PM »

And proud of it.

Only 4 members have been here longer than I/me:

Migrendel
Nym90
nclib
jmfcst

Scratch migrendel and jmf off that list.  They are no longer active.

I'm no. 3

Let's get Nym90 in here to straighten you out. Smiley
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2004, 10:01:04 PM »

Ah, the joys of the Internet.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #252 on: December 28, 2004, 10:03:01 PM »

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2004, 10:03:16 PM »

And proud of it.

Migrendel
Nym90
nclib
jmfcst

I'm no. 3

He's too nice, he wouldn't do that.  Nclib in non-confrontational too.  JMF was scary but he left.  So I'm scared of nobody no more.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2004, 10:04:43 PM »

And proud of it.

Migrendel
Nym90
nclib
jmfcst

I'm no. 3

He's too nice, he wouldn't do that.  Nclib in non-confrontational too.  JMF was scary but he left.  So I'm scared of nobody no more.

You are only scared of people who registered before you on an Internet message board? That's certainly an interesting outlook on life. Wink
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2004, 10:07:53 PM »

I can't say I'm scared of anyone on this forum either, so there you go.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2004, 10:11:42 PM »

Well you should be
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #257 on: December 28, 2004, 11:43:50 PM »

No one gives a sh**t how long you've been a member Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2004, 11:57:51 PM »

Well you should be

OOOOOOOOH SCARY YOU REGISTERED BEFORE ME

I don't respect my elders and I'm proud of it. Smiley
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #259 on: February 19, 2006, 11:02:10 AM »

This is where we started, folks.  This is where it all began.

We've place far too much time and effort into this stupid game to just scrap it.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #260 on: February 19, 2006, 11:15:24 AM »

This is where we started, folks.  This is where it all began.

We've place far too much time and effort into this stupid game to just scrap it.

It also shows how far away it has came from its roots. While I was not a participant back then I feel nostalgic Sad
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2006, 11:20:06 AM »

*shrug*  I participated in a full US Government sim (3 branches, parties, etc.) with about 150 people and was the Republican (and Libertarian) nominee for President.  Problem was that the thing was very time consuming and you had some real screwballs cause everybody could join.   It gets addicting and really is purposeless.
So in other words, lets NOT turn this into a sim - I kinda enjoy the low-pressure discussion here.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2006, 08:59:44 AM »

*shrug*  I participated in a full US Government sim (3 branches, parties, etc.) with about 150 people and was the Republican (and Libertarian) nominee for President.  Problem was that the thing was very time consuming and you had some real screwballs cause everybody could join.   It gets addicting and really is purposeless.
So in other words, lets NOT turn this into a sim - I kinda enjoy the low-pressure discussion here.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2006, 06:37:49 PM »

So this is how it all started. Interesting. This is a very good example of the massive changes in the evolution of a meme.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #264 on: July 20, 2008, 01:25:28 AM »

Bump.

The "good old days" were...different.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #265 on: July 20, 2008, 07:10:39 AM »

Read thread on your own, no need to bump them.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #266 on: February 26, 2012, 08:03:28 PM »

I know I'll probably get in trouble for bumping this, but this is just magical. Reading through this thread is like...it's like a history lesson in this game. I dunno. I'm like half asleep right now though.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #267 on: February 27, 2012, 08:34:34 AM »

This is pretty incredible indeed.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #268 on: September 04, 2020, 09:56:24 AM »

I like how this is how the game started.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #269 on: September 04, 2020, 10:15:27 AM »

I know I'll probably get in trouble for bumping this, but this is just magical. Reading through this thread is like...it's like a history lesson in this game. I dunno. I'm like half asleep right now though.

Some things never change.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #270 on: September 04, 2020, 10:18:48 AM »

I have to say it every 5 months so the arrogant little newbies who are running for president and think they rule the world talk about how somebody told them that I sucked as a chairman and I started harrygate and that was wrong.  How was that wrong?  It helped us electorally.  Alot electorally.  Big electoral help.  We would have won if Nym hadn't vetoed that bill.  Remeber the first election?  How much fun that was?  With my negative ads and stuff?  And the debate?  It was fun.  And you know why?  There were two parties.  Two real parties.  Not jokes like the UAC and the AFIP.  What the hell does AFIP?  I know AF and P but why do we need independence?  Are they damn revolutionaries or something?  Do they like revolutions?  Well call themselve the AFRP.  AF Revolution party.  There would be no UAC without the revolution.  And you know their argument?  "We aint partisans."  In so many words anyway.  Of course they're partisans.  For the longest while they wouldn't even endorse another party candidate.  the AFDNC endorsed those bastards all the time.  EVERY DAMN TIME.  I ENDORSE UAC CANDIDATE iamnotacentrist.  Centrists?  Yeha right.  closing the damn partisan gap.  partisan gaps are good.  partisan gaps are good.  plus they didn't even close it.  it's open as a gate.  Fantasy elections used to be fun.  But now they suck.  You know why?  Because the parties are fake parties.  There is no such thing as the UAC.  No such thing as the AFRP.  And primaries are being help 3 days before the general fricking election.  That didn't happen when I was watching over the AFDNC.  We had the first primary well over 8 weeks before the general, and had a nominee 6 weeks before the general.  That's the way it should be.  Democrats, Republicans.  That's all.  If the libertatians want in fine.  That would be an interesting development.  But the bottom line is, the elections suck now and they are nowhere near my original intentions.

To be honest, this rant from Tweed in 2004 reads like something you could see today Tongue

Just replace the Democrats with Labor, the Republicans with the Feds and the UAC and what not with the modern DA

And I look forward to all these references being outdated when someone bumps this again circa 2028 xD
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #271 on: September 04, 2020, 04:21:27 PM »

I have to say it every 5 months so the arrogant little newbies who are running for president and think they rule the world talk about how somebody told them that I sucked as a chairman and I started harrygate and that was wrong.  How was that wrong?  It helped us electorally.  Alot electorally.  Big electoral help.  We would have won if Nym hadn't vetoed that bill.  Remeber the first election?  How much fun that was?  With my negative ads and stuff?  And the debate?  It was fun.  And you know why?  There were two parties.  Two real parties.  Not jokes like the UAC and the AFIP.  What the hell does AFIP?  I know AF and P but why do we need independence?  Are they damn revolutionaries or something?  Do they like revolutions?  Well call themselve the AFRP.  AF Revolution party.  There would be no UAC without the revolution.  And you know their argument?  "We aint partisans."  In so many words anyway.  Of course they're partisans.  For the longest while they wouldn't even endorse another party candidate.  the AFDNC endorsed those bastards all the time.  EVERY DAMN TIME.  I ENDORSE UAC CANDIDATE iamnotacentrist.  Centrists?  Yeha right.  closing the damn partisan gap.  partisan gaps are good.  partisan gaps are good.  plus they didn't even close it.  it's open as a gate.  Fantasy elections used to be fun.  But now they suck.  You know why?  Because the parties are fake parties.  There is no such thing as the UAC.  No such thing as the AFRP.  And primaries are being help 3 days before the general fricking election.  That didn't happen when I was watching over the AFDNC.  We had the first primary well over 8 weeks before the general, and had a nominee 6 weeks before the general.  That's the way it should be.  Democrats, Republicans.  That's all.  If the libertatians want in fine.  That would be an interesting development.  But the bottom line is, the elections suck now and they are nowhere near my original intentions.

To be honest, this rant from Tweed in 2004 reads like something you could see today Tongue

Just replace the Democrats with Labor, the Republicans with the Feds and the UAC and what not with the modern DA

And I look forward to all these references being outdated when someone bumps this again circa 2028 xD

Now that we are in 2020, seeing "seniors" who registered in early 2004 argue with "newbies" who registered in late 2004 is just so freaking hilarious.

Also:

>the game has existed for only 9 months.

>"I have to say it every 5 months"
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #272 on: September 04, 2020, 09:43:41 PM »

can we please stop tampering with this sacred relic of atlasian history
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]