Worse Barbarian Warlord, FOR REAL!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:46:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Worse Barbarian Warlord, FOR REAL!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worse Barbarian Warlord, FOR REAL!  (Read 3082 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2004, 06:25:38 PM »

This poll includes the real thing: Timur Lenk, who plauged central Asia for a brief, but monstrous period. He gave the word barbarian a whole new meaning. Smiley
ShapeShifter

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 06:33:48 PM »

This poll includes the real thing: Timur Lenk, who plauged central Asia for a brief, but monstrous period. He gave the word barbarian a whole new meaning. Smiley

Get we get background information. Smiley Thanks.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 08:23:54 PM »

I remain unmoved.

I vote for Kahn, both for world's best leader, Asia's most influential leader, and world's worst barbarian warlord.  And I fart in your general direction.  You reveal yourself as a propagandist for Timur!  Fair enough, I reveal myself as a propagandist for Ghengis!  Vote Ghengis Kahn today!  Vote early and vote often!

I have also learned that, like Max Cleland, Timur was Lame.  A filthy and fettid affliction in the left foot, I believe.  
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 06:00:25 AM »

No idea who Timur was, so I voted Attila.

mainly because of the Hungarian Tnnis player called attila, who is a real toughie.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 06:37:21 AM »

I remain unmoved.

I vote for Kahn, both for world's best leader, Asia's most influential leader, and world's worst barbarian warlord.  And I fart in your general direction.  You reveal yourself as a propagandist for Timur!  Fair enough, I reveal myself as a propagandist for Ghengis!  Vote Ghengis Kahn today!  Vote early and vote often!

I have also learned that, like Max Cleland, Timur was Lame.  A filthy and fettid affliction in the left foot, I believe.  

A mere Monty Python quote will not deter me. I will rape and pillage your entire town for no particular reason and laugh at those who think wars are for purposes. As someone once said, make war is not something you should have to do, it's supposed to be fun. Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 04:29:09 PM »

actually, I'm starting to think he is the guy we usually call Tamerlane.  hmm.  Problem with Timur is that he isn't really as well known.  Though, from what I read he was very impressive.  Still, Ghengis Kahn really stands out for his influence.  At his influence was a result of his pillaging.  Also, "strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 04:33:30 PM »

actually, I'm starting to think he is the guy we usually call Tamerlane.  hmm.  Problem with Timur is that he isn't really as well known.  Though, from what I read he was very impressive.  Still, Ghengis Kahn really stands out for his influence.  At his influence was a result of his pillaging.  Also, "strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

Yes, that is correct. Both names are correct, but it appears Timur Lenk is more common on Swedish and other languages, whereas Tamerlane is used by English-speakers.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 02:11:54 PM »

Yes, that is correct. Both names are correct, but it appears Timur Lenk is more common on Swedish and other languages, whereas Tamerlane is used by English-speakers.

OH, it's Tamerlane lol, that makes a lot more sense to me now, never heard him called Timur Lenk.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 07:08:05 PM »

still. KHAN!!!!!!!!!!!
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 07:12:40 PM »

I would have said Tamurlane, but accidentally voted for Ghengis.

Tamurlane was absolutely horrible- not only was he mongol, but he was also muslim.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 05:42:05 PM »

I would have said Tamurlane, but accidentally voted for Ghengis.

Tamurlane was absolutely horrible- not only was he mongol, but he was also muslim.

If this is supposed to be some sort of prejudiced slant against muslims and Mongols, I would have to disagree...I recall that the Mongols were among the most tolerant peoples in religious matters.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2004, 07:25:59 PM »

Well, I didn't mean it like that. Tamurlane had Ghengis Khan's (mongol) cruelty, along with the muslim faith (cruelty).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies