Where was I?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:30:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Where was I?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where was I?  (Read 1346 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 11, 2005, 10:52:04 PM »

I know you don't care what color I am*, but I figured someone might care about where I've been since Friday (or maybe not).  To make a long story short, I had my wisdom teeth out on Friday morning and I've spent the rest of the time between then and now mostly lying in bed, having a diet of liquids and soft foods, and applying ice packs to my cheeks while waiting to stop looking like a chipmunk.

The swelling and consequent pain are still not 100% gone, but they're gone enough that I can get on my computer to make a post about this topic without passing out due to feeling very tired from my painkillers that caused drowsiness (which is a good thing, given that sleeping is never a bad thing in these cases).  I probably won't be completely up to speed until tomorrow, but I figured I could at least make a topic about this for the people who missed me - both of them. Tongue

* It's red, by the way, although we really need a hot fuschia avatar.
Cashcow

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 10:55:25 PM »

I have had that operation. It's truly terrible. Keep your head up when you sleep if possible, you'll feel much better.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 11:00:30 PM »

I had that operation done last year and hated it. I love how everyone told me it was a really simple operation without much pain and it ended up being awful.

The worst was at the beginning when they stuck the IV in incorrectly. It sure was a great way to start things off. Anyway, you should feel like your usual Candian self again around Tuesday.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 11:58:39 PM »

I hated having my wisdom teeth out.  Honestly, it was probably worse for me than anyone else here, since my bottom wisdom teeth had already pretty much grown in and they had to surgically remove them.

I didn't eat solid foods for over a week after it was done.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 12:03:25 AM »

I know you don't care what color I am*, but I figured someone might care about where I've been since Friday (or maybe not).  To make a long story short, I had my wisdom teeth out on Friday morning and I've spent the rest of the time between then and now mostly lying in bed, having a diet of liquids and soft foods, and applying ice packs to my cheeks while waiting to stop looking like a chipmunk.

The swelling and consequent pain are still not 100% gone, but they're gone enough that I can get on my computer to make a post about this topic without passing out due to feeling very tired from my painkillers that caused drowsiness (which is a good thing, given that sleeping is never a bad thing in these cases).  I probably won't be completely up to speed until tomorrow, but I figured I could at least make a topic about this for the people who missed me - both of them. Tongue

* It's red, by the way, although we really need a hot fuschia avatar.

Sounds like me when I had jaw surgery (bone grafting) this summer. Good luck on the recovery.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 12:30:12 AM »

yeah I had mine out about a year ago, and it sucked, so I totally sympathize
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 01:09:45 AM »

Eeesh. I had mine out a year ago. Not a pleasant experience. Angry Glad to hear you're getting better. Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 06:16:47 AM »

*checks wisdom teeth area*

myeh, if they grow out I can just let them be, right? right?

hope you're better soon, Gabu Smiley
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 09:31:15 AM »

Yeah, that procedure does suck, I had it done too.  Couldn't properly open my mouth for about a week after.  It'll get better man.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 03:32:01 PM »

I'm pretty much recovered now, as my fever is gone, my cheeks are just about normal (there still is some very mild swelling, but it is largely unnoticeable), and I have enough energy to make the trek to and from school, but thank you for your well-wishing anyway. Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 03:42:08 PM »

Welcome back, and much sympathy! I've had that done as well, and I mostly remember:

-turning an interesting yellow color on my face due to bruising
-discovering, for the first time, that I'm violently allergic to the prescribed painkiller

So good luck. Smiley
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 05:01:46 PM »

I figured I could at least make a topic about this for the people who missed me - both of them. Tongue

Who's the other one? Cheesy

Hear, hear! Tongue
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 05:29:40 PM »

I didn't murder him, contrary to popular belief.  Canadians like Gabu and I are very peace loving.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies