What type of democrat am i? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:55:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What type of democrat am i? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What type of democrat am i?
Ultra-Liberal Democrat

Liberal Democrat

Populist Democrat

Conservative Democrat

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: What type of democrat am i?  (Read 2058 times)
MissCatholic

« on: September 09, 2005, 11:08:22 AM »
« edited: September 09, 2005, 11:09:57 AM by MissCatholic »

Over the last few weeks, i have been confronted by alot of comments from our friends on the right that i am a ultra-liberal, communist democrat. Now this frustrates me.

I believe that i am a populist democrat. I state things that may seem facts to the readers but are in fact just my opinions. If you take my positions on a range of issues they are not in line with liberals or ultra liberals. The death penalty is acceptable for child molesters. Abortion is wrong and should be prohibited in all circumstances. All people have the right to have a gun as many Americans are forced to police themselves in such a large country. You can't rely on the police. The border is an absolute joke why the authorities can't build a wall or a fence i do not understand.

At the moment, i am supporting Russ Feingold to be the dmeocratic nominee in 2008. He is one of the few senators that said no to the patriot act and rightly so. He is a progressive liberal. but he has the respect of all Americans whatever their philosophy is as he comes up with sensible, thoughful ideas. I originally supported Mark Warner but i am worried with the hype surronding him is the same with John Edwards in early 2004. Evan Bayh would be a great candidate but he may opt for a liberal vp to sure up the base.
I desperately want either Mary Landrieu or Blanche Lincoln to be the vp pick in 2008. they are smart, great debators who think fairly. they have no special intersts groups forcing them to vote this way or that way and they are the people that make me proud to be a democrat.

I am passinate and i express my opinions from my heart not my head.

I look forward to people explaining to me why they think i am a liberal democrat, ultra liberal democrat or communist but if you at my views on the issues i think i am a populist democrat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies