It's Been 4 Years Since 9/11... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:12:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  It's Been 4 Years Since 9/11... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's Been 4 Years Since 9/11...  (Read 5226 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: September 11, 2005, 12:14:15 PM »

After Hurricane Katrina, I started to wonder whether or not the posters on this forum (which I left long ago and very rarely read anymore) would be so low as to inject partisan politics into a national tragedy, so I spent much of the past week reading many of the threads I missed. While many of you on both sides of the political aisle did the honorable thing and put partisan politics aside in talking about the Hurricane, there were, as expected, the usual vermin who engaged in the political version of looting by attempting to score political points at this time of national tragedy.

And so I urge you all to put aside your political ideology for at least the short term and focus on the fact that you are an American

Great!

and our new home is what the wacko left wingers derisively refer to as a "McMansion"

I probably won't be around the forum for more than a day or so since I long ago grew tired of engaging in political debate with 18 year old leftists who know NOTHING about the real world, but it was nice dropping in to say my peace on this special day.

Oh, nevermind.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 12:52:32 AM »

I strongly disagree; I'm not a contemporary of MarkDel, on the board, but his post was excellent.

I agree. My favorite parts were where he said we should forget partisan politics and put that behind us today, and then went on to describe "whacko liberals." Hypocrites can be so funny.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 06:46:07 PM »

I strongly disagree; I'm not a contemporary of MarkDel, on the board, but his post was excellent.

I agree. My favorite parts were where he said we should forget partisan politics and put that behind us today, and then went on to describe "whacko liberals." Hypocrites can be so funny.

Jesus,

I believe John Ford adequately described your inept reading comprehension skills. However, in the sake of bi-partisan agreement, I'll apologize for my reference to "wacko leftists" if you apologize to the forum for being a relentless troll, who has posted on several hundred (thousand?) occasions without ever saying anything that's even remotely probative or intellectually stimulating. And to the Democrat from Minnesota in this thread (who I can only assume is Better Red Than Dead in his latest incarnation) I will say go re-read my original post as John Ford suggested.

Although I would estimate that far less than half of my posts are trollishness and my reading skills are quite fine, I am sorry if I misread your post. But surely you can understand how "And so I urge you all to put aside your political ideology for at least the short term and focus on the fact that you are an American, with a responsibility to help your fellow citizens in time of need, and to do everything in your power to aid ALL government entities, local, state and federal by donating your time, money and energy to help the victims of this disaster. And a small part of that is to shut the  up about politics for at least a few months until everyone is safe, and the dead have been dealt with in a respectful manner as possible" might make comments later in your post seem strange.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies