It's Been 4 Years Since 9/11... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:34:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  It's Been 4 Years Since 9/11... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's Been 4 Years Since 9/11...  (Read 5230 times)
Wakie
YaBB God

« on: September 13, 2005, 09:16:18 AM »

I strongly disagree; I'm not a contemporary of MarkDel, on the board, but his post was excellent.

I agree. My favorite parts were where he said we should forget partisan politics and put that behind us today, and then went on to describe "whacko liberals." Hypocrites can be so funny.

Jesus,

I believe John Ford adequately described your inept reading comprehension skills. However, in the sake of bi-partisan agreement, I'll apologize for my reference to "wacko leftists" if you apologize to the forum for being a relentless troll, who has posted on several hundred (thousand?) occasions without ever saying anything that's even remotely probative or intellectually stimulating. And to the Democrat from Minnesota in this thread (who I can only assume is Better Red Than Dead in his latest incarnation) I will say go re-read my original post as John Ford suggested.

Although I would estimate that far less than half of my posts are trollishness and my reading skills are quite fine, I am sorry if I misread your post. But surely you can understand how "And so I urge you all to put aside your political ideology for at least the short term and focus on the fact that you are an American, with a responsibility to help your fellow citizens in time of need, and to do everything in your power to aid ALL government entities, local, state and federal by donating your time, money and energy to help the victims of this disaster. And a small part of that is to shut the  up about politics for at least a few months until everyone is safe, and the dead have been dealt with in a respectful manner as possible" might make comments later in your post seem strange.

Don't take him too personally.  Del is a smart guy but he has a lot of anger in him.  He makes good points but he also has an ego and, because of it, he makes inflammatory or ridiculous statements like "leave politics out of it ... the Democrats are to blame" or "trust me ... I'm a random guy on the internet who claims to have secret connections in government so you should take even my most outrageous statements as gospel".
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 01:20:59 PM »

Mark is the real deal, I suggest that you try to learn from his wisdom.  The particular instance when he did inform me on something that was going on that was nto reported in the media, everything he said would happen did, or, at least, I could see that it had, since the media did not reprt what he had disclosed to me in full.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but Mr Del worked for his local Congressman in DC.  Now he owns a small publishing company in Florida.  While I agree that he probably has better insights into "how Washington works" ... I find it very hard to buy that he "knows the real scoop" about what happened with NOLA.

Maybe I'm just a cynic but I just don't believe everything I read on the internet.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 03:43:35 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2005, 03:59:31 PM by Wakie »

This post is pure spin, taking things that are true and phrasing them in such a way as to minimize the credibility of your opponents, through selective language and strategic omission.  Typical Wakie.  You even manage to lie when you're telling the truth.

Nice inflammatory beginning.  Typical Ford.  Someone states basic facts and offers some opinion and you say they are lying.  You have a definite future in politics.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

How many members of Congress are there?  535 (435 reps, 100 senators).  How many people work for each one?  Let's be conservative and say 20 in each office.  This means that at any given time there are 10,700 people with the same access that Mark had over 10 years ago.  Now keep in mind that there is turnover when people leave their jobs or members of Congress retire or lose an election.

Geez, how do we maintain ANY secrets in this country?!

Not every member of Congress has access to every piece of info.  But Mark, 10 year removed Congressional employee, 2 weeks after something happens, is able to get info which the national press corps cannot get.

I guess I just find it a little unlikely, ok?  You go ahead and believe it though.  Everyone is welcome to make up their own minds.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well ... if he told us what it was (not just say "I know the truth no one is telling you") then I could provide reasons for why I agree or disagree.  But as it is ... I just think the story that he has some secret sources into some unknown truth to be unlikely.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 07:59:07 AM »

OMG, we just can't get off the Sandy Berger thing, can we?  ARe those documents are still stuck in his skivvies?  Sheesh man.

Well, if he had the scoop on the Sandy Berger thing early then that is a legitimate scoop.  I can't get too excited about the John Edwards thing though since most polls for months beforehand were predicting Edwards.  Again, everyone should decide for themself if that is a scoop.

I do stand by what I've said, Del is a smart guy who makes many good points.  But he is very excitable and his style can be very inflammatory.  Also, I have a hard time with anyone who says they have "the real scoop" and offers the justification of "trust me".  Sorry guys, I'd have this same opinion if he was a liberal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies