Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 11:13:33 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Treasury Policy Review Bill
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Treasury Policy Review Bill  (Read 1106 times)
Emsworth
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.32, S: -7.22

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2005, 10:15:14 am »
Ignore

Treasury Policy Review Bill

Preamble
The purpose of this legislation is to clarify the authority of the Secretary of the Treasury.

Section 1 - Creation of the Treasury Policy Review
1. It is the responsibility of the Secretary of the Treasury to maintain and draft the monetary and fiscal policy of Atlasia, and to negotiate agreements relating to trade when requested by the President of Atlasia.
2. The Treasury Policy Review will specifically examine the economy of Atlasia, and detail the monetary and fiscal policy of the federal government.
3. The creation of the Treasury Policy Review will be completed entirely by the Secretary of the Treasury and posted in the Treasury Department thread.

Section 2 - Treasury Department Thread
1. Citizens and elected officials of all branches of the government are invited to give commentary and opinions on Treasury policy in the Treasury Department Thread.
2. The Secretary of the Treasury is under no directive to obey the opinions expressed in the Treasury Department Thread.
3. In instances where the Secretary of the Treasury is unsure of what course of action to take he or she may call on the Senate or Executive for direct input.

Section 3 - Authority of the Treasury Policy Review
1. As drafted, the Treasury Policy Review becomes the official policy of the Republic of Atlasia.
2. Clause 1 shall not apply to any changes in appropriations or taxation that may be recommended in the Treasury Policy Review. Such modifications may only be made by the federal Budget or by an Act of the Senate.

Section 4 - Amending the Treasury Policy Review
1. The Secretary of the Treasury may freely change the Treasury Policy Review of the past office-holders.
2. The President may amend the Treasury Policy Review as he sees fit. The Secretary of the Treasury shall not have the authority to amend or reverse changes made by the President.
3. The Senate may amend the Treasury Policy Review as it sees fit by passing an Act (which shall be subject to the President's veto in the same manner as any other legislation). Neither the Secretary of the Treasury nor the President shall have the authority to amend or reverse changes made by the Senate.

Sponsor: Sen. Ebowed
Colin
ColinW
YaBB God
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 10:42:49 am »
Ignore

I see nothing within this to find myself opposed to this. I feel that a monetary review on the scale of the current foreign policy review would help to define our monetary and economic policy better, give the Secretary of the Treasury a large and greater job within Atlasia, as well as show the markets and investors what the government can be expected to do.

"God protects fools, drunks, and the United States of America" - Otto Von Bismarck

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful." - Seneca the Younger

Quote from: Conservapedia
Thanks to Bryan's victory in the Scopes trial, Tennessee voters have been educated without oppressive evolution theory for 75 years. Free from the liberal indoctrination, Tennessee voted against native son Al Gore in the 2000 Presidential election.
Defarge
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 04:28:22 pm »
Ignore

I think this is an excellent idea.  Kudos to Ebowed for the proposal.
Emsworth
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 06:19:02 pm »
Ignore

Thank you for introducing this bill on my behalf, Sen. Ebowed.

Honorable Senators, this legislation would create a Treasury Policy Review, akin to the Foreign Policy Review already in existence. It would also help define the authority of the Secretary of the Treasury, and attach well-defined responsibilities to the position. I would like to note that after I wrote this legislation, I submitted it to Secretary Supersoulty for his comments, and received his approval.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 02:03:54 am »
Ignore

Not a bad idea all told

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
frenger
Bono
YaBB God
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 8.65, S: -4.17

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 02:22:30 am »
Ignore

So does this abolish the Federal Reserve and give its responsabilities back to the Department of Treasure?

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed and hence clamorous to be led to safety by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." H.L. Mencken

NO, I don't want to go back to Fantasy Elections.
Emsworth
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 05:29:49 am »
Ignore

So does this abolish the Federal Reserve and give its responsabilities back to the Department of Treasure?
Yes, all policy responsibilities go back to the Treasury Department. The various Federal Reserve Banks themselves still remain in place, but they do not make any policy decisions.
Emsworth
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 02:58:31 pm »
Ignore

The question is on the final passage of this bill. All those in favor, say Aye; those opposed, say No.
Q
QQQQQQ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 03:00:36 pm »
Ignore

Aye

Vice President of Atlasia (I-GA)
Defarge
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 03:03:22 pm »
Ignore

Aye
Ebowed
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -8.32, S: -9.30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 03:18:33 pm »
Ignore

Aye

A tidal wave of healthcare has swept across coal country. 
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 04:04:28 pm »
Ignore

Aye

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
MasterJedi
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: 6.43

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 04:08:24 pm »

Aye

DanielX
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

P
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 05:10:05 pm »
Ignore

Sandcastle with a moat... make that Aye.

Yankee Capitalist Scum!
Emsworth
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 05:12:55 pm »
Ignore

The bill has enough votes to pass; Senators have 24 hours to vote or change their votes.
Colin
ColinW
YaBB God
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2005, 04:30:24 pm »
Ignore

Aye

"God protects fools, drunks, and the United States of America" - Otto Von Bismarck

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful." - Seneca the Younger

Quote from: Conservapedia
Thanks to Bryan's victory in the Scopes trial, Tennessee voters have been educated without oppressive evolution theory for 75 years. Free from the liberal indoctrination, Tennessee voted against native son Al Gore in the 2000 Presidential election.
True Democrat
true democrat
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2005, 06:15:13 pm »
Ignore

Aye

Michael Bloomberg for President.

Lol Winfield.  This quote is from a thread entitled "what do the following proceed to do if they are not nominated?"
Romney - President of Harvard
Emsworth
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2005, 03:12:41 pm »
Ignore

There have voted:
Aye: 8
No: 0

The bill is passed and presented to the President.
Siege40
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2005, 05:42:30 pm »
Ignore

Siege40

President - July 1, 2005 - Nov 4, 2005
Secretary of State - Mar 6, 2005 - July 1, 2005
Senator - Nov 5, 2004 - Mar 1, 2005
Northeast Governor - Aug 29, 2004 - Nov 5, 2004