When will the UK become a South Asian-majority nation?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:21:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When will the UK become a South Asian-majority nation?  (Read 2676 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 11, 2005, 06:20:27 PM »

Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 09:41:06 PM »

In 10 days.
MissCatholic

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 10:34:45 AM »

Never. EU immigration is on the rise and will keep the white race in the majority.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 10:40:33 AM »

Probably never.  Although I expect London to become a white minority city fairly soon, if it isn't already.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 12:38:38 PM »

Never. EU immigration is on the rise and will keep the white race in the majority.

Agreed. And i'm pleased that that will be the case.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 12:47:16 PM »

London is 76% white currently. However I understand that it's not like most American cities, it's more of a metro area than an actual city. It has inner-city type parts to it, but plenty of suburban type areas. So it's unlikely it will ever go minority-white.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 01:25:45 PM »

Probably never.  Although I expect London to become a white minority city fairly soon, if it isn't already.

Of the London Boroughs, only Tower Hamlets (the most inner part of the East End) has a non-white majority

Dave
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 03:17:48 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2005, 10:39:41 AM by Senator Al »

Of the London Boroughs, only Tower Hamlets (the most inner part of the East End) has a non-white majority

Yeah... but a lot of it is all gentrified now. But it's close to getting the U.K's first U.S style ghetto (Bangladeshis) so...
The borough most like a U.S style inner city is Newham IMO. Ironic as it isn't *really* part of Inner London. Of the real Inner boroughs, it's probably Hackney these days (also East End so...) The London parliamentary seat most like a U.S inner city is (without a shadow of doubt) Camberwall & Peckham.
But London isn't most American cities; better cities to compare with would be Birmingham and Manchester (oddly enough these are also the two that best fit urban land use models).
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 09:58:33 AM »

Why exactly would it "please" you that whites will remain in the majority?
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 10:24:51 AM »

He's a closeted Nazi that's what it is...
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »

He's a closeted Nazi that's what it is...

As long as British Bangladeshi's don't get too big, Britain is fine.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2005, 08:03:10 PM »

Probably never, but there are enough minorities to sustain social strife indefinitely.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 06:28:13 AM »

At current rates, sometime in the 22nd Century.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2005, 07:20:07 AM »

Would you like Britain to have a non-white majority then? Britain should have a white majority in the same way South Africa should have a black majority and Pakistan a Muslim majority. Diluting national cultures around the world striving to produce a happy mix of 'multiculturalism' is wrong. I'm sorry. I celebrate my own culture, Scottish, christian, western above all others and that's how it should be because it is mine. Likewise if I was Chinese and lived in China I would celebrate that. Why destroy an ancient culture or ethnicity simply to forward a political agenda?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2005, 08:06:50 AM »

Multiculturalism isn't wrong, but I still support Britain remaining majority white. Multiculturalism is great, but the national culture should be the primary one, and that's Anglo-Celtic in the UK (and in Australia).
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 09:40:14 AM »

Would you like Britain to have a non-white majority then?

I don't mind what sort of majority Britain has as long as it is a law abiding one.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

How does living in a country with a non-white majority stop you from celebrating your culture (something you are perfectly entitled to do)? I mean, it doesn't seem to stop minorities who live here from celebrating their culture.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2005, 07:25:40 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2005, 10:20:35 PM by Michael Z »

I never realised that preaching tolerance between cultures is tantamount to some big conspiracy to turn Britain into a white-minority state, but then most rants against "multiculturalism" (a term largely invented to undermine the concept of cross-cultural tolerance, just like the adage of "political correctness" was created to attack progressive ideas) are coded racism, no matter whether the person making the argument realises this or not.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2005, 11:40:56 AM »

I never realised that preaching tolerance between cultures is tantamount to some big conspiracy to turn Britain into a white-minority state, but then most rants against "multiculturalism" (a term largely invented to undermine the concept of cross-cultural tolerance, just like the adage of "political correctness" was created to attack progressive ideas) are coded racism, no matter whether the person making the argument realises this or not.

Political Correctness was created to attack progressive ideas? No it was designed to attack stupid ideas like 'Winterval.' And the term 'multicultural' is most used by it's supporters not its oponents. And before you denounce me as a 'coded racist' I have had a variety of friends and lovers of different races and faiths from my own.I tolerate different cultures, but I won't tolerate aspects of other cultures which I believe are wrong whether it be forced marriages, homophobia, gun culture or anti-zionism.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2005, 07:07:51 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2005, 07:18:38 PM by Michael Z »

Political Correctness was created to attack progressive ideas? No it was designed to attack stupid ideas like 'Winterval.'

Whenever someone is attacked for being a bigot, they always, almost as if by default, revert to that tired old adage of "not bowing down to political correctness". Almost always, at least.

That's almost like saying "I'm not racist, I've got black friends." But I digress, I wasn't calling you a coded racist, I was accusing you of saying racist things without necessarily being aware of it. You quite actively appear to believe that Islam, as a whole, is ingrained by homophobia and anti-Zionism based on subjective experiences you have made; in other words, you tarring everyone following Islam with the same brush and are making generalisations. However, generalisations of other cultures or ethinicies are, by definition, racist, whether you realise this or not.

Yes, but that's not the issue, is it. If you were simply rejecting those aspects then it wouldn't be much of an issue, but you appear to be attacking those cultures as a whole, notwithstanding that not all of these aspects (forced marriages et al) apply to each and everyone individual within what is still a very loosely connected religious group. You may as well say that all Catholics are raving homophobes based on Benedict XVI's views on homosexuality. I know Muslims who are bigots and I know Muslims who aren't, just as I know Christians who are bigots and Christians who aren't. It's as simple as that.

Not to mention your stated relief that the white race will stay in the majority - at the very least I hope you can appreciate how someone would interpret that as rather bigoted.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 12:34:34 AM »

Never
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 08:36:56 AM »

Never. When things get bad in the continent due to undigested immigrants combined with economic ruins the UK will get millions of fleeing euros. We already have people from continental europe moving to the UK/US/Canada/Australia. The UK in 50 years will probably have 1/5  the percentage of nonwhite that it does now.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies