Grade the Bush Presidency - on all issues
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:17:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grade the Bush Presidency - on all issues
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What grade would you give the Bush Presidency?
A

B

C

D

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Grade the Bush Presidency - on all issues  (Read 493 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2005, 10:12:46 AM »

Education - hasn't funded NCLB. Republican and democrats have scrapped the bill.

Healthcare- costs keep going up. People without healthcare has risen by 10m since 2000.

War on Terrorism - Hurricane Katrina has shown to the American people that we are not ready for a terrorist attack. Failed to catch Bin Laden, Iraq is a mess, Iran and North Korea won't listen to America. Europeans dispise Bush. South Korea wants america to leave the korean pennisula.

Border - well its big wide and they will attack us soon.

Deficit - does this president understand why FDR and Truman made cuts when crisis demanded it.

Economy - the economys improving say bush puppets on wall street but only 26% of the nation agrees.

You can't give him an A, maybe the conservatives can give him a B. So i will give bush a C.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 10:16:42 AM »

F on everything.

Let me put it this way: In middle school I once got a score of 4 on a 70 point test. Bush's score would be even lower than that.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 10:20:03 AM »

Education - B.  Congress funds it, not the President.

Healthcare- C.  I hate socialized healthcare.

War on Terrorism - B+.  Except for the lingering insurgency in Iraq, he has done so much more than anyone since Reagan in taking on terrorism and preventing future attacks domestically.

Border - C, but this is more of a failure of Congress than the Executive office.  

Deficit - B.  While I would rather have wanted a slightly lesser deficit, there is nothing wrong with us carrying a deficit as a nation.  It is actually a beneficial tool when it comes to controlling inflation/recession when mixed with the right economic policies.  In our case, we had to expand the deficit through federal spending to curb off the recession that resulted from the collapse of the tech bubble.

Economy - C+ nationally, A personally.  My personal wealth has continued to increase, so his policies haven't impacted me directly.

Overall, I give him a B, and Congress a C.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 10:21:08 AM »

F on everything.

Let me put it this way: In middle school I once got a score of 4 on a 70 point test. Bush's score would be even lower than that.

I once got a -54 on an Engineering Design final exam.  hahaha . . . of course, out of a class of 63, only 5 passed.  Smiley
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 10:22:26 AM »

Until you provide me with option E - yes, the one which sits between D and F, I can't vote Wink

I'll be honest - even though I like him in small doses, I can't blow sunshine where the sun don't shine on this occasion

Dave
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 10:29:56 AM »

I once had a 71 on an American history exam.  The next highest score was 34.  The professor asked my advisor to get me top change my major to history.  :-)

I give Bush a B; he can do better.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 11:18:55 AM »

C-. Sounds bad, until you realize the only President in the last 50 years to get so much as a B+ would be Reagan. Carter would, for instance, be a D-, while Ford and Kennedy are C's, Bush Sr. a C-, Nixon and Johnson both Ds, and Eisenhower a B-. No President, save perhaps Washington, would get an A. I guess I'm a tough grader...

Individual grades:

Education: C-; Bush is actually trying to get the Feds in MORE.

Healthcare: D; No medicare reform, but strap an expensive prescription-drug bill? Need i say, 'oink'?

War on Terror: B-, curved to a B+: he can do better, but I curved the grade because no senior politician on either party is willing to do so - or perhaps they can't figure out how.

Border: D-. Almost everyone in DC, Bush included, is sound asleep.

Deficit: C-. Bush isn't controlling the bipartisan pig fest that is Congress. Doesn't help that he lacks line-item veto power, but still.....

Economy: C+. Bush has made some good strides in this area, but he's also made his share of gaffes. And he isn't going to control spending, so he can't cut taxes further.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies