canada joining the US
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:12:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  canada joining the US
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: canada joining the US  (Read 2681 times)
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2005, 08:12:09 PM »

No, Jesus, no. Canada east of Manitoba will not be joining the United States until Stage 27 of the ZOG conspiracy. First on the list are Guyana and Afghanistan. Iraq, Iran, Suriname, Alberta, and Japan are all next. Then Puerto Rico and the Mariannas will become states. After that, Israel will join; formally announcing its plans to the world. Cheesy
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2005, 08:24:19 PM »

No, Jesus, no. Canada east of Manitoba will not be joining the United States until Stage 27 of the ZOG conspiracy. First on the list are Guyana and Afghanistan. Iraq, Iran, Suriname, Alberta, and Japan are all next. Then Puerto Rico and the Mariannas will become states. After that, Israel will join; formally announcing its plans to the world. Cheesy

Guam/Mariannas statehood (as well as many other Pacific Islands) should be pursued as well. Guyana should definitely become a state, and the U.S. can pursue and English-world domination plan, taking New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom, and Ireland. As for English speaking African countries, Liberia should be annexed as soon as possible and so should South Africa. But after that, the United States has probably taken in as many "poor" countries as it can at once. Japan has had a strong relationship with the United States since the end of World War 2. If only it became a state after we occupied the nation! Smiley However, Japan could certainly join as a number of states (or one big state if we abolish the senate). Taiwan could join as well and I'm sure it would like the added security from China it would gain by joining the U.S.

I do not think Iraq nor Afghanistan should become a state. They are too poor, violent, and Muslim.

And wow, my previous is post is probably my longest ever.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2005, 10:42:26 PM »

I believe strongly in the idea of the annexation of Canada, because I believe we need to increase the size and population of our country to counter the Chinese.

Go annex Mexico; we're fine right where we are. Tongue

you might be able to annex us, but we'd be just as able to annex you.

I mean really if someone called the president an insisted the canadians were invading, he'd hang up! Cheesy

We have street gangs that could take on the Candian army.

Hell the Pennsylvania National Guard, sans the ones currently in Iraq, could take over Canada.

This is the one problem about being a Canadian neoconservative as opposed to an American neoconservative: you don't have a large army to brag about to increase your penis size. Cheesy

Canadian neo-cons instead brag about the American army. Tongue
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2005, 12:26:17 AM »

It depends on what there other positions are and if the person who wants it now will let the people of Canada decide.

Either way I'd support the one who wants it now! Grin

They are identical.

Canada apparently isn't all that against it:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Funny how Quebec thinks that we'd treat them better than Canada does.

Well, let's look at this.

The United States has had a long history of ethnic diversity.  Liberals love to talk about what a racist country the United States is, but the fact is that not mnay countries have historically had to deal with anything approuching the racial and ethnic diversity that we see here.  Canada is basically a monolithic country when it comes to racial and ethnic make up, or should I say bilithic, you are either British or French and most people are British.  Now that many European countries are dealing with racial and ethnic countries, they don't seem to be handling it to well and I am not talking about Eastern Europe.  I am talking about Germany, France, Italy and Great Britain.  By comparison, where the US is right now looks pretty good.

The Quebecois probably see this, and many think that they would get a better deal from us than they would those in Canada, because we are not monolithic.  Most Americans are far more accepting of racial difference than others around the world, because it is something that we deal with on a regular basis.  There are large areas of our country where Spanish is the accepted first language.  There are still areas in San Francisco and New York where a person can get through an entire day speaking only Chinese.  And, all over the northeast, there are communities where Greek is still widely spoken in households.

Personally, if the Quebecois ever wished it, I would welcome them into the Union with open arms.

Right to a point, southern Ontario, especially around the Toronto area is VERY ethnically diverse, much of the rest of the country isn't that diverse (minus Vancouver & Quebec)

From Wikipedia

Racial Makeup of Toronto:

* White: 53.3%
    * Chinese/Asian: 14.2%
    * Indian/South Asian: 10.3%
    * African/Black: 9.8%
    * Hispanic/Latin American: 2.5%
    * Mixed: 2.1%
    * Other Race: 7.8%
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2005, 12:42:30 AM »

Ottawa's pretty diverse too. :-p So are a lot of major Canadian cities. Of course, it's hard to find immigrants outside of these cities though.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2005, 01:04:29 AM »
« Edited: September 17, 2005, 01:11:38 AM by Senator Gabu »

Well, let's look at this.

The United States has had a long history of ethnic diversity.  Liberals love to talk about what a racist country the United States is, but the fact is that not mnay countries have historically had to deal with anything approuching the racial and ethnic diversity that we see here.  Canada is basically a monolithic country when it comes to racial and ethnic make up, or should I say bilithic, you are either British or French and most people are British.  Now that many European countries are dealing with racial and ethnic countries, they don't seem to be handling it to well and I am not talking about Eastern Europe.  I am talking about Germany, France, Italy and Great Britain.  By comparison, where the US is right now looks pretty good.

The Quebecois probably see this, and many think that they would get a better deal from us than they would those in Canada, because we are not monolithic.  Most Americans are far more accepting of racial difference than others around the world, because it is something that we deal with on a regular basis.  There are large areas of our country where Spanish is the accepted first language.  There are still areas in San Francisco and New York where a person can get through an entire day speaking only Chinese.  And, all over the northeast, there are communities where Greek is still widely spoken in households.

Personally, if the Quebecois ever wished it, I would welcome them into the Union with open arms.

Personally, I don't dislike Quebec because they speak French; I dislike Quebec because it's a whiny leech who already gets so much federal funding and who still wants more.  My dad loves it in Quebec because it's so easy to get welfare there.  Quite frankly, I don't think America would particularly benefit from adding Quebec to the Union.  I've been telling them "Secede already!" for a long time so we can form a list of demands to present to them when they realize their horrible mistake and want back in.

I don't think that the fact that French is so widely spoken there has anything to do with it, other than being perhaps the root of their seeming neverending list of demands, given that it started when we gave them the concession of not having to recognize English as an official language.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies