Capital Punishment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:14:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Capital Punishment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Capital Punishment  (Read 18831 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: May 02, 2004, 01:02:30 PM »

If you take away someones constitutionally guaranteed right to live then you yourself lose your rights. The state has every right to execute a guilty person for murder. And the law should be strongly enforced more so then now. Save the state the money and get the execution over with within a year of the trial.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 01:41:06 PM »

Very very few innocent people are actually convicted. Of course a criminal in jail is going to say, "I didn't do it." That's just human nature.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 07:33:32 PM »

Ok, so if no death penalty then make their life in prison term miserable. Meager food, no outside contact, one newspaper once a month, no TV, no library, solitary, chain gangs. If you got rid of the death penalty and instituted all of the afore mentioned then I would consider it.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 02:31:24 PM »

Death is the easy way out. Death is like giving someone a new Birthday. I don't see how Death is even a punishment. If anything Death is a gift.

So I know what to get you for christmas I guess....

ROFLMAO Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 04:26:38 PM »

One person murdered by a piece of human garbage is to many!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 06:17:23 PM »

True, but the reality is that nothing the state does will ever fully prevent murders.  The state does not have to participate in the murduring however, particularly when there is ANY chance the state is murduring an innocent person.  Better that 10 guilty men go free than that 1 innocent man is imprisoned.  This concept increses in significance exponentially with the death penalty in my opinion.

If you remove someone right to live you yourself should have your right to live removed.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 12:36:47 PM »

True, but the reality is that nothing the state does will ever fully prevent murders.  The state does not have to participate in the murduring however, particularly when there is ANY chance the state is murduring an innocent person.  Better that 10 guilty men go free than that 1 innocent man is imprisoned.  This concept increses in significance exponentially with the death penalty in my opinion.

If you remove someone right to live you yourself should have your right to live removed.
1) you failed to address the question of executing an innocent person;
2) gustaf is correct;
3) I suppose you suggest executing drunk drivers who kill others in accidents - that would make sense using your logic.  Same goes for any accident's you "cause", whether through negligence, recklessness or even bad luck.

Innocent people being jailed or executed is EXTREMELY rare. And if a person killed another intentionally they deserve to die.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 01:27:19 AM »

Be. I do not feel prisoners should have better access to education and health then the poor. If these people committed a terrible crime their justice should be swift and fair. It is not inhumane for them in jail. We are being far to easy on them. We need to give them hard labor and get back to the things the French did in French Guinea.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies