Recitation of Pledge Found Unconstitutional... Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:38:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Recitation of Pledge Found Unconstitutional... Again (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recitation of Pledge Found Unconstitutional... Again  (Read 13650 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: September 15, 2005, 08:30:46 PM »

When I was an instructor I observed several student teachers and I happened to observe several instances where one student chose to decline to stand and recite the pledge. Only one in the room, and I saw it several times with several different people. Maybe 3 times. Not only did no one intimidate or coerce any of these single, non-pledging students, no one even paid any attention. They didn't care! I mean this argument that an optional pledge is coercion or intimidation is baloney. If we're going to stop everyone from saying it because one person does not want to say it, who are we infringing upon here?

When my friend declined to stand last year, a group of kids across the room yelled at him, and the teacher didn't seem to care. It all depends on the type of kids, I suppose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies