TX-GOV: Who wins Democratic runoff?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 01:58:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-GOV: Who wins Democratic runoff?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Pick one
Lupe Valdez

Andrew White

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: TX-GOV: Who wins Democratic runoff?  (Read 2386 times)
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2018, 06:26:41 PM »

Who wins the primary runoff?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 06:39:29 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2018, 07:04:39 PM by MB »

Valdez 53–47, I'll predict. It's a Tossup though.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 06:55:05 PM »

Hoping for White so voted for White, but not at all confident in that.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 10:52:21 PM »

I find this primary map very aesthetic. Is there some kind of competition and antagonism going on between Dallas and Houston?
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 10:58:15 PM »

Lupe. Another Hispanic candidate got 4% and she was already at 43%, should be an easy win for her.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 10:59:15 PM »

I find this primary map very aesthetic. Is there some kind of competition and antagonism going on between Dallas and Houston?

Always, Houston is the least Texas place in Texas (and therefore the most livable).
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 12:43:38 AM »

Any runoff polls lately?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 01:03:05 AM »

It'll be close, but as Hispanics are a more prominent group in Texas Democratic politics, I'll go with Valdez

Lupe Valdez 51.7%
Andrew White 48.3%
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 02:09:59 AM »

Andrew White has been arguing with people on Facebook (and got his mom involved): https://www.texasmonthly.com/politics/democrats-argue-victory-and-values-in-facebook-fight-over-white-valdez/

Meanwhile, Lupe Valdez has been chilling at South by Southwest Festival in Austin: https://www.thewrap.com/scene-thewrap-be-conference-2018-photos-rachel-bloom-lisa-hart-mentors/

Personally, I hope Valdez wins the nomination and that those who voted for Adrian Ocegueda and Jeffrey Payne decamp and vote for Valdez. White enters the run-off with much more cash on hand. Valdez went into election day with only $57,902 on hand while White had $944,000. However, she was able to get 43% by only raising about $150,000 since announcing and White had raised about $1.2 million.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 08:17:10 AM »

https://youtu.be/GVmIqRcglvE
Here is the best analysis of the differences in the Texas regions out there.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 09:03:35 AM »

Valdez. Though White would get better percentage in GE...
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 01:35:35 PM »

Is there polling yet?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 03:14:35 PM »

Valdez's lock on North Texas, Central Texas, and The Valley will likely be too much to overcome. Plus her campaign theme for the remainder of primary practically writes itself 'You've been told to "vote 'white' your whole lives, its time for a a change" Tongue
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 08:54:45 AM »

Valdez's lock on North Texas, Central Texas, and The Valley will likely be too much to overcome. Plus her campaign theme for the remainder of primary practically writes itself 'You've been told to "vote 'white' your whole lives, its time for a a change" Tongue

Personaly i think, that her Hispanic last name is more important. She got an extremely big margins in many hispanic areas of Texas in primary, and Hispanics in general constitute a very big part of state Democratic electorate.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 10:07:15 AM »

Lupe Valdez will win, and she's a pretty strong candidate, but her fundraising numbers worry me. There's an outside chance Andrew White can fund a big ad campaign and win the runoff, but it's not likely.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 11:03:01 AM »

Lupe Valdez will win, and she's a pretty strong candidate, but her fundraising numbers worry me. There's an outside chance Andrew White can fund a big ad campaign and win the runoff, but it's not likely.

You need way more than $2 million to run a good ad campaign in Texas. Texas is expensive as hell.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 11:58:49 AM »

Always, Houston is the least Texas place in Texas (and therefore the most livable).
Isn't Travis less "Texas" considering It's the most liberal place in the state?
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2018, 12:18:48 AM »

Andrew White is being super annoying. Not only has he taken to Facebook to argue in comments (https://www.texasmonthly.com/politics/democrats-argue-victory-and-values-in-facebook-fight-over-white-valdez/), he's also been annoying in the media in calling for debates with Lupe and calling on the Texas Democratic Party to host one. The Texas Democratic Party doesn't host debates for statewide offices and gave a catty response: "We are not the DNC, and we all know it didn't go so well for them on presidential debates."

Source: https://www.texastribune.org/2018/03/13/lupe-valdez-and-andrew-white-democrats-runoff-take-greg-abbott-debate-/
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2018, 04:27:42 AM »

You need way more than $2 million to run a good ad campaign in Texas. Texas is expensive as hell.

You need much more then $2 million. At least - 20....
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2018, 07:57:10 AM »

White is from Houston while Valdez was the sheriff of Dallas.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2018, 01:41:22 PM »

Okay, that makes sense. But why did Grady Yarbrough perform so well in the northern panhandle?
And I just realized that Loving Democrats have trolled their own party once again. 😏
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 01:46:33 PM »

Okay, that makes sense. But why did Grady Yarbrough perform so well in the northern panhandle?
And I just realized that Loving Democrats have trolled their own party once again. 😏

Protest vote by Demosaurs.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2018, 10:55:40 PM »

While it is the most liberal place in the state, Austin is still very much Texas.  Houston feels more like the Deep South, like its a weird mix between New Orleans and Atlanta.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 10:17:27 PM »

While it is the most liberal place in the state, Austin is still very much Texas.  Houston feels more like the Deep South, like its a weird mix between New Orleans and Atlanta.

I don't want to paint with a broad brush here but literally everyone in Austin is hipster transplant from from California that pretends to be Texans. Tongue
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2018, 08:51:55 AM »

Since the primary, White has earned the endorsements of former state legislator Debra Danburg, former gubernatorial candidate Cedric Davis, and former Lt. Governor candidate Michael Cooper. Valdez has earned the endorsements of state senator/Democratic congressional nominee Sylvia Garcia and the Victory Fund. The Victory Fund should help her a little with fundraising.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies