Emsworth vs. Jake (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:04:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Emsworth vs. Jake (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: your vote/who wins
Emsworth/Emsworth

Emsworth/Jake

Jake/Emsworth

Jake/Jake

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Emsworth vs. Jake  (Read 7663 times)
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« on: September 18, 2005, 07:43:15 PM »

As you might expect, I would vote for myself. However, I would probably be a horrendous candidate. Libertarianism does not really go down well with the voters. Most people just approach elections with the attitude, "What will the government do for me?" It is not, "Will the government respect the Constitution"; it is not "Will the government expand freedom for all Americans?" I don't mean to seem elitist, but this is how most voters think, as evidenced by how most candidates run their campaigns.

I shudder at the prospect of telling the voters that the federal minimum wage is unconstitutional, for example. If I were to remain completely truthful, Jake would probably win.

One of these clowns is an extremist who opposes a minimum wage (86% of Americans support increasing it)...
86% of Americans do not care about the Constitution (see the quotation in my sig.)

Good choices! I'd probably vote for Jake and hope he nominates Emsworth for Chief Justice on the off chance Roberts dies in a freak shaving accident.
Hah, I would probably enjoy being Chief Justice much more than being President. I would probably get more support for that position, actually, than for the Presidency (although Jfern and the like will probably oppose me anyway).
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 09:19:38 PM »

I wouldn't characterize Jake as a fascist, insomuch as he does not stress the creation of an authoritarian corporatist state. I've never seen him argue that corporate interests should be exalted at the expense of individuals; in fact, his views are pretty much the opposite. Thus, while he is certainly a nationalist and a statist, he is not, as far as I can see, a fascist.

He's more of a populist, and is therefore more likely to achieve extensive popular support. My only hope is that I could raise much more money from corporate donors than he can. Tongue
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »

NC was also protecting it's sugar industry with the vote.
Yes, I always found that a little odd. The amount of sugar that is allowed to come in from Central America will be equal to less than one-third of one percent of what American sugar industries produce.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies