Ending of Aided Rebellion Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:28:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ending of Aided Rebellion Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ending of Aided Rebellion Bill  (Read 5206 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: September 17, 2005, 07:34:09 PM »

I was one of the people who stood by President PBrunsel when he decided to give aid to anti-communist forces in China and I will continue to stand by that plan. Giving them aid will make it much more likely that they will be able to get their opinion heard in China and to put pressure upon the government to brign about a more representative and democratic government. We have seen how the popular will and the actions of the people of a country can overthrow a vile despotic regime. We can only hope that such events will happen in China and that Atlasian can try and help make those events occur.

Also I would like to motion that the hearings on this bill be made secret for GM reasons. In real life I doubt that this would be debated in an open session of the Senate and thus we should run this debate as if it was a secret session so that the GM will make a note to not comment about any Chinese response.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 08:12:29 PM »

I oppose this bill. True, I don't like a lot of foreign aid to begin with, but democratization is a cause I support and frankly, I don't like commies much Tongue.
Could you please give us a list of which countries we should try to "democratize" by giving taxpayer funding to rebellion operatives?

Cuba, Zimbabwe, Uzbekistan arguably, Syria, and Venezuela. In most, the democratization process would be as easy as a JDAM in the right place.

Or an assassin with good aim. Wink
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 07:20:20 PM »

Nay for the reasons given by the honorable former PPT Gabu.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies