Ending of Aided Rebellion Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:04:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ending of Aided Rebellion Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ending of Aided Rebellion Bill  (Read 5234 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: September 17, 2005, 07:02:04 PM »

If any nation were funding or aiding rebellion operatives in Atlasia, that would be a cause for war undoubtedly.  Therefore, I don't think we should be aiding any rebellion operatives in China at this time when there is no reason for conflict, or allow that possibility in our legislation.  All this will do is simply repeal the relevant Clause 2:

"The Atlasian Senate will be allowed to aid Pro-Democratic and Free China Operatives in Mainland China and Taiwan."
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 07:38:10 PM »

I was one of the people who stood by President PBrunsel when he decided to give aid to anti-communist forces in China and I will continue to stand by that plan. Giving them aid will make it much more likely that they will be able to get their opinion heard in China and to put pressure upon the government to brign about a more representative and democratic government.

Think of it this way:  is China going to listen to a bunch of rebellions funded by another country and not notice the country that is helping the rebellious people out?  If China were funding pro-Communist operatives in Atlasia, would that not be a problem?  We can't just go aid rebellions wherever we want when there's no need for conflict and expect countries we're not friendly with to leave us alone.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 07:53:41 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2005, 08:01:14 PM by Senator Porce »

I oppose this bill. True, I don't like a lot of foreign aid to begin with, but democratization is a cause I support and frankly, I don't like commies much Tongue.
Could you please give us a list of which countries we should try to "democratize" by giving taxpayer funding to rebellion operatives?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 11:44:42 PM »

We should hold to our principles and not needlessly provoke countries by aiding rebellion against their governments.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 01:57:52 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2005, 02:34:10 AM by Senator Porce »

Let me make it clear that just about any Senator that votes for this bill isn't getting a vote from me for any office...ever.  It reveals a total lack of principles.
That's a little harsh.  How does this reveal a lack of principles?  If anything, this shows my willingness to support an unpopular cause when I think it's right.  That is not a lack of principles, Mr. Former Senator.

I just don't think it's right to go looking for conflict.  I think that's bad for the interests of Atlasia.

Also, I see in some places being written that this would repeal the whole act; it only repeals one little clause.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 07:48:58 PM »

Yea
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies